• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickNotch

A major "fuck you" to R*'s QA on their discs. I got the Special Edition through Amazon, and my disc 1 is defective. Every time I try to install it gets stuck in the same spot and my 360 reboots. Tried three times now, blew out my 360, stared at the spotless disc, changed from vertical to horizontal.

Debating on buying another copy just so I can install the damn game.

First impressions!!! All spoiler tagged, with non-spoiler headings.

Vehicle Handling

Took some getting used to for sure. Now, I'm in love. It's a different kind of love than the love I have for GTA IV's driving. It's it's own thing for sure. But it fits the world. I cannot picture having GTA IV's car handling model in this game, at all.

Graphics

Took some getting used to. Then I went for a swim. Then I started driving in the country. Then I drove AT NIGHT. My God this game shines in the dark.

Mouth-Open Moment

Brake into airport and enter a plane!!! And then crash it into a portable staircase and explode into flames!!

I am really, REALLY enjoying this game.

i can't stand the 'A to run' bullshit...aren't my analog sticks...analog? you have to use claw grip to run around on foot if you don't want to just go in a straight line...

Megasoum

Banned
A major "fuck you" to R*'s QA on their discs. I got the Special Edition through Amazon, and my disc 1 is defective. Every time I try to install it gets stuck in the same spot and my 360 reboots. Tried three times now, blew out my 360, stared at the spotless disc, changed from vertical to horizontal.

LOL wut?

This has nothing to do with Rockstar's (or 2k's) QA departement... If you have a defective disk blame the manufacturing plant in Mexico and Poland.

Hunter S.

Time to get drunk and play GTA in appropriate fashion. Saw a cop get in an accident kill the dude, they drove off, I pull out dead guy and same cops chase me down for two felonys. not cool pigs. Not cool...

Dumb question. Does V still switch between free-aim and auto-aim depending on how far you press the trigger? I'm on PS3 and was thinking of swapping the shoulder button mapping, but I don't want to lose free aim.

OmahaG8

I hope it's not your 360 - and maybe check a rental place first.

antitrop

The soundtrack is so fucking good I barely even have to change the radio stations. I'll just bump and roll with whatevers playing when I grab the vehicle.

GQman2121

Banned
Can anyone give an explanation on the different shots in tennis? It's actually pretty fun, can't wait to play it and golf online.

The controls are on the screen the entire time, but if you go into the pause menu under briefing you can get more time to read their descriptions.

You can also download the online manual: HERE

Mouth-Open Moment

Brake into airport and enter a plane!!! And then crash it into a portable staircase and explode into flames!!

Haha. I did the same thing. I could not for the life of me
get that airplane out of there.
Of course it didn't help having the cops on my ass while it was happening.

OmahaG8

Side note - I'm mildly enjoying myself reading the disparate impressions here for just about everything. Love/hate shooting, driving, music, framerate, textures, characters.

MMmmmmm, damnit, install already!

FrsDvl

How am I supposed to take pictures with my phone? Every time I try opening the camera I get a message that it can't connect to social club. Even though my ps3 is online.

Septimius

Can anyone give an explanation on the different shots in tennis? It's actually pretty fun, can't wait to play it and golf online.

Top-spin makes the ball fall faster. It gives you a faster ball, but a bigger bounce. It means it's great for a passing shot, but if the other player is near baseline, the bounce is going to be slow, making it easy to hit. Bottom-spin is slower, but the bounce is also low and faster. So the opposite, really.

If the opponent is closer to the net than to the baseline (the end of the court from where you're standing), you can pass the opponent with a fast shot with a top-spin ball. A bottom-spin would be great for a stop shot, but I haven't been able to do those.

Anyway, I use a top-spin to push my opponent out of balance by having to quickly move to the other side of the court, and I can move in to the net and hit a passing shot on the next hit.

Then triangle is good if your opponent is way up at the net.

Riding a chopper listening to classic West Coast hip-hop on the east side rural hills.

Massive San Andreas flashbacks SO GOOD

Except for these gotdamn cougars and hyenas that won't leave me alone. GO AWAY I'M TRYNA CHILL OUT

Fjordson

The soundtrack is so fucking good I barely even have to change the radio stations. I'll just bump and roll with whatevers playing when I grab the vehicle.
Soundtrack is a big step up from IV (which I liked).

I'm finding myself listening to all the retro music right now. Lowdown FM (the soul station), the funk station hosted by Bootsy Collins and the West Coast classics rap station. Shit is awesome.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
How am I supposed to take pictures with my phone? Every time I try opening the camera I get a message that it can't connect to social club. Even though my ps3 is online.

Social Club problem. Going to be hit hard for a while.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamnit for some reason I feel compelled to do random shit when I am Trevor. I have to run over dogs, punch random people in the face, or blow parked cars up.

Yawnier

Banned
Was going to play this tonight after getting my copy but I lost all motivation after something personal happened :(, maybe tomorrow.

Hunter S.

Same on 360. I thought it was because I lack gold. Might work through facebook it seems. Not the place I would want to share my crimes though.

SpaceHorror

The DLC from the LE/CE.

All the barbershops are the same. While the clothing shops, they don't always have the same items, even if they're the same brand store.

Fuck me.

Had I known that I would have been tempted to order the SE. Ah well, hopefully they'll release it later on as DLC similar to the RDR exclusive stuff.

Orbis

That shit is annoying; I just wanted to take photos and save them to the PS3. I don't think that's possible.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fucking perfection.

That is ALL, folks.

So when I got Amanda's car fixed as Franklin, I went ahead and bought the "La Cucaracha" novelty horn. Some missions later, I have to use her car as Michael after losing his during a mission; the horn is still in place :D

Zeliard

Chop is great. If I'm just strolling around and some dude starts giving me lip, I introduce him to the Chop. And he looks adorable chillin in the passenger seat. It's too bad you can't seem to take him on missions.

a guy stole another guys wallet and i got out of my car to beat him up but i was slow so i shot him.

where's the button where i turn myself in :p

these random events are great.

RS4-

So yeah, losing one of your purchased and modded cars blows. For whatever reason, the impound didn't have my car.

Had to buy again via the website, car comes back as stock :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom