• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchCat

I fail to see where they spent the 260+ million dlls when I see the same guy in every Ammu Nation store. It just doesn't look like a game that is worth that sum.

(Destiny Does)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I fail to see where they spent the 260+ million dlls when I see the same guy in every Ammu Nation store. It just doesn't look like a game that is worth that sum.

(Destiny Does)

:lol

because you played Destiny yet, right?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

(Destiny Does)

5 years in development.

And it is a big game with lots of content, even if they did copy and paste some things.

tj hazuki

Time for a stupid question - I'm real early in the game where you have to follow Lamar in separate cars (red and white) to some place and i'm trying to figure out how to save in this game?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Time for a stupid question - I'm real early in the game where you have to follow Lamar in separate cars (red and white) to some place and i'm trying to figure out how to save in this game?

At your house and you can quicksave through your phone.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

via your phone, there is a quick save button.

but you really don't need to always save on your own, the game auto saves.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, I can't see the gas tanks on cars. The spot I'm supposed to shoot to blow'em up. Do some cars not have them?

Chop is great. If I'm just strolling around and some dude starts giving me lip, I introduce him to the Chop. And he looks adorable chillin in the passenger seat. It's too bad you can't seem to take him on missions.

He doesn't die does he when you get into gun fights or anything similar ? :(

Has Rockstar said anything about releasing an OST for V?

And does anyone remember that boxed set they released for Vice City? I have such great memories of that OST and that game. I wish they would do that kind of stuff more often but they haven't since they released that one. Not in a huge package like that, anyway.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thing I like about seeing the city from afar/up high, at night, is the lights, and the slight twinkle effect.

SJRB

Gold Member
Has Rockstar said anything about releasing an OST for V?

And does anyone remember that boxed set they released for Vice City? I have such great memories of that OST and that game. I wish they would do that kind of stuff more often but they haven't since they released that one. Not in a huge package like that, anyway.

They better fucking release FlyLo FM on iTunes asap, amazing tunes.

Dead Man

If you customize a vehicle, you own it. You can store owned cars in garages, and if said vehicle is destroyed it respawns at the garage. If you abandon it somewhere it will get impounded and it will cost you 250 bucks to get it back.

Well shit, I'll just end up blowing all my cars up to get fresh ones rather than getting them impounded, seems another irritating system that is a bit of a half arsed attempt at realism.

Plasmid

Well shit, I'll just end up blowing all my cars up to get fresh ones rather than getting them impounded, seems another irritating system that is a bit of a half arsed attempt at realism.

Take any car with damage to your house garage at home, when you come back to get it later it will be fixed (mine were with michael's cars at least).

ufo8mycat

Needless to say its going to be hard to call my GOTY. Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us are amazing games but GTA V might be king.

GTA V over TLOU?

Dang, I honestly feel that can be somewhat impossible after experiencing that game. It was a masterpiece. Such an amazing gaming experience.

I think I paused TLOU during it like 4 times, because I was so overwhelmed at how awesome the game was.

Can't wait to play GTA V properly on Friday

ButchCat

:lol

because you played Destiny yet, right?
Maybe not but you don't necessarily need to play it appreciate the ambition of that game. Don't get me wrong technically it's a fine looking game. I've encountered no bugs so far and that says something for a R* game but a budget of that size is hard to swallow.

BraXzy

Also, no phony restrictions as to where I can go! As soon as I was ready I just jacked a plane and had a real nice fly around the state. Returned it to the airport with a wonderfully smooth landing and the bastards were still trying to arrest me.
I was only borrowing it.

Teach me? I can't land planes for shit. I've tried landing this plane like 10 times.

Arcteryx

haha @ the popular photos on the social club. warning there is some male
dick action goin on in one; like full blown dick + balls

antitrop

The shooting mechanics. I'm in love. Turned off that auto-aim bullshit, going free-aim.

Just finished Franklin's "Shotgun with a Flashlight" mission, absolutely sublime. I'm completely enraptured by this game.

MORE MISSIONS

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Had a very funny, completely unscripted moment there. Not even a random event, just completely out of the blue.

So I see a cop car chasing a random car and I decide to follow it, no interfering and just observation. So anyway the chase goes on for a while and a car gets in the way of the car being chased and it crashes. The cops zip past but quickly turn their car around and get out. The guys hiding behind his car and starts shooting at them, as the cops approach one of them gets shot and falls to the ground. The other one shoots the guy being chased and he's on the ground writhing in pain. The cop is approaching and the guy shot starts firing back from the ground. The cop shoots him again and then, out of nowhere goes

"I guess God needed one more dickhead"

Couldn't stop laughing for ages.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Been playing non-stop since I got home from work.

I cant stop its so god damned good...this game will rob many hours of my life.

I'm feeling a little fatigued and I have yet to even meet
Trevor
. I've only been doing main story missions aside from some Towin times.
Currently at the
Diamond heist

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Love that you don't lose weapons and can carry pretty much everything. It isn't realistic but it makes it a better game to play and enjoy.

Ok, im like 2 hours in and had to stop to get some schoolwork done. Lamar is godlike, the games just typical gta so far, not that there is anything wrong with that. annoying hype aside im having fun, that's really all that matters to me.

BraXzy

Can someone please explain how to land a plane safely? I just went in with a perfect line, really low, slowed down early, drifted along the runway but kept clattering along and got a failed anyway, this is driving me mad but I'm determined to do it.

EDIT: omfg I forgot the wheels, why didn't a popup remind me :(

SJRB

Gold Member
Made this selfie:

cDMWJR0.jpg

[Daddy drink count]

The family dynamic is amazingly well done.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, thank god you can change the vehicle camera height and the aiming reticle, which really helps when having to drive and shoot. I could barely even see the dot until I changed it to 'complex' in settings.

Shit I grenaded it and still didn't open
A message pops up when you encounter your first security van and says to aim at the crease in the middle of the two back doors. It should only take a few shots I did it with a pistol. I know some of those messages in the top left corner can be hard to read when in the thick of action but try that and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom