• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

Can someone answer one of my questions?
- How does saving cars work exactly? Let's say I have a tuned car, can I save it 'forever'?
- What are exactly the differences between the tennis smashes (A, B, X and Y)?

I remember reading that you can buy insurance for your custom car. If you lose it, or if it gets destroyed, you get it back.

That MIGHT be for online only though.

Still not feeling the reticule even when I change it to complex. It needs to be a bit more bold. Not bigger, just bolder. I can barely see it.

This is in daylight only since its so colorful and bright. Nighttime or shaded conditions are okay.

Also did they take out the ability to shoot civilians in certain limbs like the legs and see them get up and limp off? It seems they just sit on the floor and die after a second of shooting them. They die too easily. I used to be able to shoot the hand, the foot, and other body parts in GTAIV and see them die a slow death and wither in pain on the ground. Yes I sound like a psychopath but I wanna do this in V lol.

nib95

Banned
Put it in a garage, and it won't go anywhere. Drive it off a cliff, and it's gone.

That's just stupid. If that is the case, they should have made car parts and upgrades considerably cheaper.

Still not feeling the reticule even when I change it to complex. It needs to be a bit more bold. Not bigger, just bolder. I can barely see it.

I feel the same way. In-fact the entire menu is a bit weak in design with notifications, the mobile phone etc quite illegible at times.

zomaha

just had the entire system (360) shut down on me in the middle of golf. hole #7 and the system just shuts off abruptly, i thought the power surged for a second tbh before i realized it was just the 360.

this better not be a continuing problem...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So every time you switch guys your clothes change? Not sure I like that.
Yeah, I just got back to Franklin after playing as Michael for a while, and I was pretty bummed to see Franklin's clothes changed. I dressed him up all cool and stuff. :-\

Tohsaka

I'm having technical issues with the game. I tried to do one of the Stranger missions with Franklin very early on and he just walked up to the NPC, and the game would essentially freeze. The NPC would be moving around a little and the audio still played, but I couldn't do anything. I tried to do the mission again and ran into the same issue, so I reinstalled the game and can't get past the initial "Loading Story Mode" screen. I've tried restoring my PS3's file system and rebuilding the database, but it's still not working. I've not had any issues with other games, I don't think my system is failing.

MYE

OGNNovo.jpg

Amazing detail for an open world game. Damn

Guys, I've been thinking. I've been trying to think of a better game. I can't. This is my favorite game of all time. I'm about 7 hours in and I can already tell.

Back to the game

C'mon mang.
At least wait until the honeymoon period and hype high washes over.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Answer me this fellow gaffers, I work in IT specifically networking but am a bit baffled by this. If I install the play disc on a separate external hard drive, not a flash USB stick and then install the "install" disc on my 360 hard drive will this be ok? Just played it for a while and no pop in or anything so seems ok???

Septimius

That's just stupid. If that is the case, they should have made car parts and upgrades considerably cheaper.

I feel the same way. In-fact the entire menu is a bit weak in design with notifications, the mobile phone etc quite illegible at times.

No, apparently I was wrong. There's an impound lot and stuff!

How are the story missions? Are they more interesting than the "drive here, shoot that, watch 10 minute cutscene with banter that goes nowhere" fest of vanilla GTA IV?

bidguy

Banned
can you put bulletproof vests over your clothes ? all i can select are invisible vests. a bit disappointing since max payne 3 had them in

Darklord

Banned
(Early, early mission spoiler] The car Franklin steals
from Michael's home, the one that belongs to his son, is the same car Tony Sopranos son AJ had.

Moar Sopranos references!

legbone

ok guys. mine's out for delivery. just playing diablo III until the ups lady gets here. can't wait. this game may break my diablo III addiction. i hope it's that good. everyone is telling me it is.

Goddam UPS you are killing me. Friend lives about 2 blocks over from me, you have to drive past my house to get to his, and they delivered his at about 11:30am today.

I'll be bummed if my delivery is coming in the return-to-the-shipping-place delivery time... but it certainly looks like that now. I'm like 10mi from the UPS shipping center, out since 6:00am this morning. Sure, I'm sitting at work and I'm not able to play the game anyway, but I just want it to be at my house goddammit!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's an impound lot but I'm not really sure how it works.

And yeah characters seem to change clothes all the time when you switch around. I noticed Lamar also is, neat detail.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How are the story missions? Are they more interesting than the "drive here, shoot that, watch 10 minute cutscene with banter that goes nowhere" fest of vanilla GTA IV?
I'm having fun with them, but they don't feel any better than any past GTA game to me. But it's been yeaaaaars since I last played GTA.

How do I loot an armored car?
I stole one but can't do anything with it.
I shot at the back of it and rammed it with a car, and it opened up.

Geniuzz

This gane is amazing. I had some doubts after I hated GTA IV with a passion, but this one sucked me in from the moment I started the game. I am going to enjoy this a lot. Rockstar has delivered an impressive city and so far the story already had me laughing out loud several times.

zakislam

How do you land a plane? I been stuff at this for like half an hour now.

Couldn't do it initially too. Wherever you wanna land, go towards it at a decreased height and keep hitting the brake button, it'll eventually be slow enough to land.

BraXzy

I'm in the shooting gallery where you can do a bunch of challenges to improve Franklin's shooting. I have got a gold medal for every one except the second SMG challenge. Anyone manage to do it? That shit is hard!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Little pro tip: you can refill your health by
buying a soda from a vending machine

Pyccko

Phew, christ. Just got done traveling the edge of the map all the way around on foot. Took 3 hours 10 minutes. Take off about 15 minutes for trips to and from the hospital. Man, this is a good looking game.

heh, i was just having fun shooting at cars, seeing just all the interactive parts. Busted the hood open and shot the engine. Well, i decided hey I wonder how well this thing drives with 4 busted tires. Jumped in, hotwired and tried to start ... car did not start. Kept trying to start, nothing .. i shot out the engine ! lol. Then I guess someone called about the gunfire suddenly cops are coming, the car was up against a wall so i jumped on the car, well he actually grabbed the top of the hood and jumps on the hood and then jumps onto the wall! lol. Was amazed.

I immediately shaved Michaels hair and gave him a beard. He looks like Max Payne from MP3 now.

HOW?? Ever barber shop I've gone into only has 3-4 slightly different hairstyles (including his normal style) and 2-3 facial hair styles (including his original shaved style). I gave him a beard but there's such little choice for hair :(

Franklin's choices are a lot more diverse. I shaved his head and gave him the Full Spartan beard. He wears sunglasses and a white jacket. So badass.

I wish I had the same level of customizability with Michael. :/

cilonen

Man, so good. I recognise large sections of the layout of the west of the city (at the top of the beach) from the street layout in Midnight Club LA :)

This game is okay. Not the game of the year material, just seems like an average GTA game. Story is on the stale side, nothing to hold onto the edge of your seat for. Shooting plays out just like any other Rockstar Games. Driving is still arcady but better.

When I switch to other characters, they're not really doing much unlike what I've seen in the teaser. I either catch them driving aimlessly or walking aimlessly. Boring.

Logged in 6 hours, will report back.

Ensirius

HOW?? Ever barber shop I've gone into only has 3-4 slightly different hairstyles (including his normal style) and 2-3 facial hair styles (including his original shaved style). I gave him a beard but there's such little choice for hair :(

Franklin's choices are a lot more diverse. I shaved his head and gave him the Full Spartan beard. He wears sunglasses and a white jacket. So badass.

I wish I had the same level of customizability with Michael. :/

I want to shave Trevor's head. Doesn't matter which barber Igo to I always get the same choices. He's sporting the greatest beard ever but I need his hair gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom