• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You guys tried talking to NPC's/Pedestrians?

Make sure you're facing them on foot and press > on D-Pad. Every character reacts differently towards NPCs. Trevor is hilarious.

This game may have a record for most inputs on dpad right.

Grisby

The world is pretty beautiful at night. All those light sources.

I'm having a pretty good time just walking around the world. This really does feel like the most expensive video game ever made. So many random NPC conversations and talking. All thse little details.
I hope that is the only time the game is going to expect me to shoot accurately with its terrible shooting while driving controls.
Yeah, it's not that great.

sappyday

I got another complaint. The guns sound cheap and the radio isn't loud enough. If they would just bump up the volume a little bit more then it would be great because right now it feels like I haven't even heard one song on the radio.

Father/Son mission is one of my fav missions in a GTA game.

It was a fun mission. I'm glad they've really diversified the missions in this game. The abundance of cut+paste assassination, car chase missions in the previous games has been getting old for some time.

I got another complaint. The guns sound cheap and the radio isn't loud enough. If they would just bump up the volume a little bit more then it would be great because right now it feels like I haven't even heard one song on the radio.
Can you not up the volume, or lower the other gameplay audio in the menu like previous games?

ryannuoxv.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man this game is huge. Someone please tell me bigfoot is out there, somewhere. I spent the first 4 hours doing nothing but eventually driving around the whole island in a circle. I also climbed the mountain a little, till i punched a fucking cougar in the face YEEEEAHHHHH

gotoadgo

So I entered a cheat and now achievements are off. I turned the game off and on, and I've still only gotten one achievement. I'm planning the first heist. Have I missed any achievements?
Do the heist and see what happens. If you don't get one after that then there's an issue, though I think you're clear as I don't remember too many achievements at the start.

Madness

So was that hidden message supposedly on the back of maps for the collectors edition real or was it just a trick?

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zan Cudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500.000 cash. xxxxx

Could be anything really.

King326

Change the audio output to your settings. I had to change it to TV, because that wasn't the default option.

Also turn down SFX volume.

malfcn

So how are you supposed to win the first mission with Lamar? And how were you supposed to know the challenge? And you can't update your score without a new game file?

Can I wear neckties in this game?

I want Michael to wear a tie.

How come the ambiwent music doesn't play in free roam? I love the OST but I'm not hearing any ambient music or OST stuff in free roam.

So was that hidden message supposedly on the back of maps for the collectors edition real or was it just a trick?

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zan Cudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500.000 cash. xxxxx

Could be anything really.
I'm gonna go there right now and try and find it.

Edit: no one knows where the fuck this is yet lol

Timu

It was a fun mission. I'm glad they've really diversified the missions in this game. The abundance of cut+paste assassination, car chase missions in the previous games has been getting old for some time.
Yeah it's definitely a nice and much needed change up to keep the missions fresh. I do wonder how much better they get as well.

Pollux

Do the heist and see what happens. If you don't get one after that then there's an issue, though I think you're clear as I don't remember too many achievements at the start.
Cool, I'm going to do it tomorrow after work.

E: where and when can I buy a bicycle?

antitrop

Having to Gold medal every challenge for all three characters at Ammunation to get the reward is kind of obnoxious.

But so be it. I'm a good shot.

So yeah, after spending some time with Franklin and Lamar and the hilarious antics of this game's physics and AI, I can say that I'm completely in love with this game, the dialog has certainly improved, and I'm even getting used to the driving.

Spoilers for Trevor's introduction
Man the dynamic dialogue in this game is crazy, I ran Ashley over before heading to the mission and they actually talked about it on the way.

This game really is something special so far, has all of the great interactivity and weight that GTAIV brought to the picture while expanding all the content and mission variety around it. It's on track to be my favorite game. Sorry Galaxy 2!

Also, how do you dive while jumping? I keep hearing people talk about it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LMAO @ Michael meeting Franklin. I like this game

The view while driving is way too close behind the car. They need to patch in additional cams

I'm like 12 hours in, and pretty far past that point, and I've liked almost all of it, but that moment is still the "oooh shit whaaa" moment for me. Didn't see that coming, but wondered "why is the camera getting closer to the car" :lol

Madness

Lol, Simeon Yetarian is hilarious. Especially if you read the news on the Internet.

"I am hoping given all the work I do in the community and especially for race relations that the city will help me pay for the damage".

npa189

Holy shit, 13 hours... where am I? I haven't played video games like that since Skyrim's launch day. Marathon......

I really, really like it. I'm very impressed with the visuals, especially since I spend most of my time on PC these days, they got every drop out of the PS3 and it really shows. It would be nice to see the framerate pick up, and the anti-aliasing is close to nonexistent, but bravo Rockstar, they had a reason to be so cocky about being on current gen, because this is GOTY. Also Trevor, I like him.

RDreamer

I actually can't remember the last time I got completely engrossed in a game so quickly. I'm not prone to marathon gaming sessions. I have a pretty short attention span, I get bored and post on GAF or something.

But I've just been playing GTA V all day, since I got home from work.

Same here. Even very good games I tend to take big breaks after a couple hours or so. I've been playing this one pretty much since 8 AM when I got it this morning. I did stop for a bit to watch 2 or 3 episodes of breaking bad, but other than that...

Megasoum

Banned
I'd be curious to see if there's difference between 360 and PS3 for the movies in the Movie Theaters since there's more disk space on PS3. The Giantbomb quicklook mention that the 360 version of the movie theater is a pixelated mess but when I checked on my PS3 copy tonight it was fine.

SonnyBoy

I haven't taken time off from work since Vice City... I'm 29 and barely game anymore. My daughter takes up all my time. Something has to give. Lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I just need to say real quick that rolling around Cali bumpin West Coast Classics is one of the greatest experiences I've had in my 30 years of gaming.

Ok, back to it.

Beaulieu

This game is pretty cool.
I just crashed after my first 3-4h session, I hope it has auto-save cause I didnt save a god damn time.

Been to LA a few times and I recognize a loooot of spots I went to. Anyone knows if the place where you meet the
paparazzi
with Franklink is based on a bar that use to be called Mr.Miagi ?

edit : yep. that's the place. crazy. http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/miya...esyshcWTi4Fp4lmEyz_lGw#esyshcWTi4Fp4lmEyz_lGw can even see the "castle" in the back.

Beaulieu

You guys tried talking to NPC's/Pedestrians?

Make sure you're facing them on foot and press > on D-Pad. Every character reacts differently towards NPCs. Trevor is hilarious.

first thing I did was go toward 3 people hanging on a street corner, one being on a Bmx, talked to them a few times, they had beef with Franklin, after pushing too much they brought out the toasters and I was done in a sec. awesome.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just spent an hour reading the bleeter feed and the reviews for the movies. The detail!

Going into Michael's son's room, using his computer to read Life Invader and seeing all these comments from friends/family about recent missions and stuff in the world... it's insane. Takes what IV started attempting to do and just destroys it.

I noticed one of Michale's LI friends is an investment banker... wonder if you can stalk him to get tips on the stock market, or if any of these randoms will make an appearance later... it's all so interesting!

Well this is my best game of all time and has given me no reason to even consider the switch to nextgen for at least another 6 months to a year.

I know its impossible to compare fps with open world with racing e.t.c but for me this has EVERYTHING i ever want in a game.

- Decent Story (unless it takes a nosedive which i doubt)
- Amazing characters
- Amazing and detailed world that will take me months to fully explore
- Tight/decent controls on just about every aspect (gun play ranks up there with the best shooters once you turn of auto aim), car controls are great , all the minigames i've done so far are superb
- Never a dull moment. Random events happening anywhere, the sheer amount of dialog in this game must be crazy, just lots of random npc conversations outside the normal mission convos
- Ability to take my time and do what i like. Ride up to the hills and waste hours of your life , or simply mess around in the city
- Good/Decent ai, especially the cop ai and there searching, i love the change to the warrant system, now it really gives you a chance to explore those back alleys and try and hide. Plus it can be really tense when you know a cop is approaching you (especially at night with the torches)
- Amazing graphics. I have never been one to pickup jaggies e.t.c, and to me this game runs fantastic and looks fantastic. I spent 20 mins just exploring franklins house. So much detail crammed into every street/alleyway. Thats not to mention the lighting .

The only negative for me so far is the drive/shooting controls,sleeping dogs does it better, but sleeping dogs cant get anywhere near any of the other game systems gta 5 has.

Now i have only played 4 hours or so of the game but i don't care what anyone else says, this is the most ambitious and the best game i have every played unless something catastrophic goes wrong in the rest of the game. (which i doubt since i hear trevor is a blast and i am a long way off that yet)

This game is like too good. I haven't played a game this much in one day in forever. Like the entire time I was at work today I just wanted to come home and play GTA. I never do that ever anymore, so that says something about this game.

Grinchy

Banned
I've only gotten about 3 hours into the game so far but I'm really liking it. I'm at that early point where I'm overwhelmed by how much I can do and the fact that I don't know the areas very well yet.

Why did this game have to come out while I am so damn busy? I've already screwed myself over by playing it today, and I won't be able to get back on it for another couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom