• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Ran into a distressed passerby that begged for help w/ something at a nearby home. Pulled out my pistol and was ready for the ambush. Can't fool me with that shit!

naku

How do people make money in this game? Stock Exchange? Missions? Like I need a shit ton of money for car tuning and such, but I barely have 10,000 bucks.

Well damn, I loved the melee in the game, until both Franklin AND Michael just changed their attacks on their own?! What was melee with pushing kicks and straight rights, it then became slow looping hooks. What the hell? I would have thought that the more I fight, the better they get, not worse!

Derrick01

Banned
Wow the sound and music in this is crazy low. I think it might be using surround due to the speakers I use even though I don't have them set up like that. How do I turn that off on PS3?

otakuderek

Ah a fellow Hampton Roads Gaffer. Nice

Norfolk, VA, United States 09/17/2013 6:56 A.M. Out For Delivery

tumblr_mdy6ir3DvS1rn0vh6o1_500.gif

So there is a Hampton Roads GAF! Got the game at midnight. Played until around 4am EST. this game is excellent. All the missions I have played so far were great.
I enjoy the tow truck missions the most for some reason.

Wow the sound and music in this is crazy low. I think it might be using surround due to the speakers I use even though I don't have them set up like that. How do I turn that off on PS3?

Why you no have headset.

Dude, I bought the Pulse Implosion Elite just for this game. Not fucking around.

Played a couple missions, cruised around, awesome.
Tennis is AWFUL though, almost couldn't believe it.
I hope the other activities are way better.

ezekial45

Banned
Is this game giving PS3 phat owners any issues? I heard there were some problems for people. I'm still running on a MGS4 ps3 console, I don't want to have any problems.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what's the story with the online, is that coming later? I would investigate myself but the fucking mailman is a shitbag.

Played a couple missions, cruised around, awesome.
Tennis is AWFUL though, almost couldn't believe it.
I hope the other activities are way better.

tennis is bad?! wtf why?

OG Loc

So there is a Hampton Roads GAF! Got the game at midnight. Played until around 4am EST. this game is excellent. All the missions I have played so far were great.
I enjoy the tow truck missions the most for some reason.
I'm another member of Hampton Roads GAF. Norfolk as well.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just watched a movie in the theater called "The loneliest robot in Great Britain" And it was fucking insane. Lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT THAT INTRO

HOLY SHIIIIT

Man it teaches you that you can save in the house, then next time you go back, it refuses to let u save as forced to take that guy and his dog on that mission, nice game design

2hours in, having fun and found a few fun side missions so far.

Pachimari

I have the same issue. The music is really low while voice acting is super loud. Really annoying. :(

ufo8mycat

ultron87

A few hours in I'm already feeling some of the same story complaints I had with past GTAs, but besides that it seems fun.

Franklin, why are you hanging out with this Lamar fool who is clearly going to just continually get you into messes?

Tawpgun

I'm gonna play after work, I was just curious as to how escaping from cops works here. I didn't see the GTA IV perimeter on the minimap on the footage I saw.

Is this game giving PS3 phat owners any issues? I heard there were some problems for people. I'm still running on a MGS4 ps3 console, I don't want to have any problems.

None at all. It runs considerably less noisier and a lot cooler. Last of Us was giving mine a hard time but this is like it does not even have to work.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Los Santos is overwhelming. The map is so big I don't think I'll ever be able to learn where to go without using the pause menu

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm gonna play after work, I was just curious as to how escaping from cops works here. I didn't see the GTA IV perimeter on the minimap on the footage I saw.

Almost more realistic now. The cops cone search for you and the car you are in and have "vision cones" that shows where they are searching. If you avoid the searches you get away.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

when you commit a crime the mini-map will flash blue and red. If you leave that area the cops have a vision cone you need to avoid. They look for you for quite some time.

It's pretty clever because if you switch cars you can sometimes just roll right past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom