• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Banned
Honestly this is probably the last time I get a game from Amazon. I love Amazon, but delivery services are freaking the bane of my existence and I won't rely on them for release day deliveries anymore. I'll just pick them up on the way home from work.

I have always been surprised that actually this many people order from Amazon and other online stores, I would hate ordering a game this highly anticipated online and not knowing whether or not I would get it right on release day, or the day after, or the day after that, etc. I suppose its mainly for convenience, but I don't personally mind taking only a 10 minute trip to the store to buy a game I'm looking forward to.

kick51

Banned
you guys need to get familiar with your ups delivery schedules and not order games for release day if it's a problem to not have it as soon as you wake up. goddamn.

For the
minigun
shooting range challenge 1, don't bother with aiming carefully. Just go crazy; the "miss" criteria for the
minigun
(which reset the multiplier) seems to be time based rather than based on # of shots; might be wrong though. Either way, just hold down the trigger and sweep left and right.

EDIT: So long as you hold down the trigger, you keep your multiplier :D

cdkee

Banned
I have always been surprised that actually this many people order from Amazon and other online stores, I would hate ordering a game this highly anticipated online and not knowing whether or not I would get it right on release day, or the day after, or the day after that, etc. I suppose its mainly for convenience, but I don't personally mind taking only a 10 minute trip to the store to buy a game I'm looking forward to.

The only reason I did Amazon this time was because I'd be at work anyway. But now I'm almost done with work and it's still not been delivered.

sn00zer

I am absolutely amazed at how good this game looks...outside of resolution, really feels/looks next gen...love the 0 load times walking in and out of buildings

karasu

My character just randomly changed clothes at the shooting range. I was wearing a leather jacket and for some reason he changed into his gray suit out of nowhere.

It ALWAYS comes on release day from amazon... problem is delivery can be late in the day for some areas.

Lakitu

st5fu
Been playing this most of the day. Can't stop playing.

I've got kicked out of a strip club, watched some TV, movies, played tennis, roamed the countryside, had some awesome chases, done some missions and now I just heard an awesome ad on the radio (
the cloud, I lol'd
). Love this game.

Scuderia

Well, I said I'm reserving my thoughts, but my initial reaction is that I'm stunned. I thought TLOU was amazing. Didn't think anything could top it this year, not even GTAV.

Serious? I got bored halfway through TLOU and haven't touched it in ages. So repetitive and the stealth is broken.

This is infinitely more fun

Dreaver

The amount of detail in this game is crazy. I think I have been watching television for about 40 minutes in-game and it's done really, really well. A lot of great parody's of real life, such as
Fame or shame show, shitloads of product placements, the hosts saying it's a "unique" show etc. etc.
. (not really a spoiler, but still tagging it)

NeoGiff

This is so great.

One of the first things I did was drive out of the city towards Blaine County (as Franklin). I saw a gas station off the freeway and decided to pull in to see if there was anything interesting there. There were at least 3 choppers parked outside, and I could see a small group gathered under the veranda outside, arguing. As it turned out, it was a group of three male bikers and a blonde girl, who they were arguing over. As soon as I got over there, the blonde turns around and says, "Excuse me, did you just look at me?". I had read on GAF that pressing the right directional button responds to NPCs, so I tried it out here for the first time. "Lame-ass bitch", snarls Franklin. Before I could react, all four of them (including the girl) whipped out pistols, and killed me on the spot.

What a game.

kick51

Banned
I sat on the couch and smoked weed while watching tv while I sat on the couch and smoked weed and played a game. We got high together :3 GOTY

I woke up, beat off, smoked a little, started playing. The first line in the game is about how the guy's kid does nothing but beat off, smoke weed, and play video games. lol

Megasoum

Banned
One minor thing that annoys me. I've been trying to get back into Micheal's and Franklin's house but everytime I go there there's always a mission marker in front of the door so I can't actually go in.

Edit:Ok you can go in Michael's house through the garage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Maxed out shooting range like a God. Dat reward!

KPunk

Honestly this is probably the last time I get a game from Amazon. I love Amazon, but delivery services are freaking the bane of my existence and I won't rely on them for release day deliveries anymore. I'll just pick them up on the way home from work.

I honestly feel the same way.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone know what to do about some of our non-working Atomic Blimp codes? I've tried it on the PS3 Store and the SEN Store, but it just isn't working. Want my atomic blimp damn it!!

The 7% sales tax I'm saving myself really adds up on those $60 games. Besides, I don't mind waiting a few extra hours for the UPS guy.

FYI, you can get a Target Red Card and save 5% on all purchases. That effectively wipes out the sales tax, and you can pick your game up at 8 a.m. or whenever they open.

Serious? I got bored halfway through TLOU and haven't touched it in ages. So repetitive and the stealth is broken.

This is infinitely more fun

TLOU was just gripping. The narrative was great, the characters were great. Gameplay was very good.

To some extent, comparing it to GTAV is an apples and oranges comparison. GTAV is the standard popcorn summer blockbuster movie, whereas TLOU is the more refined drama with a lot of emotion. It's not wrong to prefer either genre. And while I probably will have more fun with GTAV, I don't think it will have the resonance TLOU had, it was just a fantastic experience.

Dukey

Banned
I like Lamar. There, I said it.

I didn't like climbing to the highest point I could find only to get killed by a mountain lion though. That sucked.

fatius

Ok, I got the disc version in the mail. I'm currently playing the game off disc (after playing the PSN version for 8 hours). Can't use PSN version save file with the Disc version, that's really stupid. As for performance, comparing the intro's, like night and fucking day. No pop in during the intro when playing off disc, tons of it with the PSN version.

This game is meant to be played off disc + HDD.

Edit: Playing some of the game right now, it's a lot better than the PSN version. The constant bits of pop in was driving me nuts, it's much better off disc. Things fade in in the distance only, nothing pops in right in front of you.

Thanks for this post. I (somewhat accidentally) bought both. Going to unwrap my boxed copy. (still have had a chance to play, tonight!)

Wasp

One mildly disappointing thing that's not actually to do with the game is for the first time since GTA III at least there's no tourist guide acting as the manual. Instead the manual is just a thin pamphlet detailing the controls and warranty info. At least there's still a map.

RIP awesome Rockstar manuals.

Also my Atomic Blimp PS3 code doesn't work.

ekim

Wow... those missions are awesome. Especially Michaels first (side)missions.

the legalize weed side mission was really something else

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit!

So i wanted to know what happens if i have a wanted level and swim away .... they have now POLICE BOATS and chase you in the water :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom