• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to remove some weapons from your "inventory?" I'd kinda like to just carry around the basics sometimes, rather than carry a huge arsenal. That, and there are some weapons I just don't really wanna use, and they're just taking up space.

Jarmel

Banned
I like Frankie so far. He's level headed and tries to use common sense in situations that desperately call for it. A needed retreat from the usual protagonist!

He's good in the context of his missions as he points out how stupid some of these situations are but he's vastly outshined by Trevor and Michael.

bender

What time is it?
Franklin isn't that good of a character in general.

Before meeting Trevor, Franklin was the best by default but that isn't saying much. I haven't liked GTA characters this generation. Playboy X was the only one I liked in IV. Maybe I'm just having a problem marrying the over-the-top personalities with the more realistic presentation in these last two entries. Trevor does seem promising though.

Joeki11a

Banned
Only played about an hour and half, but I'm already enjoying it more than GTA IV. Haven't played as Trevor yet, but I'm really liking Michael and Franklin.

Any word on total length of the game? I'm guessing about 30 hours like IV was, but I'm not sure.

Gerts said 25-30 and he didnt do side missions

Sessler said 60 hours but you can tell he
was gawking for 30 hours

antitrop

I about to meet Trevor :D And I hope I don't eventually have to kill Lamar, I like that guy
There's nothing specific in the game that I've played that would lead me to believe this, other than just his basic personality, but there is no way that guy is getting through this plot alive.

He's good in the context of his missions as he points out how stupid some of these situations are but he's vastly outshined by Trevor and Michael.
I totally agree. I haven't met Trevor yet, but Michael is by far my favorite character so far, maybe even favorite Protagonist. Franklin's probably the worst of the three, but I don't think he's TOO bad! :)

Megasoum

Banned
Time to stop for the day and give my Launch Fat Retro Compat 60 gig PS3 a much needed rest for the night. She was great all day and deserves a cookie.

That locks on to something; I just mean regular crouching when I want to.

I don't think you can. AFAIK all you can do is go in "stealth mode" by clicking on L3 (or Left Stick on 360).

Joeki11a

Banned
My brother was watching a Twitch.tv stream earlier and a few people in the chat were saying how they hate Franklin's missions because they can't relate to all of the "ebonics".

This really is San Andreas 2!

Rockstar assumes those white kids are like
michaels son

Jarmel

Banned
I totally agree. I haven't met Trevor yet, but Michael is by far my favorite character so far, maybe even favorite Protagonist. Franklin's probably the worst of the three, but I don't think he's TOO bad! :)

He might have been fine in a game by himself where he was the lead but he's in a game with Michael who is probably the best protagonist Rockstar has ever done and Trevor who makes all the other GTA protagonists look like pussies.

Jedi2016

Anybody else having audio issues on PS3? The 5.1 sound mixing is really weird, where I can barely hear sounds that are supposed to be coming from center channel. Things like cars and even gunshots are dead quiet, and unless I'm having a conversation in a car or a cutscene, I can barely hear a word anyone says. It's like the center channel isn't being used at all (the clear audio from cutscenes is coming from front stereo, not center).

I'd switch the game to stereo if I could, but it's 5.1 or nothing. It looks like the game has a lot of options until you actually need to change something important, and then the options feel gimped.

I also wish it had fully customizable controls. I HATE using DS triggers to drive, but none of the game's control presets will allow me to switch to using the buttons. Activating the special abilities is clunky, too.. there's a reason hardly any games use L3 and R3.

Aside from that, though, I'm having a blast.

Is anyone else using the Pulse Elite Headset on the PS3 version?
If so, does the extra bass or whatever it is called not seem to really be working at all? I actually upgraded to the GTA V setting for the Pulse Elite itself, was in a patch I automatically downloaded thanks to +, and it just seems like the game has no bass now. Even if I choose another mode. Is it intentional?

The GTAV setting definitely isn't using bassimpact at all for me, but when I switch to any other profile it works fine. I like bassimpact so I've just been using the Game setting for now. Seems kind of weird though. Wonder if it's intentional or something. As far as I know the profiles don't affect anything other than bassimpact levels

Lol Michael...Nama...gofuckyourself

...shit just got real where im at in the story...

Voice actors: (will spoiler for the really sensitive)

Is it Zach Galafanakis as Lester and Jonah Hill as Michaels son?

antitrop

5+ gameplay hours (adding up the character's stat clocks) and 11% completion. I'm kind of exhausted, it's a stressful game. Tiring on the eyes, and the fingers, and the mind.

What a day. Can't wait to wake up early and play more. In the OT2, baby, we're there already.

Fjordson

Sorry to re-ask this but the thread is flying: anyone know how to change responses to emails and texts on the phone? It says up top "Choose Your Response" but I'm not seeing how to do it.

Joeki11a

Banned
Game is fun, but Im not gonna lie.. it looks like utter dog shit. When you start putting in nice lighting and increased polygons you gotta sacrifice some things.. in this case they completely cut out AA. I feel like Im gonna cut myself on the jaggies of this game.

If they announce the next gen version in less than a month Im gonna throw a bitch fit.. and then buy it like a god damn lemming. God damn it Rockstar, so close to next gen... so close. Why didn't they wait 2 months?!?!

Put it this way

Go boot up GTA G tony...that looks like a PS2
Game compared to GTA V

-Kees-

I've done nothing but free roam as Franklin for 3 hours unfogging the map. The highlight being flying the atomic blimp and landing it on top of the tallest building while Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now" was playing at night and just looking out over the city for a bit.

Prologue

The drifting feels like burnout paradise. Still having trouble not overdoing it though.

Auto lock on shouldn't be default and I hope it doesn't carry into online play.

kiryani

Does everyone else dress and tat their characters quite a bit differently than default? Im not entirely sure what led me to my choices but It's so much fun

Franklin : Black shirt , Black jeans , diamond earrings. Perfect hair, pimped out car. Tattoos all gel well together

Michael : scruffy beard and hair , shirt and cargo shorts, standard car and no tats, tired looking

Trevor : Dirty wifebeater, camo shorts , ridiculous tats that make no sense , tractor.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Its funny how much Michael sounds like Henry Rollins when he gets excitable.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does everyone else dress and tat their characters quite a bit differently than default? Im not entirely sure what led me to my choices but It's so much fun

Franklin : Black shirt , Black jeans , diamond earrings. Perfect hair, pimped out car. Tattoos all gel well together

Michael : scruffy beard and hair , shirt and cargo shorts, standard car and no tats, tired looking

Trevor : Dirty wifebeater, camo shorts , ridiculous tats that make no sense , tractor.

For some reason I am just attached to how they looked in the trailers, so I don't really want to mess with hair or beards. They seem to swap clothes automatically as well switching around so I just roll with it.

Fjordson

You can buy jewelry? Nice.

Megasoum

Banned
For some reason I am just attached to how they looked in the trailers, so I don't really want to mess with hair or beards. They seem to swap clothes automatically as well switching around so I just roll with it.

Yeah same for me. I changed both Michael and Franklin at the start and ended up going back to default. I've watched those trailers so many times in the last 2 years, I'm really attached to those characters.

I do want to put a mullet and a redneck moustache on Trevor tho lol.

Loakum

Banned
I get soooo wrapped up into playing GTAV, and I'm just at the beginning of the game. The graphics are amazing, especially for a sandbox game with 6 over year old hardware.

RDreamer

I have to say that it's very easy to marathon this game. I haven't really played a game for this many hours in a day in a looooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom