• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unhappy about (strip club related)

not getting a fuck scene/mini game with a stripper. I spend 15 minutes finding the one to accept me at her home... We've seen every possible death in videogames but sex which everybody does is a no no. The only sex scene I've seen so far had a dressed woman. Come on now!

I think you get the option to take them home once the like meter's filled. DOn't know what happens from that point on.

Grisby

Game is a lot of fun so far. But I want to skydive and scuba dive as fast as possible. Will they come up in the story later or do I have to buy something?

Went swimming after a 'brisk jog' and drowned In a matter of seconds. Games controls feel real cumbersome and the shooing isn't quite as good as what I was hoping for. Feels a bit off.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
On-foot movement in this game is ass. I wish I could just keep a motorcycle in my pocket in case of emergencies. I never want to have to run in this game.

Gorillaz

Think I found the playboy manison I remember people said it was in the game and I was driving around upper town area and saw that big as place that looks like a castle haha

TheContact

Here's some non spoilery pics I took (ps3)

image.png
Getting it on with a hooker

Tried to land the blimp on the street =x

javac

Anyone find themselves spending a huge amount of times stopping in the middle of the road scrolling through all the radio stations? There's always something cool on :p Need to get the right song on for the atmosphere.

Robbler

Banned
Unhappy about (strip club related)

not getting a fuck scene/mini game with a stripper. I spend 15 minutes finding the one to accept me at her home... We've seen every possible death in videogames but sex which everybody does is a no no. The only sex scene I've seen so far had a dressed woman. Come on now!

In any case the game is phenomenal. I love that there is no filler like packages or other stupid collectibles. Everything has substance.

It really is mindblowing how much stuff there is in the game. How did they put all of it together?

I would buy the game even if I hated it just for their effort.

Hot Coffee earned San Andreas an Adults Only sticker. Most retailers won't stock the game if it was Adults Only, which is why they didn't do that.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
No cop missions, at least for right now, and they've nerfed the taxi missions (no time component at all, just drive point A to B?)

Great game but I'm still a little unsure about it five hours in.

Tygamr

Despite telling myself I'd wait, I picked this up from Toys'R'Us with Red Dead Redemption for free, along with a $10 gift card. I have too many freaking games to play... I shouldn't have looked at CAG.

MercuryLS

Banned
Ok, I got the disc version in the mail. I'm currently playing the game off disc (after playing the PSN version for 8 hours). Can't use PSN version save file with the Disc version, that's really stupid. As for performance, comparing the intro's, like night and fucking day. No pop in during the intro when playing off disc, tons of it with the PSN version.

This game is meant to be played off disc + HDD.

Edit: Playing some of the game right now, it's a lot better than the PSN version. The constant bits of pop in was driving me nuts, it's much better off disc. Things fade in in the distance only, nothing pops in right in front of you.

Abdozer

Does it need to read the disk every second. I should have gone digital. Playing without a headset gets annoying.

Yeah, I recently got the 320GB Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle and it's always making these grinding sounds whenever I play, pretty annoying. Happened with TLOU a few times but went away after the menu.

Wasp

I managed to find a helicopter within 20 minutes of playing the game for the first time. I was just a little south of Del Perro pier when a helicopter flew over my head and landed a little way ahead.

I only drove it for a few seconds though, I want to explore the map by foot before by air. I just flew really high than bailed out into the sea. Turns out you die if you hit the sea from a far height.

Tygamr

Hot Coffee earned San Andreas an Adults Only sticker. Most retailers won't stock the game if it was Adults Only, which is why they didn't do that.

They could do a God of War type of thing though. I'm fine with them not doing that at all, because whenever I encountered a sex minigame in GoW, I always felt dirty for doing it- doesn't help that my neighbors can see my TV through the window, and with other people around... Yeah. Around friends I'd be fine, but relatives? Nope.

Plasmid

Game just crashed / froze my xbox while trying to take a selfie on top of mt chilliad :(

e:

is anyone elses social club down?

Also how do i do insurance? My pegassi needs it.

I think I just experienced a bug in Trevor mission, PS3 version

Trevors first
sniper mission
I shot a dude in the car, the alarm sounded but nothing happened for like 3 minutes, so I scoped out and decided to walk back down the ladder but Trevor just walks in a straight line in the air for 15 seconds looking badass.

Then the screens turns red like "mission fail" or wasted but with no text, and Trevor just keeps on walking in the red screen, it fades to black and has been black for the last 5 min

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That said Worldwide FM is my favorite station. I love house music and the station has a strong balance of slow tempo to club scene songs

Not bad Rockstar...not bad
Yeah, I like it a lot, too. Which is surprising, cause I'm not usually into that kind of stuff.

vilmer_

Stopped in at the gas station off of Grove as I was coming out I hear gunshots and screaming in the distance. Turns out there's a massive firefight with the cops and a few gangbangers. This game...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It annoys me that the game refuses to remember that I prefer playing with the hood cam when driving cars. Every time I switch characters the driving camera resets to the default 3rd person view. Not a huge deal, just a bit irritating.

Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the game so far! Yeah, the framerate is ass at times (although much, much better than in IV on average), but I can deal with that when everything else is so good. I've played for quite a few hours now, and I've done all kinds of fun shit, but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer. Can't wait to fly a plane!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Aka the honeymoon.

Give it usually a month. All games have a honrymoon phase

I never get these kinds of posts. There are plenty of people in this topic who have grievances with the game already, so it's not like nobody is incapable of critical thought. In a month, I'll suddently come to the realization that GTA V is not my GOTY? Am I unable to assess the game properly, but the people who aren't big fans/are disappointed are?

Played for a few hours today and will keep on playing soon. I hated 4 but so far I really like this. I was really pleased when (spoiler for Franklin side event person)
Packie showed up, at first I was like, is it really him when he kept talking about being an Irish from LC but it turns out I was right.

And this is so above and beyond every other open world game in terms of world building. Just being able to go to the cinema, watch some weird italian art house film and then in-game look it up on the internet. Amazing.

Asked a friend what he thinks of the game, he text back

"Fucking great, the dog in it has just took a massive shit"

Each to their own I suppose :/ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom