• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

I went to Wal-Mart first this morning and... to my surprise, I didn't see a copy of GTAV anywhere on the shelves (not even any reserve cards). I also didn't see W101 on the shelves either (nor any price tag spot for it).

So, I decided to head over the Gamestop near it and lo and behold they were putting up several copies of the game as I was coming in. They must've had hundreds and hundreds of copies... it was nuts. Anyway, I bought it and as I was buying it, I was told that there were over 600 reserves for it... Wow. It's surprising because I'm not in a major city, I'm in a suburb. I'll honestly be surprised if all their stock is actually gone through today.

I also picked up W101 from there which was stored away in a drawer behind the counter.

Suffice to say I'm excited to start playing it sometime today but I'm not sure when I will be able to. I have to do a lot of college work today so... I might not be able to get to it until tomorrow or something. :(

Septimius

So, does the iFruit app work for anyone? I can't log into my Social Club account. Nor can I find anywhere in the game to log into my Social Club account? I'm not far at all in the story.

kick51

Banned
Me thinking to myself: "Usually Rockstar is pretty good at capturing the zeitgeist"

Game: "...and he spends all his time smokin' weed, jackin' off, and playing video games!"

When looking at leaderboards and anything related to the social club it says my profile does not have the correct permissions to access xbox live functionality, will this be because I'm only an xbox live silver member?

me right now at work after last night

tumblr_mddci9qK391rjewmeo1_500.gif

MCN

Banned
When looking at leaderboards and anything related to the social club it says my profile does not have the correct permissions to access xbox live functionality, will this be because I'm only an xbox live silver member?

Sounds like it. With Silver, you can't do ANYTHING decent.

Joelio13

The only thing that really annoys me so far is when a wall looks like it can be scaled and you jump straight into the wall and get knocked out. Just a minor complaint.

nib95

Banned
Definitely enjoying the game, but can't shake the feeling that a few hours in and I haven't really seen or done anything I haven't done before in the last few GTA's. Same formula down to a t, only now with more characters and better visuals. Also finding the UI, menu legibility etc rather annoying. Still, no major opinions yet, I guess in GTA terms I've barely scratched the surface.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Cross post from the community thread

WhatRobEats said:
I have the social club up in one window and the spreadsheet up in another.

I'm looking at the social club 'muscle' list and searching the spreadsheet for the social club name. If I can't find the social club name you get booted. Please make sure that the social club name you listed on the sheet is on the sheet and spelled correctly.

Talk to you all in a few days after I get done with the story mode. Still waiting on UPS but I'm also still working so it's not as excruciating as I thought it would be.

painey

Gunna head out to class in 20 minutes. If GTA5 is in the mailbox I'm turning right around and playing, if not, I'm off to class where I will wait painfully

SJRB

Gold Member
So, he warned you twice and said he'd get the cops on you.
He gets the cops on you and you proceed to shoot him, causing him to fall down the mountain?

Lol, I'm staying the fuck away from you ;p

..well if you put it like that I guess that was kind of a dick move of mine haha.

Zee-Row

Banned
Damn it , I preordered the GTAV PS3 bundle on newegg a few months back and now i'm checking to see its status and its sold out. They never should of taken my preorder if they didnt have enough. I'm about to cancel and just get it at Best Buy instead.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Arrived home from work. GTA V in the mailbox. Amazon.co.uk delivered as scheduled.

Right, time to install!

newsguy

So is there a way to activate hydraulics on the low riders in this one or not? L3 +R3 is just Franklin's special ability activation.

Huh... San Andreas reference/easter egg? Is that a
Madd Dogg poster
in Franklin's house?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is, there's also a building dedicated to
BJ Smith, the american footballer/owner of Sunshine Autos in Vice City

--

Enjoying the game so far, the first heist was a massive highlight of the game. I saw it played a couple days ago and then I did it myself with a different crew and it's cool to see how many variables there are and unique dialogue.

I had to give it a break to you know, sleep etc but I'm looking forward to jumping back in. Just upgrading my PS3 HDD and then I'll be on it again.

Also, anyone know a way of getting out of the car without turning the engine off? I wanted to take a pic of my new car with its Xenon lights, but they turn off as soon as they get out :( I liked it in IV where press the button keeps the engine on, hold the button turns it off.

Firehead

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is, there's also a building dedicated to
BJ Smith, the american footballer/owner of Sunshine Autos in Vice City

--

Enjoying the game so far, the first heist was a massive highlight of the game. I saw it played a couple days ago and then I did it myself with a different crew and it's cool to see how many variables there are and unique dialogue.

I had to give it a break to you know, sleep etc but I'm looking forward to jumping back in. Just upgrading my PS3 HDD and then I'll be on it again.

Well, that is just fabulous. I'm loving this game so far. Welcome back to San Andreas!

Eusis

I wish I could make a thread for all the terrible parents on Twitter this morning.

EeYMgGq.png

6fb7610cd6c31b3ef2346866bb954fbe.jpeg
Honestly the tweets specifically come off as the more obnoxious to me, not merely the fact he got GTAV.
Okay, so I'm using the Pulse Elite Headset with the GTAV profile but it seems like Bass Impact is completely disabled. Am I the only one experiencing this? I move the slider and nothing changes.
Same here. Maybe it's just really subtle or for very specific instances, but I am curious if that's intended or if something went awry.

Pachimari

I were surprised to see people bonfire at the beach at night, what a nice atmosphere.

But can I only interact with people by pressing the right dpad? Because nobody seem to like
me. They always get angry.

Apparently I did something at the beach which made the whole group walk away from the bonfire and to the water were they walked along the sand.

So just wondering about GTA Online...I'm hoping they have the capacity to allow everyone in when it launches on Oct 1st. Does Social Club affect that as well?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I am very sad to find that there are no Custom Tracks in this game. I have a lot of good music that would fit will in this game. Though I do route my PS3 audio through my PC so I can always just play it from there and it will come out of the same speakers, but it's just not the same.

Zafir

Is the pre-order DLC inside the box? If so is there any way to tell you have it without opening the box to verify?

(UK copy more specifically)

Septimius

Ok, I managed to figure out that I had to link my Social Club account to my PSN account.

Anyone managed to get iFruit working? Just get an error-message when trying to sign in.

Also, my pre-order bonus code didn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom