• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gawge

I'm loving the game - I think the story is really good too, though not too far in (
last mission was where Trevor drove to Los Santos
).

Though, I do agree that some of the dialogue could do with being toned down. It just isn't as funny/enjoyable as rest of the game (many other sections of dialogue are fantastic).

Perhaps you can argue that 'it is an accurate representation of how some people speak'. Okay, but this is a form of entertainment - we don't get an accurate representation of our characters bowel movements, sleeping patterns, or general physical capacities. It is a game which takes liberties with some 'real life truths' - why can't they tone down the dialogue so that it is more enjoyable?

It is GTA, what did I expect? Firstly, I expected an awesome game (which I have got). Of course I expected swearing etc... I'm not too bothered about that - I just think it goes too far in areas, to the point where it actually slightly detracts from the game. I don't get upset about the language personally, nor do I have anybody to worry about hearing it. I do roll my eyes a bit - but above all, I think it is lazy storytelling.

TheContact

Yay got my SE copy today!
Installing now!

image.jpg

The steelbook is awesome, the only other steelbook I have is FF12

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So far best game this gen. No joke

Like: fuck me

tehbible

Wait, that is from the online trailer, right? I may have watched it 50 times.

Haha yup. From the trailer. Very authentic hood speak. They did a damn fine job with the voice acting. The script is awesome! I'm fully vested into the game. This is the first time where I feel like I'm in an interactive movie with an engaging story line.

I would still consider GTA V the best game ever made in the history of all gaming.

"mother fucker" is the ganster version of the valley girl "like" and interchanging them can bring about different characters with the same dialogue:

For example;

So mother fucker, you want to step to this motherfucking house and start some motherfucking problems?

Now replace "like" for all the "mother fuckers"

So like, you want to step to this, like, house and start some, like, problems?

It's just the way people talk. Like and Mother Fucker are basically pauses, commas, breaths, and filler.

hey gang, I game on a 42" monitor (everything looks great) but when it comes to some console games, the jaggies are pronounced (sharpness down).

I sit at a desk like this, a bit back. How far back do you recommend sitting back in a chair with this setup when a 42" monitor is on top and im playing GTA V?

antitrop

I am off work, back home, and with my copy of GTA V, the pre-order poster, and the guide.

The tiny little strip-mall Gamestop was absolutely fucking PACKED. Dude said over 250 showed up at midnight last night.

Insane.

andylsun

Picked the game up this morning but had to go to work all day. Can't play it until 9pm tonight when my daughter goes to bed. Will probably play till 3am tomorrow and be tired and cranky all day, but it'll be worth it.

Got an SSD in my PS3, so that's going to be a dream.

Could not resist the urge...picked this game up earlier during my lunch break. Sorry Rayman and TW101, you're going to be on the backburner for a little while...

hey gang, I game on a 42" monitor (everything looks great) but when it comes to some console games, the jaggies are pronounced (sharpness down).

I sit at a desk like this, a bit back. How far back do you recommend sitting back in a chair with this setup when a 42" monitor is on top and im playing GTA V?

5' - 10' feet on average. The maximum is debatable depending on preference and vision, but most manufacturers for that size are usually around 5'+.

hayguyz

Banned
anyone have walmart experience? thinking about caving and picking itup on the way home (breaking my never pay more than $40 rule)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Golf Cart is totally OP. I am hauling ass on this thing and going all terrain running from 3 star cops like it's my job.

LevityNYC

Banned
I have no doubt that the trailers and demos were running on next gen hardware or a PC. The game simply doesn't look as good.

Not saying it looks bad, but it does't run nearly as well as the trailers and other videos.

The aliasing and flicker are pretty bad in motion.

Derrick01

Banned
Found an amazing spot where you can see the entire city at night so I go to take a picture and....social club is down. Why do they keep forcing us to use that garbage?

Ghost23

I bought the 16GB flashdrive from Amazon that you guys recommended for cheap, and after configuring it the xbox said there might be performance issues because it's not an ideal setup. Will I experience FPS drops because of this? I am out of space otherwise.

Walking along the highway at night produces a considerably higher amount of traffic than I've seen in IV. They no doubt just disappear once out of sight, but still.

I've tried calling the taxi service but they never show up. Do they only appear at certain places?

taoofjord

Mixed feelings so far. It seems I may be at odds with the majority of GAF as many of the changes I dislike are things I loved from IV. The new focus on making things accessible and easy can be seen throughout and is something that I think makes the game weaker in the long run.

The cars, while they don't feel as terrible as Sleeping Dogs or earlier Saints Row games, are a significant step-down in how enjoyable they are to drive. A friend and I were talking about this and think that they feel like RC cars... and they aren't effected by physics as much as they were in IV. The motorcycles in particular now are almost completely unenjoyable in how they handle.

They made the world bigger but they also made everything move faster which makes the world feel less significant and immersive. Some sports cars and motorcycles in particular move so ludicrously fast that I don't want to drive them again.

They also took out the ability to crouch which is mindbogglingly frustrating. That's a must have feature for multiplayer. Hopefully it'll be present in mp since the stealth mode won't be as useful then.

A personal nitpick, but I also don't like the removal of being able to walk at different speeds. Walking is just one speed now (Or am I crazy? I'm pretty sure GTA 4 had that).

The aliasing is also bothersome but I'll get over it considering how how much is going on at any point in time.

There's plenty to love about the game, though, but right now I'm just in disappointment mode. My worries of Rockstar moving too far away from the feel of GTA IV due to fan feedback have come true and that sucks.

Lint21

Neo Member
Any word yet on whether/when this will be coming to XBL Games On Demand? I have all of these dirty MS Points to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom