• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
This map, the colors, and the day/night cycle is absolutely incredible. I've just been driving around clearing the "fog of war" for the last 2 hours, and I'm constantly surprised at what Rockstar's been able to get out of this ancient hardware.

Also, no major pop-in, texture loading, or framerate issues. My retail PS3 version feels smoother than either GTAIV or RDR on the 360.

It's goddamn amazing.

Ploid 3.0

Looks like IGN stumbled into an easter egg that might suggest there is a jet pack in the game

It was in a user stream before launch. A guy tried to find out what the picture meant by going to different parts of the map. I stopped watching so I didn't see how that turned out.

Anyone else have a hard time seeing the aiming reticule? I'm playing on a 61" HDTV, this should not be a problem

Yes!

SJRB

Gold Member
Started playing as Trevor. People weren't lying, this guy is insane. Like seriously, dude is fucked up in the head. And not in a funny way.

Super intruiging character.

Mayyhem

Anyone else have a hard time seeing the aiming reticule? I'm playing on a 61" HDTV, this should not be a problem

Perhaps toggle with the display settings and see how they effect it? Because I seem to have found the sweet spot or something cause I haven't even thought about the reticule cause it has been perfectly visible. (Playing on a 50" HDTV btw)

There was one point for me where I fell off a rooftop, got hit by a car which immediately stopped after, upon which a supposed gang member donned in green proceeded to attempt to steal the car which hit me in the first place. I then shot the thief and took the car for myself.

So ridiculous, I only played this for about an hour and I'm already having a ton of fun with it.

In 4 hours I think I have done 4-5 story related things.

I played for four straight hours and did not find a single bicycle. Am I just not looking enough?

By the beach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do some cars not have gas tank doors to shoot at? I wanted to create a chain reaction explosion, but I couldn't figure out where to shoot. very disappoint :-(

Side-Mission Question:

Did anybody find the location of the second bail-bond target?

check just southeast of the desert/trailer park area (near Trevor's home). You'll find a windy road with a barn sitting in the middle with a bunch of guys standing by the entrance.

I like Michael. His voice actor's got a real charismatic edge to him. I like Franklin too.

Jimmy and Lamar can fuck off and die on a shit-strewn side alley. Hate those two morons.

daftstar

I'm still having problems adjusting to the control scheme. Hate the R2 and L2 to drive/reverse since I'm so used to holding X and Square for it. Plus I keep accidentally shooting/meleeing on foot too... Oh well it'll take time to get used to.

antitrop

I like Michael. His voice actor's got a real charismatic edge to him. I like Franklin too.

Jimmy and Lamar can fuck off and die on a shit-strewn side alley. Hate those two morons.
Jimmy and Lamar's voice actors are exceptional, though, whether or not you actually like the lines they are delivering.

Michael is as great as I hoped and expected he would be.

Orbis

I played for four straight hours and did not find a single bicycle. Am I just not looking enough?
They seem pretty rare. Saw nothing then found two road racing bicycles out in the countryside; really fun to ride. Even on the cycle path along the beach in Los Santos they are rare to the point that I've personally never seen one there except in the intro.

Jimmy and Lamar's voice actors are exceptional, though, whether or not you actually like the lines they are delivering.

Oh no, the acting so far is fantastic across the board.

I just hate the characters a lot. Lamar is just a fucking moron. And Jimmy is like every spoiled rich kid I ever met that was so narcissistic I wanted to punch them in the mouth.

But no, the acting's great!

Eusis

Man, why'd they make the screenshot stuff NEED their servers? At least have local storage for when servers go up and now that I skimmed past recent posts for when you need to take pictures for the missions (does that effectively make the game an internet required game? Well crap.) I took a picture of a glitch, but as the servers are down I'll just leave it paused in case they come up sooner than later.

Yerolo

Michael is as great as I hoped and expected he would be.

Maybe its just me, but Im really struggling to comprehend the gangster lingo. I turned on the subtitles, but it didnt help much....just find it hard to understand that style of speech

Really enjoying the Michael missions so far though :)

Man, why'd they make the screenshot stuff NEED their servers? At least have local storage for when servers go up and now that I skimmed past recent posts for when you need to take pictures for the missions (does that effectively make the game an internet required game? Well crap.) I took a picture of a glitch, but as the servers are down I'll just leave it paused in case they come up sooner than later.
Social. And all images get posted on their main snapmatic page. I posted a ctotch picture too fml

They seem pretty rare. Saw nothing then found two road racing bicycles out in the countryside; really fun to ride. Even on the cycle path along the beach in Los Santos they are rare to the point that I've personally never seen one there except in the intro.

Yeah the only one I saw was in a footrace on the beach, then the woman I beat in the race took it.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, the Social servers must be getting hammered with people uploading pics. I managed to get a few, though.

On top of the Vinewood sign

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Ocean

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Speaking of the ocean, it is both awesome and terrifying in this game. Wading out in the deep with those waves is one scary rush. Best water ever in a game.

I saw a Chinook (sp?) near the military base. Looked so badass but impossible at the moment to get near the base without being blown to pieces.

Anyone know how to steal a passenger jumbo jet yet!!?!?!?!? Is it something you figure out later through story missions or can it be done from the start?

I noticed that the chopper is on the actual liveinvader page but its not in the in-game liveinvader page.

I just want to blog shit up in an apache heli :-(

GQman2121

Banned
Just finished the second side mission with Franklin and the
paparazzi with the young actress getting fucked in the ass outside
. This game makes hot coffee seem kind of tame. I wonder why they're able to get away with scenes like that now.

antitrop

Maybe its just me, but Im really struggling to comprehend the gangster lingo. I turned on the subtitles, but it didnt help much....just find it hard to understand that style of speech

Really enjoying the Michael missions so far though :)

I've only done about 6 or 7 missions so far, but I can't say I'm having the same problem. I'm not exactly familiar with that type of speech, either.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
)

Same, but it's pretty funny.

Even though Michael is like a tony soprano ripoff amongst other things, it also makes him the best written (and best overall) main character in GTA history. Full of that escapism and angst about his family life

I dunno how anybody can hate Lamar. Dudes hilarious.

RS4-

How are you guys getting a goatee for Michael? My version only has 2 options.

Are there different barber shops?

The DLC from the LE/CE.

All the barbershops are the same. While the clothing shops, they don't always have the same items, even if they're the same brand store.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I haven't played much but I found one thing they brought over from RDR, and honestly it could have stayed there.

bad kitty!

Zeliard

Siccing Chop on fools is amusing :p

Lamar's voice actor is amazing. Such a natural style of delivery. I imagine there's a bit of ad-libbing going on there (and if there is it's perfectly implemented), but obviously most of it is scripted, and he delivers all of it superbly.

I love the character. He's quite engaging and feels very authentic.

Septimius

I think there is something wrong with the camera in that it flips being inverted when you start shooting.

It's the way it should be. I play with inverted controls, but I'd die if they weren't normal as I'd aim.

Also, is Michael's daughter's VA the voice of Candace in Phineas and Ferb?

GQman2121

Banned
I'm still having problems adjusting to the control scheme. Hate the R2 and L2 to drive/reverse since I'm so used to holding X and Square for it. Plus I keep accidentally shooting/meleeing on foot too... Oh well it'll take time to get used to.

It's baffling that the face buttons are not an option for gas/break. My hand is cramping and it's literally keeping me from driving long distances.

Really bummed -- 8:15pm.. UPS never delivered my game today. AMazon release day, Amazon prime, item went out for delivery at 6am... Never arrived. A UPS truck (or one that looked like it) drove past my house about a half hour ago too.

Yerolo

I've only done about 6 or 7 missions so far, but I can't say I'm having the same problem. I'm not exactly familiar with that type of speech, either.

Its ok when he's talking to Michael....its just when hes conversing with Lamar & Stretch is where I struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom