• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

LevityNYC

Banned
There's a number of interface things I have an issue with.

First of all, I had no fucking idea how to move around in the map screen and set waypoints, plus everything...EVERYTHING, requires too many button presses to accomplish.

Spent 2 hours with the game.

10 minutes of mission gameplay and the rest exploration.

City seems awesome. Went on a rollercoaster ride which was super cool.

Jumping on people is fun.

Car denting physics aren't as fun as in GTA IV.

Too much swearing. Yada yada they're gangsters. It's too much.

I spent 99% of my time playing multiplayer in GTA IV. That's what I'm really looking forward to. Playing the game makes me want the PC version even more.

Pretty bummed that they tuned down the physics in the cars. I loved it so much in IV.

njean777

I remember people used to shit on The Sopranos for this very reason. And yet, if you listen to FBI wiretaps, that's EXACTLY what those people sound like. It may not be as elegant as some gamers want, but it's authentic.

Exactly, I go to a majority black/latino urban college, and they talk exactly how they do in this game. It is part of the culture.

Robbler

Banned
sounds like a Tarantino film. and last i checked, that motherfucker earns Oscars.

This is Tarantino:
Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!

This is GTA V Tarantino:
Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I fucking break your fucking concentration? I didn't mean to fucking do that. Please, fucking continue, you were fucking saying something about best fucking intentions. What's the fucking matter? Oh, you were fucking finished! Well, allow me to fucking retort. What does Marsellus Wallace fucking look like?
Jules: What fucking country are you from?
Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
Jules: "What" ain't no fucking country I've ever heard of. They speak fucking English in What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you fucking speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you fucking know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what the fuck Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn fucking time!

Five

Banned
So all of the mass murder, thieving, and sex scenes are alright? What a ridiculous complaint.

I'm more worried about what he can easily pick up from the game. When's the next chance a ten year old with no access to guns is going to have for a shooting rampage or bank robbery? And I wouldn't instigate anything overtly sexual around him. But the swearing, he could easily pick that up. It's not worse, it's just significantly more influential and within scope.

You're like 20 minutes into the game. Gatdam, wait it out. I agreed with a lot you said my first 20 minutes but it gets better. It's a new game, you have to get used to it.

Five hours, actually. Maybe not story wise, but that's how long I played for.

kick51

Banned
How can swearing be too much, but mass murder is a-okay

its like people want it to be real in some terrible ways, but when its real in some superficial way, it suddenly matters? lol

Cheddahz

Banned

its like people want it to be real in some terrible ways, but when its real in some superficial way, it suddenly matters? lol

cause it sounds like they're in high school by throwing the f-bomb after every word

bud

The script for the first 90 minutes:

N-word, n-word, n-word, n-word, n-word, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, bitch, bitch, bitch.

I hope it gets better soon.

"big dick. nigga. small dick. nigga. baby dick. dick. ass. nigga. sex. dick. fuck. dick."

it's pure hollywood.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
From some googling it seems that besides in a mission, you can't drive the freight trains that are around on the map. I haven't come across any other trains yet, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed you can't drive them, like in previous games I really hate when they put in vehicles you can't drive. I was really, and some might consider this a bit sad, was looking forward to driving the trains.

Xbox 360 told me my usb drive was not ideal for optimum performance. Is this a scare tactic to get me to buy one of their overpriced ones?

Not all USB drives were made equally, some are slow regardless of what they might say on them, but yea, it needs to have a certain read speed otherwise a game won't load properly. You don't have to buy an overpriced one, you just have buy a suitable one, they aren't mutually exclusive.

First of all, I had no fucking idea how to move around in the map screen and set waypoints, plus everything...EVERYTHING, requires too many button presses to accomplish.

Moving around the map interface is the same as it was in GTA IV. Go to map, press A... move it around and press A to set a waypoint. Very simple. I don't know what these extra button presses you're complaining about are. Want to provide some more context? Not a problem I've had in any respect.

kick51

Banned
cause it sounds like they're in high school by throwing the f-bomb after every word

ah, so they need to sound "educated"

because reasons, i presume

I'm more worried about what he can easily pick up from the game. When's the next chance a ten year old with no access to guns is going to have for a shooting rampage or bank robbery? And I wouldn't instigate anything overtly sexual around him. But the swearing, he could easily pick that up. It's not worse, it's just significantly more influential and within scope.

Five hours, actually. Maybe not story wise, but that's how long I played for.

A 10 year old? ahahahahahah

He already knows all the swears, dad. All of em. edit: unless he's homeschooled

Certinty

Yep this is the best game ever.

If you haven't already looked I would recommend viewing the Life Invader pages of Michael's family, amazing stuff there.

LevityNYC

Banned

Its not the swearing, its terrible dialogue. Every other word is "fuck" or "n-word." It wears on you because it sounds so forced.

Maddog

Seriously. Why do we have to press x on the map screen in order to navigate it?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how to insure cars? I have no clue how to register cars to be insured or whatever. I asked three times last night and no one responded, lol.

I don't get the complaints about image quality. If you have been playing console games then it's what we have been used to for a good couple of years now. Game looks fantastic but maybe I just have a super PS3 or something.

Its not the swearing, its terrible dialogue. Every other word is "fuck" or "n-word." It wears on you because it sounds so forced.

Yeah, I cringed pretty hard at "fucking fuck fuck fuck" or whatever it was. Didn't I read somewhere that this game has X amount of movie scripts worth of dialogue? I guess one of them was just Carlin's Seven Dirty Words just typed over and over again.

SJRB

Gold Member
Why are all the clothing stores closed all the time, what the hell is going on? Am I missing something? I've been cruising past all the clothing stores in Vinewood but every store marked with a clothing icon on the paper map has its doors closed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously guys, where do I buy clothes so I can make Franklin look more gangsta?
I've been wondering this, too. It's not like San Andreas where you just come across stores. Or I haven't just come across stores, at least.

I don't get the complaints about image quality. If you have been playing console games then it's what we have been used to for a good couple of years now. Game looks fantastic but maybe I just have a super PS3 or something.

The game has obvious drawbacks. Framerates tank at times when driving around fast and there are extremely noticeable jaggies everywhere

But the lighting is superb and the draw distance is actually highly impressive. Especially at night

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Why are all the clothing stores closed all the time, what the hell is going on? Am I missing something? I've been cruising past all the clothing stores in Vinewood but every store marked with a clothing icon on the paper map has its doors closed.

I imagine you have to get to a certain story part before they unlock like most of the other map locations that slowly become available.

aristotle

The people who complain about the cussing in this game must really live near alot of puritanical people. Hell I'm a Christian, I served in the military and I grew up and hung out "gangstas" I was into all of that shit. And no hyperbole, this is the way people in these walks of life talk. I just don't understand the complaints.

nailed it....

Or maybe it's because they used actual gang members and let them ad-lib what they say in normal conversation.

Moxx19

Banned
Is it just me, or are the shooting controls absolutely balls on PS3? Seriously I don't know if its the game or PS3 deadzone but I can't do the shooting range challenges for shit in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom