• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Is it crazy that I want to buy a PS3 bundle+Monitor to play GTA5? Please tell me I'm crazy. I was watching Towelie stream it and it looks sooo good.

Omni

I dunno if it's just because I'm early on in the game, but the map feels so... empty... outside of the city. Especially the mountains which are pretty much completely barren.

Early impressions are that R* bit off more than they can chew making the map that big.

NyMartin

Banned
just got my copy, can anyone with a ps3 version confirm if the back of their game is in spanish or not. Mine is and I'm wondering if I should return it.
126bouu.jpg

Covfan

I were surprised to see people bonfire at the beach at night, what a nice atmosphere.

But can I only interact with people by pressing the right dpad? Because nobody seem to like
me. They always get angry.

Apparently I did something at the beach which made the whole group walk away from the bonfire and to the water were they walked along the sand.

I managed to get into a fight with one of them and accidentally ran into the fire and caught flames, that seemed to scare them and they all scampered away..

MCN

Banned
Is the pre-order DLC inside the box? If so is there any way to tell you have it without opening the box to verify?

(UK copy more specifically)

It's in all early copies.

I managed to get into a fight with one of them and accidentally ran into the fire and caught flames, that seemed to scare them and they all scampered away..

I did the same thing. And then I burned to death.

dalVlatko

lol, I just started the game and it prompted me to get a haircut so I decided to try out how much customization there was and went to the spot on the mini map.

I parked my car in front of the shop and start walking towards it when a guy in front of the door shoves me and says something like "Ballas only, bitch!"

Franklin gets up and I just press a random button to figure out the melee controls and he does a HUGE uppercut that knocks the guy out. I causally walk in and cut my hair and walk back out the guy is still laying on the ground motionless.

Its little moments like that make me appreciate GTA

My only complaint so far (and I had the same complaint in IV) is that the camera angles for driving are too low. I always have to push the right stick stick down slightly to get a good angle. I wish there was a way to customized it. Its awesome how it parks your last used car for you though.

jrcbandit

How does one make money? I seem to be perpetually broke buying new weapons + mods, modding cars, etc that I don't have enough to buy any properties. Only 1 of my 3 characters has a decent amount of $ still ($200k+). Almost none of the story line missions seem to give money payouts or only minor amounts for Franklin.

Also, I did purchase 1 property for $150k with T and I got a single "weekly" payout of $20k once, and never got anything since. What's up with that? It is the
airfield where you can fly missions to drop weapons off or pick up a weapon drop by driving in a buggy. Does doing the buggy missions unlock anything? It always mentions a weapon upon completion but I already owned those weapons anyway as they were just the basic starting ones

Oh yeah, the Impound service is rather unreliable. I fully modified a Ferrari and it kept appearing at my safehouse/in missions or the impound lot for Michael, but many missions later it totally disappeared never to be seen since.

So I've been playing for nearly 10 hours and I just unlocked
Trevor
damn this is fucking awesome.

I have two problems with it, getting gold on missions is haard and I really hate those missions with the Tow truck.

Moobabe

Just started having audio issues around about the first
heist mission
anyone else in a similar boat? PS3 version here.

Also -
can you play and do heists whenever you want? Or are they pre-determined by story? The planning element seems really cool

I know that this is probably nitpicky as hell, but the thing bugging me most about GTA V is that your ONLY option is to be as ignorant and as criminal as HELL. I'm walking around as Franklin, and the three things that are really messing with my enjoyment are:

1. Why is my ONLY option (other than ignoring people) to fight when I'm walking past NPCs? There have been a few times when I'm walking and people say, "What's up, Franklin!". I hit every button looking for something other than RUN and FIGHT. What if i just want to give somebody the fist bump, or just say hey! Seriously. Can't there be a button - especially when somebody starts fighting you for no reason - that lets you throw up your hands like, "Be cool, man. it's all good. My bad" or something. The minute you bump into somebody it's either they're scared of you, or everybody's ready to fight. I really don't like that. I wish they'd give a few 'props' points or something when you go out of your way to be cool. Maybe respect points or something. If the fight is unavoidable, bring it, but Rockstar goes out of it's way to make the world so 'realistic', only to have everyone be so damned crazy. It just bugs me.

2. The world is detailed and gorgeous as hell, but sometimes I just want to sit at the bus stop bench and just look at stuff. Look at the A.I. routines and just kick back for a second before I go do whatever insane mission the game demands. That's totally impossible in this game. There really is no actual sit button in the world unless i'm at the house. Sometimes in Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, I'd just sit at the bench and soak in the world, and that had FAR less going on.

3. I know that it's GTA, but I really don't feel like stealing cars ALL the time. I don't play GTA like, perhaps, most people do. I don't enjoy just running down the street causing mayhem. Yeah, I steal cars when i have to, but if I'm able to just go back to my garage and use my car most of the time, I will unless it's VERY inconvenient. I wish that with the cash you accumulate, if you feel like it, you could actually BUY a car at a dealership sometimes. Just an option.

4. Responding to my text messages with Taneisha, and the game implies that you have options about what you can respond. I haven't seen ANY other options other than the one sentence provided. Perhaps I'm looking for a LITTLE more rpg in this, but even if i have to come to the same outcome, I don't want to always say what they're asking me to say HOW they want me to say it. A little more Walking Dead/Mass Effect in this would've helped greatly with the immersion.

I think what's bugging me is that as open-world as this game is, they want me to BEHAVE in a very specific way, which is really unfortunate. I don't want Franklin, for example, to be COMPLETE THUG when i don't have to. Just me.

Last night after a mission I took Franklin to a barbershop to get a haircut and it was being ROBBED I was prompted to get on the floor while two guys made it out with the cash and I tried to pursue but they had burnt off already. Moments like these make this game soooooooo good.

Muffdraul

On one hand I'm stuck here at work and won't be able to play for almost 7 more hours.

On the other hand I'm staring at my UPS tracking info screen showing that my copy was delivered to the mail room an hour ago and I'm going nuts wondering why the mail guy hasn't brought it to me yet hes usually here by 10AM HURRY UP MOTHERFUCKER AAAAHHHHH

aidan444

Banned
So I'm pretty sure GTA V just broke my PS3 disc drive. Happily doing a mission until it starts freezing/hanging, so I reboot and now I can't eject the disc, it won't read the disc either... Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how I could possibly fix it? PS3 250GB slim also.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
2. The world is detailed and gorgeous as hell, but sometimes I just want to sit at the bus stop bench and just look at stuff. Look at the A.I. routines and just kick back for a second before I go do whatever insane mission the game demands. That's totally impossible in this game. There really is no actual sit button in the world unless i'm at the house. Sometimes in Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, I'd just sit at the bench and soak in the world, and that had FAR less going on.
It's not a 'sit down' button, but (like i said a few posts back) if you stand still and wait about 1 minute (or less) the camera will go first person and look around.

God, all these people critiquing the social and political aspects of the game when they have no intention of playing, or even learning about, the fucking thing. Henceforth, there's only one opinion on GTA V that I care about: mine. That is, until I review it, hopefully in a few days.

So far? Great, easily worth a buy, but not as good as SRIV, a game I was already accused of underrating at 8/10. My, the comments I'll probably get at this rate.

insane post

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So I just complete the Michael mission where
you trip fucking BALLS
that was an insane mission, it got fucking weird.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
This game man! Wow lol. I was standing in the middle of the road blocking traffic, then a lady yelled out "I don't have time for this shit,"and ran me over. She stopped, looked and said "Oh shit, are you dead?" Lol when she seen me get up she yelled out "Ok, good", and drove off lol

njean777

To all the people that complained about the swearing, I have to say that if you look at black gangster culture they typically do swear a lot in every day conversation. I know a big part of this game has to do with Franklin and the culture that surrounds him, so of course their is going to be sexist remarks and a lot of swearing. You have to remember that is how the urban/gangster culture operates and if R* would have censored it, it wouldn't feel authentic. Just felt like I had to get that out as I have been banned for the last two weeks and could not respond to the other threads at all. Sorry if this doesnt belong here.

As for the game itself I have only gotten to play the first two missions and so far even from those I already like it better then 4. The driving is improved so much compared to 4. That is pretty much all I got so far until I get home from school and get to play the game more.

LkPr

I know that this is probably nitpicky as hell, but the thing bugging me most about GTA V is that your ONLY option is to be as ignorant and as criminal as HELL. I'm walking around as Franklin, and the three things that are really messing with my enjoyment are:

1. Why is my ONLY option (other than ignoring people) to fight when I'm walking past NPCs? There have been a few times when I'm walking and people say, "What's up, Franklin!". I hit every button looking for something other than RUN and FIGHT. What if i just want to give somebody the fist bump, or just say hey! Seriously. Can't there be a button - especially when somebody starts fighting you for no reason - that lets you throw up your hands like, "Be cool, man. it's all good. My bad" or something. The minute you bump into somebody it's either they're scared of you, or everybody's ready to fight. I really don't like that. I wish they'd give a few 'props' points or something when you go out of your way to be cool. Maybe respect points or something. If the fight is unavoidable, bring it, but Rockstar goes out of it's way to make the world so 'realistic', only to have everyone be so damned crazy. It just bugs me.

I thought I read on here that you can press Left (I think) on the D-pad to interact with NPCs. I haven't played the game yet so I'm not 100% sure

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Kate Upton, friend.

http://cloud.attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/kate-upton-gta-v-sports-illustrated.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1692068/gta_5_shelby_welinder_confirms_shes_blonde_girl_in_artwork.html"]Shelby Welinder[/URL]

It's not a 'sit down' button, but (like i said a few posts back) if you stand still and wait about 1 minute (or less) the camera will go first person and look around.

Yeah, i know that's an alternative. But I guess I really want to just totally zen out and role play. the world feels so alive that I just want to sit and appreciate it. Your method will do, though.

BaneDrain

So is it a bad day to wander into a Gamestop or wherever and pick up a copy of the game? I'm assuming R* shipped way more units than there were preorders right?

I thought I read on here that you can press Left (I think) on the D-pad to interact with NPCs. I haven't played the game yet so I'm not 100% sure

Maybe I haven't unlocked that feature yet. So far, D-pad just pulls up the cell phone and one other function i can't recall..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom