• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
WOW... I just noticed another small amazing detail... I just parked my banshee in the garage and I was standing next to the car while refreshing GAF and I realized that you can hear the "clicks clicks" sound that the engine cooling down does right after you turn off a car... Holy shit lol.

Also question, so I'm right after the
Life Invader
mission and when I look at the character wheel it tells me that Franklin has 1 mission and Michael has 2... But, when I look at the map, all I see is the next "L" mission. I don't see anything else. Anybody knows what's the extra mission for Michael?

The game does seem to control smoother, and in the case of PS3 GTAIV versus PS3 GTAV, well, the PS3 GTAIV was a kind of crappy version. Not DIRE bad, but more the one you'd get if you lacked a 360 or sufficiently powerful PC, or really wanted free console online play anyway.

Yeah, I'll have to boot it up later to compare, but I remember being a little disappointed with the performance of 4, but haven't really had any problems with 5 yet.

Mission The Long Stretch is awesome
just blown up helicopter with SMG on the roof
Hands down ! Best Flashlight graphics ever on video game...Dice should play this game and learn how real Flashlight looks like on weapon.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Its insane that you can stand on top of a building at night and see the lights of cars miles away on a distant highway. I remember seeing that in the first trailer and didnt believe that would make it to the game.

jtrov

How are you guys getting a goatee for Michael? My version only has 2 options.

Are there different barber shops?

You can get a goatee for Michael at the barber shop south of Michael's house. It's pretty close, so it'll be the first one on your map that is south of his location. I believe it's called, Bob Mulet... But I can't remember off the top of my head. I also only have the vanilla version of the game, so I don't think it's part of some DLC.

Also question, so I'm right after the
Life Invader
mission and when I look at the character wheel it tells me that Franklin has 1 mission and Michael has 2... But, when I look at the map, all I see is the next "L" mission. I don't see anything else. Anybody knows what's the extra mission for Michael?

it might be the
therapist missions

are there different options at different barbers? i went to two with franklin and had only the same choices.

also are clothing stores unlocked in a mission or something, they're not showing up on the map.

Derrick01

Banned
i wish the gun sounds were boomier

We need more people besides me crying about this.

The sound in general is pretty jacked. I have to turn my TV up about 8 notches more than normal to get everything at a "normal" level for me.

But yeah even with that the guns sound really weak. Or at least the pistol does since that's all I've had so far. Sounds more like one of those toy cap guns or whatever they're called, that make loud pop sounds instead of something a real gun would sound like.

I feel so bad for wade :(

Edit: One of the best things for me so far during the mission "Daddy's Little Girl" or whatever, was realizing the city has waterways like Vice City did. So awesome.

leng jai

The sound in general is pretty jacked. I have to turn my TV up about 8 notches more than normal to get everything at a "normal" level for me.

But yeah even with that the guns sound really weak. Or at least the pistol does since that's all I've had so far. Sounds more like one of those toy cap guns or whatever they're called, that make loud pop sounds instead of something a real gun would sound like.

Yeah are you on 360? The volume is mixed ridiculously low so I have to put my receiver up a lot higher than usual. The gun sounds woeful no matter what volume you're at though.

sdornan

Anyone that's reasonably far in the game...

All the early missions are in the city. Should I go ahead and explore the country now, or does the game introduce you to the environment gradually through cool missions and setpieces further in the game?

Raven77

Loving the game but I have a few questions:

Does the 360 controller also have a real bad "dead zone" on the analog sticks?

Has anyone used the converter that allows you to use wired 360 controllers on the PS3?

I'm loving the game, but there is something that sort of feels off. Does any body else feel the movement and gun play of the game is a bit awkward feeling? I'm sort of having trouble feeling like I'm mobile.

i wish the gun sounds were boomier

We need more people besides me crying about this.

I think the gun SFX is a massive improvement over GTAIV. But they could certainly be a little louder.

Same goes with the engine sounds. The engine sounds are great in this one, worlds better than GTAIV...but they're so damn quiet! I wish there was a way to increase their volume separate of the world SFX. I can barely hear them over everything else going on some times.

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah are you on 360? The volume is mixed ridiculously low so I have to put my receiver up a lot higher than usual. The gun sounds woeful no matter what volume you're at though.

Nope I'm on PS3. At first I thought it was the game thinking I'm using surround sound since I don't use the speakers in my TV I use a second set of my PC ones and they support it even though I don't use them that way but I turned that off in the PS3's settings and it only sounds marginally better. I think it's just the game itself because I just played kingdom hearts HD yesterday and that game sounded loud and crisp compared to this.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
7 hours in and for some reason I'm still not feeling this game. I feel like I can stop now and never go back.

What is wrong with me :(

I got so used to driving with Franklin's special ability. The first time I jumped into a car as Michael, I tried to activate slow-mo during a tricky turn, smashed headfirst into oncoming traffic and was launched thirty feet through the air and died.

QP3

7 hours in and for some reason I'm still not feeling this game. I feel like I can stop now and never go back.

What is wrong with me :(

Absolutely nothing.

I could never get into IV (I came lttp) and I am about 5 hours in V and just...idk. We'll see, I am liking the stories a lot more but...yeah. I withhold judgement.

Madness

Lol, there was a unique event where someone robbed this chick. I chase him down, shoot his legs. Turns out it's $2000... It says either return it or keep it for yourself but you may get a reward if you return it. So I return it and my reward is $100 bucks. After returning it, I beat the hell the out of the chick and got $1900 back. Feel like such as asshole though, but I'm going to make it rain in the strip clubs now.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hmm. Now that I'm playing the game the map doesn't seem to be as big as I originally thought.

Still better than IV though.

I thought that as well, might be because it is already opened up. Still, factor in underwater as well. Can't wait till I get a scuba kit.

vilmer_

Can we even keep cars that are used in story missions? I think I forgot to store one in the garage, dammit I wanted to keep that one.

You guys think Rockstar can go back to just one main character after V? I gotta say character switching and having multiple characters with their own multiple styles of gameplay is the greatest addition to the series by far.

Definity

I just spent a solid hour surfing the internet on my in-game phone. I love you rockstar. Going to lose countless hours of my life to this game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just played this for 9 hours straight. I am in love.

This game shits on IV from such a great height it's ridiculous...I only recently got Trevor and haven't even left the city areas yet until now, but it's so much fun messing around with him.

Megasoum

Banned
Loving the game but I have a few questions:

Does the 360 controller also have a real bad "dead zone" on the analog sticks?

Has anyone used the converter that allows you to use wired 360 controllers on the PS3?

I'm using the converter right now. Been playing on PS3 with my 360 controller all day. Works great with the default setup.

what's with all this freezing? -_-

whenever a develop says "this game pushes the console to the limit" you know it is going to be a technical disaster at launch.

Fjordson

You guys think Rockstar can go back to just one main character after V? I gotta say character switching and having multiple characters with their own multiple styles of gameplay is the greatest addition to the series by far.
Probably if they think they have a really solid protagonist, but it would take some readjustment for me. Switching characters just makes the game feel so much more varied.

kris.

Banned
what's with all this freezing? -_-

whenever a develop says "this game pushes the console to the limit" you know it is going to be a technical disaster at launch.

I've been playing for something like 10 hour straight. Have had zero technical issues. Dunno what yer talkin' about.

BFIB

The character switching was the part that made me second guess, but they way its implemented, its my favorite addition.

With every other GTA I've gone straight into the missions. With this one I've been fucking around, doing stunts, stealing and blowing shit up. lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So is there any way you can keep your car after you upgrade it and just pay to get it back each time or something? Otherwise upgrading is pointless unless you are super careful and always bring your car back to your garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom