• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
It's GAF man...

I play games on a high end PC, and still think the game is impressive.
I just got into high end PC gaming about 6 months ago and yeah i think the game is extremely impressive. Looks fucking great, plays great and having a great time. Just taking a little coffee break before i jump back in.

Am i excited to play it on PC at higher resolutions and better framerate? Of course, but i have absolutely no problems and i can say all those PSN complaints are seeming like bullshit because i have yet to notice any bad pop in. But again, i played consoles all my life so i don't really notice these things, look for these things or really care.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hell, I was thinking how improved they are even from Red Dead. Everything feels tight and smooth, the camera is not a wonk-fest, and the driving has been refined to the sweet spot. I love how it plays.

Same here. I'm genuinely surprised as I haven't really liked the controls from most of Rockstars RAGE engine games this gen. I just wish the aiming reticule was easier to see.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Same here. I'm genuinely surprised as I haven't really liked the controls from most of Rockstars RAGE engine games this gen. I just wish the aiming reticule was easier to see.

I think multiple people have said you can change the reticule.

sikkinixx

I guess the one advantage to work being soul crushingly slow with no call-ins going into week 3 of the school year is I get the day to play this. Local mom and pop shop where I have some credit doesn't open until noon though.

ufo8mycat

This is what happens when you set your expectations for a seven year old console as high as a current PC. This game or any game for that matter that is released on these consoles are going to show their age. If you cannot accept that fact, then it is best that you wait for the PC release. It just boggles my mind that so many people had such unrealistic expectations for a game released on seven year old hardware (which was not even that great when it was released).

What boggles my mind even more is some of the people complaining are people who game on consoles.

They are making it sound like this is something new, like something they have never seen before, when all console games have jaggies, muddy textures etc. GTA V is no different. :D

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is it still like in earlier GTAs where you couldn't get 100% if you used a cheat? I want to try the snow...

I used the cheat for snow and no achievements would pop up. But after turning the console or and rebooting up it resumed the save and I could then earn achievements again.

Anyone know how to have multiple save files for GTA V?

I'm sharing my copy with my brother and there doesnt seem to be a save game in the options like the previous games.

Double D

Being a member of the PC master race, I found everything fine until I started driving through traffic. Framerate drops galore. I'll get over it though.

Only got about 45 minutes in before heading to work, but I was immediately sucked in. Great stuff so far.

Karak

Ya. Agreed. I felt they were tightened up across the board.

Norfolk, VA, United States 09/17/2013 6:56 A.M. Out For Delivery

tumblr_mdy6ir3DvS1rn0vh6o1_500.gif

Rage Kage

Neo Member
I've played for about four hours, and I'm still not sure how the car saving mechanics work. If you save a car in a garage and then take it out and leave it somewhere, will it just show up at some other point? Say, after a mission? Sometimes my car just shows up in the garage or on the curb next to me, but other times it's still sitting where I left it before a mission.

neoism

the scale of this game is awesome but not really liking the cars feeling :/ gta 4s cars felt better some how the cars just feel to tight or something its waaaay better than sleepy dogs and a million times better than staints row but different. but most of the cars just feel to similar

anyone have the DF link??

plainr_

It's GAF man...

I play games on a high end PC, and still think the game is impressive.

Don't get me wrong the game is mighty impressive technically. The jaggies are really my only gripe so far but considering the hardware I can get past that and see what fine game this is.

oxidax

I haven't compared it to anything. Only my 20 years of playing video games. And plenty of open world games on both consoles and PC. The pop in hasn't been that noticeable to me, at all, and I have been mostly a PC gamer since 2011.

I think some people just love to nitpick stuff. I'm gonna enjoy the game, you guys talk about IQ all you want.

Glad that ure telling me this. Now i can wait till ti downloads in peace lol

The PSN version is running great for me, just like the streams. The framerate is 10 million bajillion times better than Gta IV, which I played just a few days ago (felt like it was perpetually 18fps).

Derrick01

Banned
Of course the asshole near me who's always blasting music at night is doing it now when I'm ready to enjoy one of the only games I actually get excited to play.

What boggles my mind even more is some of the people complaining are people who game on consoles.

They are making it sound like this is something new, like something they have never seen before, when all console games have jaggies, muddy textures etc. GTA V is no different. :D

Nod.

GTAIV with ENB will more than likely look better than GTAV on the PS4. If you expect consoles to delivery PC quality images and frame-rates you're in for a bad time.

Putty

Given the age of these machines (playing on PS3) I think R* have done an outstanding job! Going from GTA4 to this the difference (again from PS3 version) is night and day! The lighting is just out of this world! From the first moment in the snow, the early morning look...I just knew they had it. Framerate is more than playable IMO, and again a step up from GTA4. Jaggies so what, given the amount of detail i can absolutely live with it. Driving mechanics are much better. Modelling overall is just so much better and more defined. Texture detail has increased by a substantial amount. Overall it plays and feels highly polished!

If a PC/PS4 version lands next year then 110% i will pick it straight up. 1080p, increased texture resolution, superior AA, AF, increased shadow resolution. It will be a glorious sight!

Fedele

I think some people just love to nitpick stuff. I'm gonna enjoy the game, you guys talk about IQ all you want.

This. I can't even count how many games with bad graphics I've really enjoyed throughout the years. To mention a few: Animal Crossing, Counter Strikes (years after, that is), other GTAs too, etc etc.

Just 2.5h more hours, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom