• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

Is anybody playing this on an og PS3 60gb? The framerate is terrible when driving and is giving me a headache. Random hitches. It's to the point where I'm questioning if my old ass system is causing it or if it's just how the game is...?

ironcreed

Banned
Oh, and flat out amazing voice acting from Franklin and Lamar. I just started doing some missions after screwing around for a bit. This is GTA at it's absolute finest. The gameplay has finally caught up with the production value and overall concept.

vilmer_

Is anybody playing this on an og PS3 60gb? The framerate is terrible when driving and is giving me a headache. It's to the point where I'm questioning if my old ass system is causing it or if it's just how the game is...?

I'm on an og 20gb phatty and it hasn't been too bad at all outside of hugely populated spots.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
ku-xlarge.jpg

lol

my bad if posted

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Man, thank god you can change the vehicle camera height and the aiming reticle, which really helps when having to drive and shoot. I could barely even see the dot until I changed it to 'complex' in settings.

I guess I'm being a blind bastard because at times I have a lot of trouble seeing it, these dodgy eyes of mine.

Also, stupid question. How do I change a characters hair colour ? I don't see any options for Michael for example when I visit a hairdresser.

TheContact

Omg, I was stalking some guy for a bit and he ended up pulling into a parking spot in an apartment complex and got out of his car and walked upstairs.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is anybody playing this on an og PS3 60gb? The framerate is terrible when driving and is giving me a headache. Random hitches. It's to the point where I'm questioning if my old ass system is causing it or if it's just how the game is...?

Playing on a 60gb launch PS3, no problems here.

Also - anyone know where I can buy a suit with a tie?

FUCK.

So the game has essentially frozen on me after dying in a mission.

I really hope it autosaves like red dead.

The game just sat there loading for about 10 mins on a black screen doing nothing but having the loading icon moving.

360 btw, and no I didn't install the play disc.

todahawk

Woooooooooo!

toda 2! cougars 0!

robbed a convenience store, drove down to the beach, stole a quad runner, ran some dudes over and then stole a wave runner. skipping waves is soooo fun!

vilmer_

Dammit, I wanted to keep one of the cars that we used during one of Franklin's missions, I customized the horn, etc and went to the garage and it wasn't there... I thought if we mod cars we get to keep them?

Time for a stupid question - I'm real early in the game where you have to follow Lamar in separate cars (red and white) to some place and i'm trying to figure out how to save in this game?

I just finished that part... what pisses me off is them trying to make you read the top of the screen for tutorial stuff while you're trying to drive. Ha... Game is great though... but ya.

kick51

Banned
Rode a bike up to the mountains, got to a great viewpoint, put the bike in 1st person view, cranked some tunes, and watched a dewy, foggy California sunrise.

Their PS4 entry is gonna be fuckin' bonkers

edit: however, my 3 hour session ended with a hard crash while I was driving around casually. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come because it's been running beautifully aside from that. I can't believe a PS3 game can be this huge, look this good, and run this smoothly.

ezekial45

Banned
Just got to Trevor.

i was really bummed to see him kill off Johnny Klebtiz from GTAIV
:(

I really really dig him, though. AMAZING voicework from the actor, too. He's gonna be a lot of fun to play as.

Is it me, or is the framerate better in this than it was in 4? Maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like this runs a lot smoother than I remember GTA4. I'm playing on PS3 btw.

Eusis

Social. And all images get posted on their main snapmatic page. I posted a ctotch picture too fml
I understand that's why you have the posting to a server option, hell the whole point of taking pictures in something like this to me would be either to share with other people or to preserve memories, and the former is self explanatory. I just wish I could have a local cache that'll upload when it can reconnect, rather than being completely unable to take a picture until the servers are up. In THAT regard I don't see why they need to require Social Club to be up, even if you couldn't just copy off of the PS3/360 manually.
Is it me, or is the framerate better in this than it was in 4? Maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like this runs a lot smoother than I remember GTA4. I'm playing on PS3 btw.
The game does seem to control smoother, and in the case of PS3 GTAIV versus PS3 GTAV, well, the PS3 GTAIV was a kind of crappy version. Not DIRE bad, but more the one you'd get if you lacked a 360 or sufficiently powerful PC, or really wanted free console online play anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
It's very interesting to swap characters and let the AI drive. They stop at red lights and drive at a nice steady speed.

I do wish the vehicle damage was a bit more severe. The cars can take a pounding before they start to crumble.

Tmac

First couple of hours got lost in some dirty roads, found an airport that turn out be an military base, tried to break in and got blowed up by tanks in 2 seconds.. lol

not fair

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol, passed the flying lesson "Skydiving onto a moving target" with a Gold...

...By just missing the actual flatbed of the truck, landing on the ground, and getting ran over by the truck (and not dying somehow). Gold, Jerry, GOLD.

Is it possible to remove weapon attachments or rebuy a default version of a gun? I put a silencer on a pump shotgun, and while it is stealthy, its a lot less fun without the satisfying boom. Very much regret attaching it.

Edit: Hm, guess you can do it back at ammunation, just not while on the mission I was in when trying to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom