• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I managed to climb up to a roof of a decent sized building and got a great look at the city. I don't know how Rockstar's doing this on a PS3.

Just got the game, but now my PS3 won't accept any discs for some reason...

funny-gifs-getting-angry.gif

As terrible as I feel for you, that GIF is freaking hilarious

Does anyone else have problems with Social Club?

I started up the Xbox again after a short break and all customisation I've done is gone and I can't access the zeppelin. And because I can't access the iFruit app, I guess that has something to do with not being able to connect to Social Club? That sucks.

SRTtoZ

Millions of people, myself included, played GTA and other games of equal mature content at a very young age.

Turned out fine.

Why not let the parents decide what their kids can handle?

Bingo. I was playing Mortal Kombat and watching R movies as a child and I havent attacked anyone or went on any postal rampages. Let parents be parents please.

Just played a round of golf, it's surprisingly good. I didn't have a great score though. Anyone know if there's a basketball mini-game? I remember San Andreas had one or at least let you shoot around on your court.

Agreed. Going on ugh seven hours that my copy has been out for delivery. I could have easily dropped by Wal-Mart or Target and be playing right now.

Maybe it's just where I live, but my Amazon shipments are typically "out for delivery" for around 8 hours before they arrive. They get set to that status around 6-7 in the morning and arrive around 3 in the afternoon. The facility is almost an hour away though, so it's a long delivery route. (I blame me living out in the boonies)

Mine has been "out for delivery" since 6:39 am. It's 12:30 pm and I'm still waiting.

ironcreed

Banned
I managed to climb up to a roof of a decent sized building and got a great look at the city. I don't know how Rockstar's doing this on a PS3.

That is what I'm saying. Considering the age of the hardware, we are fortunate that it is as good as it is. Anyway, you reminded me. I need to get to the Vinewood sign at night. I saw that view in a stream and it is pretty breathtaking.

God, all these people critiquing the social and political aspects of the game when they have no intention of playing, or even learning about, the fucking thing. Henceforth, there's only one opinion on GTA V that I care about: mine. That is, until I review it, hopefully in a few days.

So far? Great, easily worth a buy, but not as good as SRIV, a game I was already accused of underrating at 8/10. My, the comments I'll probably get at this rate.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
God, all these people critiquing the social and political aspects of the game when they have no intention of playing, or even learning about, the fucking thing. Henceforth, there's only one opinion on GTA V that I care about: mine. That is, until I review it, hopefully in a few days.

So far? Great, easily worth a buy, but not as good as SRIV, a game I was already accused of underrating at 8/10. My, the comments I'll probably get at this rate.

iZEkCU9O4ZEoT.gif

Vooduu

photo.jpg

Derrick01

Banned

I've put about an hour into the game just dickin around and doing non mission stuff and I've already had more fun than SR4. That game was so cheap looking and lifeless, not to mention the missions sucked something awful.

Woo-Fu

Banned
City is great, traffic is really good, gunplay is typically weak gta style. Voice acting top notch, story fine so far, characters good. Locked up the 360 an hour and a half into the game, UHOH.

Pulled an all-nighter and clocked about 10 hours. Haven't done that since San Andreas and honestly I didn't think I was capable of it anymore.

Any tips on where to find a chopper early on?

Karak

A question for anyone with the 360 or disc PS3 version of GTA V (and please excuse the horrible video quality of my iphone video, filming the psn version):

Do you get this kind of pop in of cars in your game? Obviously the pop in is quite far away here, but it is difficult (only two hands) to catch on video the dynamic pop in that happens very frequently when I drive fast, especially of street lights, road signs and big cars.

No not even close:(

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
The lighting is amazing.

Especially at night, when there are lights everywhere.

Absolutely. I just finished a night bombing raid with Trevor... it was like The Dam Busters with hillbilly music. The night time scenery & lighting from the air is completely amazing. As my last bomb hit its target the sun was coming up over the horizon as I flew along the coast back to the airfield. Epic moment. I love this game.

The flight model is rock solid.

max_505

I like the fact that you can save photos from your cellphone now, but it's irritating to have to be online and connected to the Social Club just to be able to save it.

Loving the game. Only thing I wish was included was the ability to let your partner drive for you from mission to mission like in LA Noire. I also really loved the option in Red Dead to take a coach to your next checkpoint in real time.

I would have paid the price of admission for FlyLo FM. IMO, best GTA station ever!

Le-mo

It's getting harder to resist not buying this game. The last game I bought full price was Diablo 3 but I made the majority of that back on the AH. Decisions.

Maybe it's just where I live, but my Amazon shipments are typically "out for delivery" for around 8 hours before they arrive. They get set to that status around 6-7 in the morning and arrive around 3 in the afternoon. The facility is almost an hour away though, so it's a long delivery route. (I blame me living out in the boonies)

Mine has been "out for delivery" since 6:39 am. It's 12:30 pm and I'm still waiting.

Same here, usually the drivers deliver to businesses first on their daily route then do the residential deliveries. Even if you have overnight shipping the service Amazon uses is NOT AM delivery, just standard overnight so they are usually delivered between 2-5pm in most cases I have found in my experience.

Why I took tomorrow off from work instead of today, as I have been burned before playing the waiting game on my shipment for it only to arrive after 3pm, thus a day off wasted.

Looking forward to playin all night and all day tomorrow! Woo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom