• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapiozona

Banned
game is too ambitious IMO

tried both ps3 and xbox 360 versions, both look identical to me (the DF ground texture issue is irrelevant to me since both have poor IQ and framerate)

an amazing achievement on current gen, the world detail is stunning. but if you need 30fps+ wait for the PC and next gen

So you post a comment, no one responds, and then you decide to make a whole new thread just to showcase this comment (which of course gets locked). Need attention much?

Let us salute our PS3s. They have done us proud.

my reaction when my PS3 didn't brick upon hitting play

MWgZnby.gif

Gav

My shopto order hasn't arrived. After the day I've had, you have no idea how much i was looking forward to playing.

Annoyed.

Just played my first game of tennis. It's no Virtua Tennis, but it's definitely an enjoyable pastime.

how do the mechanics work?

also, can I do this stuff without doing story missions?

I wanted to do all this regular, non violent stuff before doing the story missions if possible

So far, the dialog in SR4 is a lot better than this. That's about it, and I'm a SR3/4 cheerleader.

SR4 was as good of a sandbox as 3 and had better, funnier missions than 3, but 5 minutes just looking at the horizon and beating up pedestrians in this and you realize what a complete failure SR4 is as a world.

I've put in a few hours. Spent a bunch of time just driving through the countryside and enjoying the gigantic scope of the world. Seems like there's loads of stuff to do both structured and unstructured, and the variety of the story missions I've played so far has been good - I'm glad that it's not just me being a menial errandboy, which annoyed me in RDR. I think I'll have a lot of fun with this!

lesson learned.

I guess people are ok with low quality IQ and framerate = 98/100

What?

Scores typically take into count the consoles they are released on. Do you get to rate a game on 3DS or Vita low simply because the IQ/Frame-rate are low? Nope. You rate them based on the hardware they are on. I thought this was a rather standard concept.

Same here, usually the drivers deliver to businesses first on their daily route then do the residential deliveries. Even if you have overnight shipping the service Amazon uses is NOT AM delivery, just standard overnight so they are usually delivered between 2-5pm in most cases I have found in my experience.

Why I took tomorrow off from work instead of today, as I have been burned before playing the waiting game on my shipment for it only to arrive after 3pm, thus a day off wasted.

Looking forward to playin all night and all day tomorrow! Woo hoo!

On the other hand, I lived in Phoenix, AZ during college. Right in the middle of the city. I could order something on Amazon in the early afternoon, choose 5-7 day shipping, and get it the next day usually. There must have been a warehouse there.

malfcn

BBY exchanged my busted copy no problem. But then I stretched some of the shrink taking off that side sticker. There goes a perfect box. At least it isn't broken though.

Out for delivery since 6 AM, still no updates on the UPS website. Just have to tough it out at work today. I can't even concentrate on all these bugfixes I have to do for work /firstworldproblems

Ok, I started downloading at around 12:30am this morning and it completed downloading around 12:00PM today. PSN version install took 41 minutes and 42 seconds(41:42:50) to install the game (18GB). Now time to time the 8GB install.

EDIT: Guess there isnt a 8GB install on the PSN version. Cool.

What?

Scores typically take into count the consoles they are released on. Do you get to rate a game on 3DS or Vita low simply because the IQ/Frame-rate are low? Nope. You rate them based on the hardware they are on. I thought this was a rather standard concept.

well dark arisen is a good example

they cut down draw distance to get a good FPS vs dragon dogma

Lyonaz

I got my man Franklin a hair cut and let him grow a full spartan beard, he looked like a bald hobo. Found a stripclub called Vanilla Unicorn with Horny Girls and liberally tossed dollars and made it rain for my french girl FuFu, got a lapdance from Sapphire, filled like half the Like Sapphire bar, flirted, touched her and got kicked out.

I'm broke now and apparently my car got impounded by the police. I REGRET NOTHING!!!

MCN

Banned
I got my man Franklin a hair cut and let him grow a full spartan beard, he looked like a bald hobo. Found a stripclub called Vanilla Unicorn with Horny Girls and liberally tossed dollars and made it rain for my french girl FuFu, got a lapdance from Sapphire, filled like half the Like Sapphire bar, flirted, touched her and got kicked out.

I'm broke now and apparently my car got impounded by the police. I REGRET NOTHING!!!

Living the Los Santos dream!

Shadybiz

Started the day not really excited for the game. Then, I started reading more and more about it, and got more excited.

At lunch, I walked into Best Buy, and they had just one PS3 copy still on the display stand. Snatched that up quick, paid, and left. Now I just have to wait until tonight to play it.

I am a weak, weak man. And fortunate, I guess.

SRTtoZ

Omg so much to do. Its amazing how I can take out my phone and browse all the internet sites, I gotta check out some of these places.

Also, does anyone know how to hail down a taxi?

Started the day not really excited for the game. Then, I started reading more and more about it, and got more excited.

At lunch, I walked into Best Buy, and they had just one PS3 copy still on the display stand. Snatched that up quick, paid, and left. Now I just have to wait until tonight to play it.

I am a weak, weak man. And fortunate, I guess.

you wont regret it. My 3 hours of game time so far has shown me 1 thing.

It is alot better and bigger then GTAIV with a ton more to do and the physics are awesome.

SJRB

Gold Member
Some asshole somewhere up Mount Chiliad called the cops because I was standing too close to him. The whole event kind of blew my mind, he warned me two times, said "well then the cops will have to sort this out", grabbed his phone and actually called the cops. After that he bolted.

Needless to say I shot him in the leg, after which he stumbled and fell down the mountain. That should teach him, that fucker.

The random stuff in this game is amazing.

cdkee

Banned
10:00AM at work...counting down the seconds. Holy ballsnajsjdhwjahavahwhduduabassdf I need to play this. At least I take solace in the fact that my copy hasn't been delivered yet.

On the other hand, I lived in Phoenix, AZ during college. Right in the middle of the city. I could order something on Amazon in the early afternoon, choose 5-7 day shipping, and get it the next day usually. There must have been a warehouse there.

Yeah you must have had a hub / warehouse close to you, I get things quickly too sometimes depending on what the item is so I think there is one close to me also.

I am in Central Ohio, and live close to a few businesses. My standard delivery time is between 2pm and sometimes as late as 7pm.

UPS says between 2:30 and 5:30 today per MyUPS notification.

Regardless mine should be there when I get off work today. I hope the rest of you get your copy soon.

Karak

Have played a few hours and still haven't unlocked all the characters. This game is huge.

Oh ya that will usually take a lot longer than a few hours.

Omg so much to do. Its amazing how I can take out my phone and browse all the internet sites, I gotta check out some of these places.

Also, does anyone know how to hail down a taxi?
If it isn't in your phone contacts. Jump into one(dont steal it) and it should add it to your phone.

Some asshole somewhere up Mount Chiliad called the cops because I was standing too close to him. The whole event kind of blew my mind, he warned me two times, said "well then the cops will have to sort this out", grabbed his phone and actually called the cops. After that he bolted.

Needless to say I shot him in the leg, after which he stumbled and fell down the mountain. That should teach him, that fucker.

The random stuff in this game is amazing.

So, he warned you twice and said he'd get the cops on you.
He gets the cops on you and you proceed to shoot him, causing him to fall down the mountain?

Lol, I'm staying the fuck away from you ;p

beanman25

Love that Taxi jobs are good on this. Have spent the last hour just driving people to their destination while listening to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom