• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspiring

Had a funny glitch happen today. Playing as Michael, I drove my car in the grave and walked in through the door in the garage. Everyone in the house was floating in the air not moving. I walked outside and went in through the front door an it loaded a cut scene and all was fine. Looked funny.

The driving is so, so good.

Does anyone know if I have the ability to buy a road bike? the one michael owns is a mountain bike, and I want to be able to ride a road one any time I want.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I also have to say the game is damn polished.

and i had not one single crash/freeze in my playtime yet. (around 15 hours)

took me a while to warm up to the game. The writing seems especially lazy with Michael and Lamar, every tenth word out of their mouth is "nigga", a minute of dialogue with those two and you hear the word "nigga" more than you do in a fucking rap song. I suppose its meant to be funny, but its not.
Combat mechanics are just as sluggish as they were in GTA IV (or if theyre not, the improvement wasnt good enough) and the game looks bad when the lighting cant hide the aliasing and artifacts. Im not sufficiently engaged by many of the radio stations either, tho the West Coast hip hop classics are a nice touch.
Driving mechanics seem even twitchier than before, but Ill put that down to my lack of adjustment.
I like the interaction between Michael and Franklin. Frank's a much more tolerable character when he isnt around his hoodrats.
Trevor is....I dunno... not sure how I feel about GTA once again treating mental illness like a joke.

Ploid 3.0

In terms of subjective fun, how do people like it compared to San Andreas? Get the same vibes from V?

This game has better controls, and everything. It's a good controlling 3rd person shooter, and the driving is solid and you feel like you're in control when you screw up. The under water, the mountains, the city, it's all much better even considering the time San Andreas launched. I just did my first rampage and it felt awesome. The good controls really make this game shine.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So for those like me who actually enjoyed IV's driving mechanics how are you liking the new game's style?

I loved the driving in GTA IV as well. Initial reaction was it felt like Midnight Club, didn't like it at all but it is growing on me. Not going to waste money on car mods till I start getting a reasonable income.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I have a 2nd party controller that does not work with this game (This is only the second time this has happened) and now I have to wait to I get a new one tomorrow or Thursday. This is what happens...this is what happens when you go apeshit playing Pacman and toss your controller down in rage.

Enjoy the game folks.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
The driving is straight out of Midnight Club and I adore it.

I get that same feeling I got driving around in Dub Edition.

Forsete

Dat stock market
manipulation.

Question regarding the stock market.

Besides manipulation, is it just guess work? How will I make da monies once the story is over and no more manipulation missions?

Love the game. I love all the playable characters

DukeBobby

I think my only issue with the game so far is the shooting mechanics aren't quite as good as I thought they'd be.

Huge improvement over GTA IV, though.

Ploid 3.0

Though consider what Digital Foundry said about the console versions of the game. The framerate isn't locked 30fps, what I hear from the Disk version of the game sounds just about right with the digital. Also it needs like 36 gigs free to download+install. I'm happy I got it on PSN. GTA5 at the touch of a button.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think my only issue with the game so far is the shooting mechanics aren't quite as good as I thought they'd be.

Huge improvement over GTA IV, though.

I agree with that, and the cover system feels a bit clunky but besides that amazing game.

Edit: Character switching needs to be from now on in every single GTA game, it's so good.

antitrop

Holy shit, I just completely lost track of time. What's up, guys and girls.

This game is pretty amazing. Went from 1 to 7% straight, my eyes need a rest. I need some food.

I need to play more of this game.

Doran902

im getting some hard glitches / errors on the psn version

during a chase mission i was having textures pop up and cover the screen and the ground dissapeared a few times, restarted and it seems to be working, that shit was weird though

Question for those that bought the special edition. Was the top of the outer box sealed? Mine had the xbox seal on the bottom opening but the top wasn't sealed. And inside there were no codes. Steelbook, blueprint map and manual. Thats it, and it was the last copy so exchanging won't get me anywhere.

Ugh. Game was in a lockbox so unless an employee did it.....

Ploid 3.0

The driving is straight out of Midnight Club and I adore it.

I get that same feeling I got driving around in Dub Edition.

I was just thinking about how good the racing and speeding was. I thought to myself, "I might as well uninstall NFS The Run, Most Wanted, and Hot Pursuit.

Derrick01

Banned
Damn it I loaded the game back up and it took Michael's car away. He's just standing there at the stop light where I saved and quit lol.

Dartastic

Stupid Gamefly. I thought I'd get the game today seeing as they have a distribution center in Seattle and I live in Portland. NOPE. Tomorrow it is. :/

TRUE STORY

So I was kind of stalking this blonde chick in the "Beverly Hills" area, and she finally caught on to me, she started running across the street against a red light, and got hit by a car. I waited around and sure enough the paramedics came.

They had a conversation about how it was too late, and one of them was really upset about it. his partner kept saying don't worry man there's always a next time.

I was blown away.

See this is why I love this game amazing random events like this. Sold!!!!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Well, just got an exception from UPS

If you live on the east coast and haven't received it yet - expect it tomorrow!

Ploid 3.0

How the hell do you get 20,000 points on pistol challenge 2.

Pick the fast shooting pistol. The automatic (third pistol). I forgot which the 3rd is but if it's the moving side to side one you have to walk with it and keep the target stable. Don't turn your character only to keep up with the bullseye, it will mess you up since you are analog. Walking side to side is better, no angle change.

This game looks so beautiful at night. Makes all those jaggies magically disappear.

I must've spent a couple of hours just bmxing it through the desert, discovering shit.

Gorillaz

TRUE STORY

So I was kind of stalking this blonde chick in the "Beverly Hills" area, and she finally caught on to me, she started running across the street against a red light, and got hit by a car. I waited around and sure enough the paramedics came.

They had a conversation about how it was too late, and one of them was really upset about it. his partner kept saying don't worry man there's always a next time.

I was blown away.

damn....

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm sure it has been mentioned, but for those who don't like the reticle as just a dot, change "Weapon Target" in the Display option from "Simple" to "Complex". Each weapon should now have the dot along with an expanded reticle, the shotgun for instance has a bracket either side and the pistol has a ring around the dot, makes it easier to see.

Not sure what else it changes though mind.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
In terms of subjective fun, how do people like it compared to San Andreas? Get the same vibes from V?
I'd say that GTAV is better, but that San Andreas was the better game for its time, if that makes sense. GTAV is great, but there's some archaic and janky design choices that should have been jettisoned a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom