• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a couple missions, cruised around, awesome.
Tennis is AWFUL though, almost couldn't believe it.
I hope the other activities are way better.

Hmmm I'm really surprised by that. Reasons:

- Rockstar made Table Tennis, one of the best "tennis" games ever.. so good
- IGN said that it's "basically Top Spin inside of GTA..."

Bahahaha I hope that IGN hyperbole comes back to them for that one.

Found this on FB. For more future GAF posts. (If you guys haven't seen it already.)

5SEDHeN.gif

red731

I contacted amazon and they said I gotta wait until 7PM :(
They'll probably just say they are sorry and that's it but I'm not going to use them for a while.

Yeah. 7pm, whoa. You'll pull through man.
I think there was a chance for me to play the game even today, but I haven't thought about that option - let the shop I ordered it from transfer the package on this date to their smaller shop in the town near me. Welp.
We will get our chance while its still hot ;)

Derrick01

Banned
Haha I'm just running around punching the shit out of people. Love these euphoria physics.

Cops came after me so I tried to jump over some fences behind people's houses and I just kind of flopped over one of them :lol

I'm gonna play after work, I was just curious as to how escaping from cops works here. I didn't see the GTA IV perimeter on the minimap on the footage I saw.

Spoilers just in case:
I haven't fully worked it out yet, but it's based on police line of sight. Once you break line of sight with the cops chasing you you'll be able to see MGS-style vision cones for all the cops on your radar, and you just have to stay out of them until the wanted level goes away. It takes a while, though, much longer than any other GTA, but if you ditch your car and find a new one (without being seen, of course) you can drive right through those vision cones fearlessly because they won't know to look for you. I think it's pretty great.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Is taxi/paramedic/firefighter/vigilante back in? I used to always chip away at those to learn the map before getting too far into the missions.

NeoGaffer

Neo Member
Postmen/women are lazy these days, not delivering till late morning/afternoon. Went to work, and then went all the way home at lunch time just to install the game and have it ready for when I got home. My PS3 is on now burning its way through GTAV without me. When I got home at lunch, there it was, just wedged in through the letterbox. Anyone could have pulled it out from the letterbox from the outside. Almost done with shitty work. The waits almost over.

squadr0n

Non story spoilers here

Has anyone found
where the secret message on the back of the map leads too?
. Any pics? Is it stupid?

I gotta say, the repetitive irascible exclamations are overdone beyond the point of comedy. I don't give a shit about swearing, but there are moments here where I just wish these guys would shut up for more than 2 seconds. It's like they just sampled a five year old feverishly clicking a Pulp Fiction soundboard.

I'm quite pleased that's about the biggest issue I have with the game so far.

Pachimari

Anyone know how to upload the in-game photos to Facebook?

Also, didn't Rockstar say the phone would have like 5 interesting apps?

Right now we got the basics SMS, Email, Internet, Contacts, Settings and such.

Wilbur

Banned
This is disappointing. It was embarrassingly easy to get away in GTAIV. 6 Stars was KIND of difficult. But nothing difficult.

On the flip side the police are very aggressive, no hesitation in ramming the living fuck out of yor car.

I'm loving it so far. Two story missions played in about 5 hours, got my stubble and my nice half fro. No clothes shops on the map though as of yet, wanna try and find some.

Had a great moment by a little town side of Chiliad, two mariachis looking at a map on the bonnet of their car, I go to jack their low rider - complete with two guitars in the back - and it won't start because it's a piece of shit :lol. So they drag me out and I pull some cool Arkham City switch hitting between the two, drive off. Was just top.

To be honest that looks damn fine for 6 year old hardware.
Better then any other open-world game on consoles by a big margin

That's all well and good, but Rockstar still lied to everyone by saying that the gameplay trailer was PS3 footage. Regardless of the game still looking amazing, I'm not okay with Rockstar bullshitting everyone.

eso76

I'm in awe.
It's a shame most people will just race from a to b, because WALKING everywhere is what the game is about :p
The environment is breath taking, it's like being there, also thanks to the *best lighting* and best ambient sound fx ever.

Haha I'm just running around punching the shit out of people. Love these euphoria physics.

Cops came after me so I tried to jump over some fences behind people's houses and I just kind of flopped over one of them :lol

I started off climbing buildings last night. Then I spent 20 minutes beating the shit out of everyone holding a Starbucks.

Wow, driving up and jumping from big hills is the most fun thing ever :D First thing I tried after the intro.

Also, I hit a deer, wasn't trying too, it was just there. Oh and don't try getting out of a car when driving next to a train, you can't get on it and take it over. I learnt that the hard way.

I have a feeling this game will live up to what GTA4 was in my mind before playing it.

vilmer_

Good lord the pop-in is horrendous. The first driving mission at high speeds the roads were white right in front of me on a few occasions before the textures suddenly appeared last minute. This is on the PSN version.

I'm in awe.
It's a shame most people will just race from a to b, because WALKING everywhere is what the game is about :p
The environment is breath taking, it's like being there, also thanks to the *best lighting* and best ambient sound fx ever.

Yeah I have barely driven except in missions.

I walked from the beginning safe house all the way to the beach, enjoyed every second of it. Climbing stuff is fun too. And .. well ... nothing is as fun as running and jumping off high buildings, just to watch what happens on the way down lol. You just never know.

You can tackle people to, just run and jump into them. The bodies collide in a more realistic manner heh, makes for some easy entertainment. Talking to folks as they pass by, watching the randomness of the environment. Seeing people ram into each other, fight in the streets, cop chases flying down the road, buses doing their thing, taxi's picking people up, people getting drunk on the sidewalk, the list goes on.

Heimbeck

Banned
Yeah. 7pm, whoa. You'll pull through man.
I think there was a chance for me to play the game even today, but I haven't thought about that option - let the shop I ordered it from transfer the package on this date to their smaller shop in the town near me. Welp.
We will get our chance while its still hot ;)

Yeah after wednesday I'm off so I should have four days of non-stop playing, that might be best because playing it and then doing nothing useful all day won't be great :)

red731

Yeah after wednesday I'm off so I should have four days of non-stop playing, that might be best because playing it and then doing nothing useful all day won't be great :)

Tell me about it. I will stack up on food and won't come out for days :D
I wonder if the stublbe I have now changes into full grown beard from all that nonstop swearning
KuGsj.gif

Addnan

I wish I could make a thread for all the terrible parents on Twitter this morning.

EeYMgGq.png

6fb7610cd6c31b3ef2346866bb954fbe.jpeg

Damn, guess I shouldn't have played all those games when I was young. My little brother is sitting next to me playing GTAV right now lol, oh well. At the end of the day it is up to their parents what they want their kids to consume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom