• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want any spoilers but I really hope I get something nice for this Children of the Mountain cult online. I gave them $4999 and now they want $9999 for the next step. I don't have that on me yet, lol.

Also if you see a armored truck keep shooting the back doors or place a charge on it and it will blow up. I got $6000 from one truck!

Can you not switch stances? Max Payne 3 had it but I know GTAIV didn't and can't remember if Red Dead did.

Also: How do you switch between responses on a email? It says "Pick a response" but so far I've only seen one option.

Gave in and gave this a rent on 360.

How anyone could say this runs buttery smooth is beyond me. About the only time the framerate is stable is if I'm standing in the corner and staring at the wall(yeah, yeah hyperbole). If you're the LEAST bit sensitive to framerates, do yourself a favor and wait for pc/next-gen.

Also, I'm just finding the story boring and free roam wreaking havoc is been there, done that. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents for what it's worth

I dont want any spoilers but I really hope I get something nice for this Children of the Mountain cult online. I gave them $4999 and now they want $9999 for the next step. I don't have that on me yet, lol.

Also if you see a armored truck keep shooting the back doors or place a charge on it and it will blow up. I got $6000 from one truck!

I killed the guy before he put the briefcase in the back and got $6000.

cdkee

Banned
It took me 10 minutes to drive (full speed) with an Infernus all the way around the map. Awesome. That sound when you drive through a tunnel. I love this game already.

Coop

I somehow got over 100k by buying stocks with Franklin. lol Think it was a glitch

First thing I did was pimp out my car

xanavi

What's the deal with security trucks? I hijacked one and blew the back doors off with sticky bombs and there was nothing inside.

webkid94

The game looks just stunning when you're driving along the highway during the day, and even during basically anything. I really like Franklin and Michael, but Trevor and his special ability make me want to use him much more often. Definitely liked how the heists are handled, and the whole replay value here is off the charts.

Thank god Rockstar implemented a skip function because
The plane landing with Trevor was just insane. Controls for flying are just terrible. Much like the chopper mission in GTA 4 when you had to shoot those guys off the boats.
. Anyways, I'm impressed so far despite the flying controls, the required install and some other minor quirks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could get shorter shorts for Franklin. These cargo shorts are cool, but not my Franklin's style.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I feel so betrayed.

My friend has been off in Tennessee since mid June. He was coming back today to spend a few days hanging out before starting his college semester up north. We were going to play Grand Theft Auto V tomorrow, because I had an evening class from 6 to 9 and a morning class tomorrow. We've been totally pumped about this, telling each other how absolutely baller that GTAV is going to be.

I get a text during class from another friend, saying simply, "umad?" I tell him jokingly that I'm smashing my keyboard and screaming in German, then I ask why. He tells me... "Because I'm at friend's place, and we're playing GTAV right now".
Imagine my throbbing heart when I read that text.

7503619a6a0d13d821a17f3ade200c60f6147b13_r.gif

The dolls are almost finished. I've been saving samples of their hair for just such an occasion, I just never thought I'd ever have to actually put this into motion. I know this is wrong. My hands are trembling as I am finishing these last few stitches. Please GAF, how can I stop this before it goes too far?

ironcreed

Banned
Man, the missions are great. Even the stranger missions are quality, instead of just filler. On top of that, random events happening everywhere add even more life and variety. So pleased with how this turned out.

They put sun showers in the game. I don't think I've ever seen this in an open world title before. Usually every time it's raining in one of this games it's ugly gray skies and no sun.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm all for more customisation, but some of these clothing options for each character can be a bit strange considering the character, there were some swell glasses that Trevor could buy that just look really out of place on him, but would look great on Franklin. There also seems to be some extra bits like watches and bracelets that aren't proper options and you can't actually buy any, so the only way to see them is if you put a certain piece of clothing on before then put on what you actually want to.

Wish there were more hairstyles and beards for each too, and we still don't seem to be able to get gloves, god damn, I remember wanting them in GTAIV when they were showing it off and Niko had gloves on, but it never made it into the full game.

Was flying around in my private jet when I saw a little cessna flying nearby. Got close to it and clipped its wings with my plane. Broke his wing off. He spiraled into a residential neighborhood and exploded. I feel bad.

zewone

I can't get passed the intro. My game crashes on 360 during the intro, no matter what combination of installing/not installing I do. This will be my 6th time going the first mission. :(

I was planning on waiting for the PC version but after the GB Quick Look, I caved.

While I wait on the install, any tips for making money? Stock market? Real Estate?

I just did the mission (Mission Spoilers) where

you break into Facebook and rig the prototype.

Holy shit this game is awesome.

All I'm doing tomorrow is shooting ranges with Franklin. Dude needs to practice his skillz.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Interesting to see the critiques of the driving system. After GTA IV's clunky and heavy pieces of metal im glad R actually listened and loosened that shit up. I no longer spin out like a madman and feel like i have control.

RIGHT DECISION

malfcn

I still don't understand the Challenges.
You can't see them until after the mission ends, and replaying the mission won't upload to Rockstar.
Then again, is there anything worth uploading to Rockstar?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Guys, how do I access the Social Club from within the game?

Can't seem to find the option anywhere.

BraXzy

Random event; Minor spoiler

So I helped a guy who got his bike stolen, gave it him back, he set off, I walk round the corner to see he got hit by a car and fell off his bike. I decided he wasn't very good at keeping hold of it so I took it for myself.

Now I just got an email from him thanking me for helping and letting me know he is rich, I'm gettin $100k reward. HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom