• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I never get these kinds of posts. There are plenty of people in this topic who have grievances with the game already, so it's not like nobody is incapable of critical thought. In a month, I'll suddently come to the realization that GTA V is not my GOTY? Am I unable to assess the game properly, but the people who aren't big fans/are disappointed are?
I like how you took a simple thing and made it an even bigger deal then it needs to be

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Man. I walked too close to some woman (didn't even touch her). She started calling the cops on her phone. I just stood there waiting for the cops to arrive so they could arrest me.

They put several bodies into poor unarmed me.....

Plankfan

It's 5PM, and my copy has been "Out for delivery" since 5AM. Currently pacing back and forth while periodically looking out my window with the hope of spotting the UPS truck.

It just dawned on me, this could definitely be the unquestioned GOTY for Xbox 360-only owners. Those of us with PS3s will have a harder decision due to TLOU.

(For the record, I own both consoles.)

Not far in my most rofl moment was a kid yelling
I don't care if you're 12 I'll still rape you!
Btw, I feel like I'm the only one on ps3 >.> Everyone add me, psn id: MattsOnlyHope

RawNuts

How do you hail a cab?
Press right on the d-pad.

In fact, right on the d-pad seems to handle a lot of miscellaneous things.
conkers_bad_fur_day_n64_2.jpg

dandoolan

Holy hell, basically played this all damn day and had an absolute blast doing so. I've only done 14 of the main missions but
have done the first hist and can have unlocked trevor.

Game is awesome.

Yeah its not as clean as any PC game but on PS3 it looks good enough.

Franklin -
I'm loving Lamar and I've only done like 3 missions and 4 diversions.

Michael -
Just unlocked him after breaking into his house with Franklin and first did the weed diversion which was Saint's Row as fuck then the Mary Ann jogging mission.

It just dawned on me, this could definitely be the unquestioned GOTY for Xbox 360-only owners. Those of us with PS3s will have a harder decision due to TLOU.

(For the record, I own both consoles.)

yeah unquestioned for those with low framerate standards

when this comes to ps4 and pc, I expect to be wowed. currently, not.

Man. I walked too close to some woman (didn't even touch her). She started calling the cops on her phone. I just stood there waiting for the cops to arrive so they could arrest me.

I don't believe you..

You tapped that ass didnt ya?

alonzo.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So far best game of this gen, along with Demon's Souls. Unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE.

I thought this was pretty awesome, apparently you get experience as crazy guy (trevor?) by bumping into pedestrians!

Afrodium

Banned
I'll reserve my thoughts on the topic until I get a chance to play tonight, but I'm stunned that some of you think this is GOTY over TLOU.

TLOU was amazing and has a narrative that I know will be unmatched by GTA V. However, I'm definitely going to spend more time with GTA than TLOU, and will be smiling the entire time.

antitrop

The 'A' button on my controller squeaks when I sprint, is it safe to dribble a little WD-40 down there?

Maybe I should just unscrew it.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm actually traveling by foot and cab more because I dislike using the triggers to drive that much. I really hope they patch in the driving controls from GTA IV at some point.

Certinty

TLOU is too fucking linear mang
Pretty much this. It was a great experience but it's something I would only play once and it only really lasted me 10 hours.

So far already put half that time into GTA V and have had more fun and haven't even completed 10 missions yet. For me GOTY, GOTD and GOAT are all clear to me.

Plumpman

Other than the IQ that hurts my eyes, the overall scale and detail is very well realized!

Not loving the driving physics so far though, feels too "easy" compared to IV. I was a big fan of having to "learn" to deal with the heaviness of GTAIV driving. Also why would they reduce the crumple physics, its so hard to get good dents now!

Did anyone else notice a few bugs with the cinematic chase camera? It seems to autodrive for you "ala" burnout takedowns, but also warped my car around sometimes and was pretty jarring. Other than that, great fun on missions so far!

RawNuts

I just finished what I think is the last triathlon event.
28 minutes of tapping the sprint button, holy fuck

Also, it's great to finally have a car in a GTA game that is modeled after my car.

Gorillaz

The lonely robot is a funny ass movie. The only thing even funnier was seeing a shootout outside the theater when I was done. Cop had a shotty and it was all over haha

cdkee

Banned
The fuck UPS, is this some kind of sick joke?

Honestly this is probably the last time I get a game from Amazon. I love Amazon, but delivery services are freaking the bane of my existence and I won't rely on them for release day deliveries anymore. I'll just pick them up on the way home from work.

Fyi if your game was sent via smart post or any mailing service that has "smart" in it, the chances of you getting the game this will are very slim. Anything besides next day air is garbage.

Cheddahz

Banned
My favorite stations have to be the punk station, classic rap, and modern rap. I do like some of the stations for other songs, but I mostly like everything that is offered on those three stations

BOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Amazon release day delivery came through for me. Just arrived in my hands moments ago.

Even better, the tracking page on the Amazon website still shows tomorrow as the estimated delivery date.

Pooya

I think I spent a good 45 minutes just playing tennis.

the opening hours were overwhelmingly awesome, I'm just starting to grasp all the stuff that's happening. I'm all giddy over this heist planning now D:

interiors look insane, daaamn all that details in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom