• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarus

I wish I could make a thread for all the terrible parents on Twitter this morning.

EeYMgGq.png

6fb7610cd6c31b3ef2346866bb954fbe.jpeg

Don't act like you, and the majority of GAF, if you were kids gaming during this gen would just play games "appropriate" for your age range.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why is every hedge in this game seemingly made out of concrete? I know it's always been that way in these games, but it's still weird. I would think that when a car and a hedge meet, the car wins. But nope, not in this game!

Ensirius

The cop system reminds me of the beginning of the movie Drive.

First thing I thought of when I pulled over on a dark alley watching police cars drive by without noticing me.

Best. Game. Ever.

I've now gotten used to the small dips in fps. This game. I'm so glad I bought a ps3 just for this game alone.

First thing I thought of when I pulled over on a dark alley watching police cars drive by without noticing me.

Best. Game. Ever.

I've now gotten used to the small dips in fps. This game. I'm so glad I bought a ps3 just for this game alone.

Did you not have any HD consoles before this? just curious

That's incorrect, as is shown in the DF video they use for comparison, overall the 360 version has a better framerate but the dips are more pronounced on the 360 than on the PS3.

Huh?

Digital Foundry said:
The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way.

Overall the PS3 puts out the lower frame-rate for synchronised in-engine cut-scenes, typically by a matter of two frames-per-second and rarely much more.

Well, let's be real here. I think most had our expectations set that the reveal trailers were not going to be what we were going to play. If a person thought they'd look like those, then they have ignored every open world game ever made.

I liken it to fast food commercials.

Man that burger looked awesome on TV. Then when you go and get it- it looks a little (or sometimes very) sloppy and not at all advertised.

Video games are the same way. Take it with a grain of salt. Of course they are going to be marketed and shown in their best light.

The key is to temper expectations so you can still enjoy that sloppy burger.

How's the core traversal this time around? Does it still feel like your character is walking/running through molasses? Did they change up the melee system or is it more of the same?

Hope it's awesome! :)

ShogunX

Yeah, i played mature video games and watched violent films from a young age. Now i'm a right cunt, and i go round beating up and murdering folk.

Wait, no i don't.

Can you prove it? Can you prove that GTA hasn't given you an insatiable lust for killing?

On a serious note this judging of parents is getting ridiculous. We are on a gaming forum not net mums.

Does not sound like Rockstar anticipated on the amount of people using the iFruit app. I can not login the damn thing for hours, and I want to use my license plate!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the biggest complaint I have right now is I sometimes find it hard to see the aiming dot. Anyone else get this or is it just me?

d00d3n

A question for anyone with the 360 or disc PS3 version of GTA V (and please excuse the horrible video quality of my iphone video, filming the psn version):

Do you get this kind of pop in of cars in your game? Obviously the pop in is quite far away here, but it is difficult (only two hands) to catch on video the dynamic pop in that happens very frequently when I drive fast, especially of street lights, road signs and big cars.

pixelpushr

Neo Member
Okay, so I'm using the Pulse Elite Headset with the GTAV profile but it seems like Bass Impact is completely disabled. Am I the only one experiencing this? I move the slider and nothing changes.

I liken it to fast food commercials.

Man that burger looked awesome on TV. Then when you go and get it- it looks a little (or sometimes very) sloppy and not at all advertised.

Video games are the same way. Take it with a grain of salt. Of course they are going to be marketed and shown in their best light.

The key is to temper expectations so you can still enjoy that sloppy burger.

The difference is that the burger commercial doesn't go out if it's way to tell you that your burger will look exactly like it does in the commercial. Rockstar, however, told people that the game shown in the gameplay reveal trailer WAS the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom