• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was dick in TLAD.

I don't think R* will rest until the Hot Coffee mini-game is fully playable.

Their argument is sex in movies, should be sex in games.
Then again, sex in movies doesn't show penetration, usually, sooooo.

The skybox in the country on a cloudy (but sunny) day is beautiful. They outdid Red Dead Redemption which is pretty remarkable. Plus the sun hitting the sand is so much brighter. This game can be really vibrant at times.

Gorillaz

There was dick in TLAD.

I don't think R* will rest until the Hot Coffee mini-game is fully playable.

Their argument is sex in movies, should be sex in games.
Then again, sex in movies doesn't show penetration, usually, sooooo.

It's almost like they were egged on to continue down the path lmao

Pacing is so good, way less sluggish than IV.

Also, still weird how they (early story spoilers)
completely bitched out Johnny Klebitz. Turned him from a badass motherfucker into a pathetic junkie. And Clay and Terry got treated as random mooks :/

Omni

I remember seeing a thread yesterday about a hidden message on the map or something. Anyone have a link? I didn't take any notice of it and now I can't findit

RDreamer

How the hell is this Trevor side mission possible?

You have to kill 25 rednecks. I've got to like 20, but that was tough as hell

Edit: Got it, and damn there's a rating for 45 on that!

Unicorn

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that they still haven't found a better method for vehicular weapon combat. I think I'd even prefer a simple lock-on that gravitates only toward people / tires / specific mission objectives. Because the camera is much too janky while the vehicle is moving.
Use Franklin slow-mo. You can shoot while it's like that. Much easier to get hits

Pacing is so good, way less sluggish than IV.

Also, still weird how they (early story spoilers)
completely bitched out Johnny Klebitz. Turned him from a badass motherfucker into a pathetic junkie. And Clay and Terry got treated as random mooks :/

I always thought
he was kind of a bitch, never could stand him. Probably my least favourite protagonist along with Vic Vance. Was so happy when Trevor stomped him out. Such an excellent way to introduce a character. Then proceeding to kill off the other two from TLaD, it was like out with the old in with the new. Nice fast paced mission too, the music was excellent at keeping the tempo up.

TRIATHLONS = AWESOME!

Won one with Trevor's slow ass. Biking is where your character seems to gain and jump ahead the most. So much fun though.

Shit just realized the time I should sleep.

I always thought
he was kind of a bitch, never could stand him. Probably my least favourite protagonist along with Vic Vance. Was so happy when Trevor stomped him out. Such an excellent way to introduce a character. Then proceeding to kill off the other two from TLaD, it was like out with the old in with the new. Nice fast paced mission too, the music was excellent at keeping the tempo up.

Like him or not, you can't deny they really cut his nuts off here.

Speaking of music, the score in this game is fantastic. Reminds me of 80s thrillers.

Also, is it possible to train chop and raise his happiness in game? The fucking app keeps resetting.

EDIT: I did a triathlon with Trevor at 60 stamina, I actually was about to win, until the dumbass fell over right before the finish line due to lack of stamina. Ended up coming 5th. That reminds me, the ragdolls really do seem toned down. They seem less weighty and more like your typical ragdolls.

maneil99

Got a bj from a hooker. Wow the shit they say is actually edgy as fuck. Also love the driving. You still need to respect the car but atleast you can control it

Fjordson

The skybox in the country on a cloudy (but sunny) day is beautiful. They outdid Red Dead Redemption which is pretty remarkable. Plus the sun hitting the sand is so much brighter. This game can be really vibrant at times.
Yeah, the weather is awesome.

I just saved as Franklin at his house and then woke up as the sun was setting and it was sort of foggy outside. It looked awesome.

Dusk when you're rolling down the freeway towards the sun looks amazing (especially if something like this is playing on the radio).

I just did the mission (Mission Spoilers) where

you break into Facebook and rig the prototype.

Holy shit this game is awesome.

All I'm doing tomorrow is shooting ranges with Franklin. Dude needs to practice his skillz.

Did I do this mission differently to everyone else? I've heard a lot of people say it was awesome, but it felt pretty routine to me.

After changing clothes, all I did was walk in with some brogrammer and fixed his computer before casually walking into the prototype room and then walked out.

jWILL253

Banned
Yeah, this game is amazing. GotY awards will be split between it and TLoU.

Someone should start a thread on what actors should play which character if this game is ever made into a movie.

I choose John Travolta for Michael...

I caved in an bought this for PS3 instead of waiting for PC.

The Graphics are noticeably jaggy at times I've found, however the atmosphere of the world negates it for me.. You can very easily lose yourself in this world.

Very happy with the purchase.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just started, got to the point where you first get
access to Michael

Question: does the game tell you when you boost your stats, or is it just some gradual unannounced change?

Riding up a mountain trail towards Chilliad's peak on a dirtbike struggling to make it up that steep hill is fun.

Then you get over the hump and realize you're only halfway up

:O

KaYotiX

Banned
I just did the mission (Mission Spoilers) where

you break into Facebook and rig the prototype.

Holy shit this game is awesome.

All I'm doing tomorrow is shooting ranges with Franklin. Dude needs to practice his skillz.

Shooting ranges are a blast, just finished them all with all 3 :p

GQman2121

Banned
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I think it's great how if you customize a car that it's seamlessly integrated into the missions.

I thought I had lost my sedan that I admittedly only invested 10 grand on, but was still enjoying, when I accepted a mission with Michael which required me to leave my vehicle behind and take off in a cop car. After the mission I returned to the scene and it was gone, so I assumed it was lost for good.

I messed around for the next hour before accepting my next mission from Michael's house. As I follow Jimmy out of the front door....boom....there's my custom sedan waiting for us right in the driveway.

Even better is that I park it at the beach for the mission; leave it; complete the mission where a number of different shit happens, and it's still there in the same spot, on the same radio station when I return.

Just amazing. And that mission was also my first adventure into the
ocean
which is just fucking unreal.

BraXzy

I cannot wait for GTA Online to come out. The single player is a complete enough package in itself. Having the huge new online mode will double the value. Dayum this game.

I really need to go to sleep and turn off my xbox, daylight is approaching :L

Like him or not, you can't deny they really cut his nuts off here.

Speaking of music, the score in this game is fantastic. Reminds me of 80s thrillers.

Also, is it possible to train chop and raise his happiness in game? The fucking app keeps resetting.

EDIT: I did a triathlon with Trevor at 60 stamina, I actually was about to win, until the dumbass fell over right before the finish line due to lack of stamina. Ended up coming 5th. That reminds me, the ragdolls really do seem toned down. They seem less weighty and more like your typical ragdolls.

I guess you are right there. That whole
"the meth has us!" speech was a total u-turn from how he was in TLaD, and although I never liked him - he did seem a bit of a pussy, shrugging around "I love her man" like a pre-teen.

I don't think you can train chop in game, which is a real pain. I'm having the same issue, the app seems really volatile atm. They need to do some updating asap.

That stamina thing is a nice touch but can get annoying in the worst of moments, like a lot of things in the game haha.
Don't get me wrong, i'm loving this so far but while having a character comedically fall over when jumping into a wall is funny, when it takes off the same amount of health as like 2 gunshots it's a bit annoying - especially given they just sacked off all the fast food places so it's a real pain filling up that last bit of health. These guys really can't take much punishment at all.

That and the gas tank explosion thing, sometimes I wish it set fire and left me time to bail out. I was trying to hit a jump near the docks and there's a train track over the run up, on like my third attempt the back end just flicked up and hit something, I dunno a sign I guess - it was too quick to tell because it clipped the gas tank and the car blew up.

---

Reposting for new page

Jachaos

Wow, they have the ''TONY HAAAAAAAAAAAWK, TONY HAAAAAAAAAAAWK'' song in there ! (I know it's actually Amoeba, but my young self didn't. Only learned that a year ago with THPS HD release and series talk actually) I was really happily surprised to hear it when changing radio stations.

does the stock trading actually work?

how realistic is it and/or viable for income

Can someone help with this? Seen it asked on several pages, asked myself a few pages back. Really seems neat but have no idea how to approach it.

Apparently a friend of mine said he made 400 000$ with it, don't know how true it is, but once you know Lester (?) and have to do missions for him, some of his missions offer opportunities for investing. For example, the LifeInvader mission where
you blow up the CEO
gets the stock market in a huge swing. Some missions will have small clues if you pay attention that it might be a good idea to invest in a specific company. Though sometimes you think they'll rise higher than they actually will. Again, haven't tried it for myself yet, but that's what he said he did and it makes sense when I think about some of the dialogue again.

I guess you are right there. That whole
"the meth has us!" speech was a total u-turn from how he was in TLaD, and although I never liked him - he did seem a bit of a pussy, shrugging around "I love her man" like a pre-teen.

I don't think you can train chop in game, which is a real pain. I'm having the same issue, the app seems really volatile atm. They need to do some updating asap.

That stamina thing is a nice touch but can get annoying in the worst of moments, like a lot of things in the game haha.
Don't get me wrong, i'm loving this so far but having a character comedically fall over when jumping into a wall is funny, but when it takes off the same as like 2 gunshots it's a bit annoying - especially given they just sacked off all the fast food places so it's a real pain filling up that last bit of health. These guys really can't take much punishment at all.

That and the gas tank explosion thing, sometimes I wish it set fire and left me time to bail out. I was trying to hit a jump near the docks and there's a train track over the run up, on like my third attempt the back end just flicked up and hit something, I dunno a sign I guess - it was too quick to tell because it clipped the gas tank and the car blew up.

---

Reposting for new page

Apart from health kits in your safehouse and a few other places, is there even any other way to restore health? Doesn't seem to be any enterable food joints.

Did I do this mission differently to everyone else? I've heard a lot of people say it was awesome, but it felt pretty routine to me.

After changing clothes, all I did was walk in with some brogrammer and fixed his computer before casually walking into the prototype room and then walked out.
It's not like a intense/revolutionary mission just really funny.

Branson

Coming from mainly PC games this year, the graphics were a shock at first. It's great how the mind and eyes adapt though and I'm now loving it. For consoles it's pretty great graphics wise and I'm loving the city and story. Playing on ps3 with a new super slim and damn this thing is quiet.

MYeager

Wow, they have the ''TONY HAAAAAAAAAAAWK, TONY HAAAAAAAAAAAWK'' song in there ! (I know it's actually Amoeba, but my young self didn't. Only learned that a year ago with THPS HD release and series talk actually) I was really happily surprised to hear it when changing radio stations.

Apparently a friend of mine said he made 400 000$ with it, don't know how true it is, but once you know Lester (?) and have to do missions for him, some of his missions offer opportunities for investing. For example, the LifeInvader mission where
you blow up the CEO
gets the stock market in a huge swing. Some missions will have small clues if you pay attention that it might be a good idea to invest in a specific company. Though sometimes you think they'll rise higher than they actually will. Again, haven't tried it for myself yet, but that's what he said he did and it makes sense when I think about some of the dialogue again.

Buy low, sell high. If for example LifeInvader stock takes a hit for some reason, you can buy much more of it for a cheaper price and when it rebounds, you make money selling the stock off.

Oh yeah, a small story. I finally found the airport earlier but the catch is I had 3 stars, so I had to rush and find a plane. After a few minutes of running, around I found one! I couldn't turn, so I backed up as much as I could and let it rip! Cleared the first two obstacles, just barely, and...!

one of my wings smash into the building causing the plane to crash down onto the roof and explode

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom