• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I punch somebody to death on the very top of Mt. Chiliad and instantly hear sirens. One second later there are cops driving up the small mountain path on the side opposite the cable car. How do they know?? How did they get there so fast???

Septimius

what's with all this freezing? -_-

whenever a develop says "this game pushes the console to the limit" you know it is going to be a technical disaster at launch.

Here's the thing. With this big quantity, you're bound to run into a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction having console issues. People started crying that TLOU killed fat PS3s. It wasn't the case. Aged hardware means higher chance of random faults, plus dust build up means some systems are going to kick the dust (no pun intended). People's consoles die all the time. It's not fun to hear that your console is freezing. My recommendation would to try and get as much dust out of it as you can, and to ensure it's in a place where it gets plenty air. That means not putting it under your TV, if the place under your TV is a confined space with no air-flow.

Omni

So I punch somebody to death on the very top of Mt. Chiliad and instantly hear sirens. One second later there are cops driving up the small mountain path on the side opposite the cable car. How do they know?? How did they get there so fast???
I stabbed her with a knife. Walked away clean

Just bad luck I guess hah

dalVlatko

The audio mixing is really weird on my surround sound

The dialogue is really quiet and the sound effects are super loud. I wish that dialogue took precedence over sound effects like it does over music because even if I lower the sound effects volume and raise the dialogue, it still feels like the dialogue is getting drowned out.

I'll try it with just the tv speakers later.

Fjordson

So is there any way you can keep your car after you upgrade it and just pay to get it back each time or something? Otherwise upgrading is pointless unless you are super careful and always bring your car back to your garage.
Yeah, you can insure it, get it back from an impound for like $200.

I haven't tried it yet, though, so not actually sure how you go about doing that.

I wish people would LABEL THEIR SPOILERS. Technically your supposed to you know.

Ex: End game spoiler:
I dunno

Ex: spoiler about Trevor's character a few missions in:
hi

Ex: Vehicle spoiler:
bye

*not real spoilers^^^*

--

I wanna click some of these spoilers but I don't know what they are!

So twice now I've booted up my copy and I get zero audio? This is PS3. A reboot fixes it but still is this my system or the game fucking up?

Reule

WOW... I just noticed another small amazing detail... I just parked my banshee in the garage and I was standing next to the car while refreshing GAF and I realized that you can hear the "clicks clicks" sound that the engine cooling down does right after you turn off a car... Holy shit lol.

Also question, so I'm right after the
Life Invader
mission and when I look at the character wheel it tells me that Franklin has 1 mission and Michael has 2... But, when I look at the map, all I see is the next "L" mission. I don't see anything else. Anybody knows what's the extra mission for Michael?
I know what your problem is, I just figured it out myself. Switch from Franklin back to Michael.
Michael will get a phone call from Amanda. It's an optional mission. After I did it, Michael's mission count was back to one.

Madness

d9xKqMo.jpg

Lol, love this game already. On a related note, can we talk about anything to do with random events/characters you meet yet or no?

I literally just turned off the game because I invested about $800k in one car, but I couldn't figure out how to store the car into the main garage. I thought I had it down, but I went outside, went back into the garage while on foot, didn't see it inside, left, and my car literally disappeared in front of me.

I'm not upgrading shit anymore til I figure this out.

Played for 8 hours straight! Loving it so far, just got to Trevor. The presentation in this game is outstanding. The way everything looks from the graphics, to the UI, the menus, the cutsecens. It is one another level then any other open world game.

R* are really knocked it outta the park on this one. Can't wait for GTA online.

dalVlatko

Megasoum

Banned
I know what your problem is, I just figured it out myself. Switch from Franklin back to Michael.
Michael will get a phone call from Amanda. It's an optional mission. After I did it, Michael's mission count was back to one.

Ah right, I just got the call.

d9xKqMo.jpg

Lol, love this game already. On a related note, can we talk about anything to do with random events/characters you meet yet or no?
Is this a mission or did you pick up a hooker? BTW I haven't seen any hookers on the street yet. Don't think you'd be able to pick up a hooker on a bike though lol

Madness

I literally just turned off the game because I invested about $800k in one car, but I couldn't figure out how to store the car into the main garage. I thought I had it down, but I went outside, went back into the garage while on foot, didn't see it inside, left, and my car literally disappeared in front of me.

I'm not upgrading shit anymore til I figure this out.

The Grove street garage? You pull up to it and press like right on the dpad and it's stored until you take it out again. And if you take it out and leave it where it disappears it says your car has been impounded, pick it up for a small fee.

todahawk

Just stumbled on this at AMMU*NATION... you can snag the Assault SMG for free and i also got all of the mods for it... they were already unlocked. no code no nothing. it was way up on the upper right of the wall in the top corner.

DukeSucks

Weird question that I hope someone can help me with.

PS3 version, ps3 slim hooked up via component because of my headset. When I'm playing the game and bring up xmb or get a notification, the font is supersized, like its on SD settings or something. I exit the game and then everything looks normal on the dash.

Is there a setting I need to adjust? First game that's done this to me.

The Grove street garage? You pull up to it and press like right on the dpad and it's stored until you take it out again. And if you take it out and leave it where it disappears it says your car has been impounded, pick it up for a small fee.

Ah, so it WAS saved. Thanks man. I think i just lost my car because I was afraid of losing my money.

Damn. It had blue smoke :'(

MercuryLS

Banned
The character switching was the part that made me second guess, but they way its implemented, its my favorite addition.

Is so well done, an absolute technical marvel pulling that off. It's so great to be able to hope around characters when you get sick of one of their storyline and want to change it up.

Thank you. I was wondering about this to. Know that I know that I'm going to start upgrading cars like crazy.

Can anyone explain how this stock market thing works? Got the email but can't make sense of the site or what to buy/ when to sell?
Also just the Internet in general is there anything on there like secret missions or is it all just flavor for the world?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We need an FAQ on how to save cars, lol. I still don't get it, honestly.

Where can I save cars to make sure they'll be saved, even if they're blown up or lost? Any garage? But not safe houses? And then if a saved car is blown up or lost, I have to get it from the impound place?

Megasoum

Banned
So how do you increase Chop's hapiness exactly? The only thing I can do right now is throw the ball but it doesn't look like it's doing anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
4am. Work in 2 hours.

Fuck this game is too good../ what to do...

Jon

Hey, I did a search of this thread and was surprised to see no one mentioning any disc read errors on the Xbox version of the game?

I am affected...has anyone else had this problem? You install disc one, and upon putting in disc 2 it freezes, and after rebooting it just gives steady "disc unreadable" errors. It looks like it is affecting a fair number of people according to Twitter and Youtube...any Gaffers?

DirtyLarry

Is anyone else using the Pulse Elite Headset on the PS3 version?
If so, does the extra bass or whatever it is called not seem to really be working at all? I actually upgraded to the GTA V setting for the Pulse Elite itself, was in a patch I automatically downloaded thanks to +, and it just seems like the game has no bass now. Even if I choose another mode. Is it intentional?

SlickVic

Seeing all the radio stations that pop up in the radial menu certainly impressed me. I tend to like custom soundtrack options, but I got a feeling there's enough new music and favorites for me to enjoy here for a good while.

Madness

So I've saved like six cars already. All I do is go to the green garage icon that says grove street garage and pull up to it and press right and it gets stored in. And like I accidentally stored a shitty car and when I took it out, I walked back into the garage and it said the shitty car was impounded and I needed to pay a fee at the lot to get it back.

So I'm pretty sure, if you got that message, your car will be at that lot.

Can we wear motorcycle helmets and just walk around with them without removing the helmet?

I've seen this image in a few reviews, but is it only for heists or can you wear helmets just normally and during other missions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom