• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Just realised there are no stupid bridges that are out until mission x, thank fuck for that.

I'd say that GTAV is better, but that San Andreas was the better game for its time, if that makes sense. GTAV is great, but there's some archaic and janky design choices that should have been jettisoned a long time ago.
Yeah, some utterly busted control scheme choices stand out.
The DLC from the LE/CE.
Ah fuck, why they got to do that?
Take any car with damage to your house garage at home, when you come back to get it later it will be fixed (mine were with michael's cars at least).
Cool, thanks.

I'll echo the people who've said the sound mix is low, and the gun + engine sounds leaving a bit to be desired. I have to push the volume on my TV up into the 25-30 range to hear the game if there's outside noise, or other people in the house making noise. Most games are decently loud at around 15-20.

But still, I played ~5 hours so far and haven't done anything so needless to say I'm still having a really good time. I don't even think I'll get into the missions until tomorrow.

Omni

I'm struggling to find songs that I like in this game. Sure that non-stop-pop FM is amazing... But the other stations don't play anything that appeals to me.

Feels bad. It's a step up from IV. But it would be so much better if we could have custom stations like on the original Xbox

I'm really annoyed with Gamestop. I used to work there ten years ago, I know how "hard" it is, even as a retail job it's one of the easier ones you could have. I preordered the 360 CE a few weeks ago. I went to pick it up today, and the woman that I had preordered with had put it in as the PS3 version.

I have a PS3, but my friends all have the 360 and that's the platform I'd prefer to play it on. She said they didn't have any more CE's for the 360 and to come back tomorrow and if someone hadn't picked up there CE today they'd give it to me then. I said that that was unacceptable because she fucked up. She started crying, I told her to get her manager, he told me the same thing, I also told him it was unacceptable, that I should't be the one to have to deal with this bullshit because they fucked up. He was almost to the point of tears. I couldn't believe it, have they just always told someone to come back and everyone listened?

Either way, after the manager started to tear up, I told him to give me my money back. Which he tried to tell me I should still just wait!? Started cursing up a storm until the little shit gave me my money back and just went to Wal-Mart and bought a regular edition. I'll get a CE down the road I guess. But I'm pretty disappointed with GS once again. The one time I go to their store in over a year, and they fuck it up.

Either way, games almost installed. I decided on HDD+Flash Drive combo and I can't wait to play.

Zukuu

Banned
Major disappointment for me is that your car just disappears if you have to leave it to get into your stupid "standard" car if someone wants to drive with you....

a) Why the fuck not just let me use my frigging, just tuned for 50k$ car?
and
b) WHY NOT LEAVE IT THERE OR TRANSPORT IT SOMEWHERE (and no, it wont show up at the impound)? >_>

Really, that hurts my fun in a serious way.

Eusis

Is anyone else using the Pulse Elite Headset on the PS3 version?
If so, does the extra bass or whatever it is called not seem to really be working at all? I actually upgraded to the GTA V setting for the Pulse Elite itself, was in a patch I automatically downloaded thanks to +, and it just seems like the game has no bass now. Even if I choose another mode. Is it intentional?
Holy fuck does Google work fast, I had just searched after looking at this thread, then saw this as a result...

Anyways, I haven't noticed Bass outside of the logo movie and when switching between surround/stereo, but I think I actually noticed a subtle bit of bass with Stereo on instead of Surround, at least while in Michael's home and hearing the music over the radio. Try switching to stereo if you're on surround (or maxing out Bass Impact) and seeing how it works then.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh...there's fully upgraded SMG, Shotgun and Pistol on the far right wall of Ammu-Nations... I guess those are part of the Special Edition bonus?

Is anyone else using the Pulse Elite Headset on the PS3 version?
If so, does the extra bass or whatever it is called not seem to really be working at all? I actually upgraded to the GTA V setting for the Pulse Elite itself, was in a patch I automatically downloaded thanks to +, and it just seems like the game has no bass now. Even if I choose another mode. Is it intentional?

I'm noticing the same thing. hrmm

urge26

Having played through and completed Saints Row IV (which was a fantastic experience), I never really laughed all that much (maybe because of all the expectations going in). I've been cracking up at so much through the first 2-3 hours of GTA...... Lamar is so great, really surprised about how much I'm enjoying the writing so far.

Madness

Major disappointment for me is that your car just disappears if you have to leave it to get into your stupid "standard" car if someone wants to drive with you....

a) Why the fuck not just let me use my frigging, just tuned for 50k$ car?
and
b) WHY NOT LEAVE IT THERE OR TRANSPORT IT SOMEWHERE (and no, it wont show up at the impound)? >_>

Really, that hurts my fun in a serious way.

For some reason, if I leave something in parking spaces or like directly in front of buildings, it doesn't go away. For some reason, this car I left like 5 miles away, was parked in front of Franklins house, not counting his normal car that's always in the garage or front of the garage.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having trouble with the Social Club features (uploading photos, using the iFruit app, etc.)? Is it just getting hammered?

Sometimes I can't even take a pictrue as it tries to load the gallery first for some reason. Would be better if you could just take/save pics locally then upload them later if you want.

Is there any solution for this right now, or do we just have to wait until they fix things? (As I can't see it getting better as more and more people get a hold of the game.)

Ploid 3.0

Cloud computing commercial hah.

For some reason, if I leave something in parking spaces or like directly in front of buildings, it doesn't go away. For some reason, this car I left like 5 miles away, was parked in front of Franklins house, not counting his normal car that's always in the garage or front of the garage.

I did something pretty far away from my car that I left in the street, and came back to that spot after it was done and the car was still there.

Tried logging into rockstar social games for the first Time and it won't let me create an account (on iphone), I keep getting an error msg.

I'm assuming it's just server overload. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Falt

Playing on and off all day. Rockstar nailed it, completely knocked it out of the park. I'm in love.

HOW

HOW GUISE HOW

As Michael: At his house, upstairs in Jimmy's room. You'll find a bowl.

As Franklin: Sit down and watch some television at Franklin's place. The option to smoke will pop up.

Marleyman

Banned
Rockstar social club is a mess. I can't even save pictures, use the ifruit app. I realize it will get better but I have a cool pic of "accidentally" knocking Tanya out lol. Can't save it..argh

Is anyone else having trouble with the Social Club features (uploading photos, using the iFruit app, etc.)? Is it just getting hammered?

Sometimes I can't even take a pictrue as it tries to load the gallery first for some reason. Would be better if you could just take/save pics locally then upload them later if you want.

Is there any solution for this right now, or do we just have to wait until they fix things? (As I can't see it getting better as more and more people get a hold of the game.)

game just launched. it's being hammered so you can't use it. it can work sometimes if you keep trying. sucks too. i missed a few moments so far :D idk why they went cloud. should have expected this but i'm sure rockstar will fix it real quick hopefully.

Zukuu

Banned

It's totally random I feel.

I tuned my car. Drove to a mission where I immediatly was forced to use my frigging normal van, then I drive 0:30 seconds down the road and had a shoot out. After the mission was over, I used the same normal car to return where my other vehicle was left off (it was even automatically parked properly when I left the bar the first time), only to see it's gone... Huge bullshit.

Won't bother with tuning anymore since it's pointless beyond belief due to this crap. This however, will also dramatically drop my fun with the game. That alone would be 1 Star less of an rating if I were a reviewer.

If you "buy" a car from a website, do you have always access to it from your garage? Can you replace the "standard" car? If you tune the standard or bought car, will it always apply, or only until the car is kaput / gone?

I am still really early on but so far the control issues I had with GTA IV seem present. A little better but present. I hate chase mission because of the controls, they still suck. Game just crashed on me mid mission. I am sure it will get better.

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Loving everything about this game.

Shooting is nice and tight too--although I wish the guns had more UMPH to them, ya know?

And when you first roll to the gun-store with Lamar and you have to buy a pump-shotty, you can get a free assault rifle too if you just keep panning over.

About to do the first heist.

Also should say, right off the bat I was having more fun with Franklin and was barely touching Michael. Once you get into Michael's story all you wanna do is play more Michael. Such well rounded characters right off the bat.

BIGWORM

Man, how Trevor just
walked up in Michaels house mid-conversation...

Even I Shit my pants a bit, lol. So Alpha...

These ragdoll physics when you jump....

ibpKsy1nnEwjkE.gif

Holy! Must have been a random event but I walked into a barber shop to get my hair cut and two guys were robbing the place. They put the gun to my head and made me get on my knees while they robbed the cash register. I'm chasing them now.

LifEndz

Planned on waiting till next payday but the hype got me. Sold the first two compendiums of Walking Dead and ordered on Amazon. One more day and as wake up......

Holy! Must have been a random event but I walked into a barber shop to get my hair cut and two guys were robbing the place. They put the gun to my head and made me get on my knees while they robbed the cash register. I'm chasing them now.
Whoa. That's amazing.

Wait can we not rob stores? I can never pull out my weapon in any store so far I've visited.

todahawk

Whoa. That's amazing.

Wait can we not rob stores? I can never pull out my weapon in any store so far I've visited.

i've robbed many, many stores. usually the 24x7 quickemart type stores.

last time the owner thought he'd be a hero and told me 'he wasn't going to put up with it'.
shotty time! push > to grab cash

Early impressions so far:

Having good gun controls in a GTA game is kind of crazy.

Why is there no classical music station? :(

And boy do they really REALLY want me to download this iFruit app.

Fjordson

My brother was watching a Twitch.tv stream earlier and a few people in the chat were saying how they hate Franklin's missions because they can't relate to all of the "ebonics".

This really is San Andreas 2!

DrBo42

PSN download at 56%...really need to stop reading this thread. How does the game handle character switching by the way? Is it one of those zoom out to satellite view, pan, zoom into next character loading tricks?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Quality. I've chased a robber on a bike and had a couple of random stick up kids say they'd give me a cut if I brought them a ride we could all fit in. Went vigilante on their asses and took the cash for myself. These RDR style encounters bring so much to the table.

Just gotta say too, I love how Michael is first introduced.
His character and that first main switch are presented so well. When you walk out of the car dealership you feel like such a dad. Switched back to Franklin later and he was on the phone to Lamar complaining how he got fired.
I know it's been quite scripted so far to give a feel of the characters and their different lives, but can tell it's only going to get better from here. Brilliant stuff.

My brother was watching a Twitch.tv stream earlier and a few people in the chat were saying how they hate Franklin's missions because they can't relate to all of the "ebonics".

This really is San Andreas 2!
Wow, pretty sad. I'm about as white as it gets when it comes to the old "gangster gangster" and Franklin's world is a blast to me. Loved SA as well. Too bad some people have a narrow mind and can't just enjoy a tale from another perspective.

said %75 on Rockstar games on PSN while preorder but now checking psn and every rockstar game looks same price.how im gonna get those games with %75 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom