• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
omg trevor has the best clothes by farrrrrr. i wish i could get some of this stuff on franklin.

Aleph

Something I noticed: if you don't equip any weapon while in a vehicle, and press L1 or LB, the character will do "the middle finger".

eival

Good god Rockstar, why can't you make good controls on fucking anything?

I just want to go to sleep, and I have to land a goddamned plane to do it. Holy shit this couldn't be worse.

just quick save from the phone

going to your house to sleep/save is so 2008

Fjordson

Does this game still track stats and deaths?
I finished a mission and bumped into someone that jumped me and before I knew it I was wasted. Woke up at the hospital and -$15. Is that the only penalty?
Pretty much. Past games was just money and weapons wasn't it? Now you keep all your weapons.

Banzai

It's weird that it doesn't actually bother me much that my game will arrive today, not yesterday, or 2 days ago like amazon promised. My hype for IV was so unhealthily high i wouldn't have made it another hour.

joe2187

Banned
So I was roaming the mountains in a Hot BF Injector off road buggy, and I get to the very top and take a gander at the wonderful vista and contemplate my next move while admiring the ocean view. I take a glance at the trail and I see a hiker, so I think....lets mug him.

I pick my weapon, and start running and then I hear it...

That sound

That sound that haunted me in my nightmares in RDR

The unmistakable growl of a mountain lion.

I try to make a brake for the car

but then it is already too late, the beast is upon me and I am

wasted.

eival

Loving the game, but they definitely need to patch it and increase the text size for the tutorial prompts early in the game. Have to basically stop playing to look over and read them.

switch your 360 settings to 720p output, PS3 should be 720 by default

i know it's dumb but I think the reason it took my so long to get through the beginning of Franklin's missions because I changed outfits for every one. Cruisin around listening to "What a Fool Believes" just brings back what I love about GTA. I think skipping almost every other open world game this gen other than RDR (with a little Infamous 2 and LA Noire peppered in there) has worked out nicely for me. I don't feel fatigued on the genre at all.

Menus and UI seem a little wonkier than I would like. The map takes too long to load into. Does the QuickSave using the smartphone act the same as sleeping in your home? Or is it more of a temporary autosave type of deal?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Aiming with guns and turning in the car feel funky to anyone else? I can't seem to make super small adjustments with the sticks, have to push them pretty far till they respond. Dropped my controller a couple days ago, maybe I buggered it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Been a helluva long day for me. I wish I could keep playing but my eyes are crossing and I feel like I'm going to fall out. Good news is I've got the rest of the week off.

soooo_good.gif

See you all in OT2

rouken

Ok. It's just going crazy when driving and it has to read all the data, beeping all the time, think it could be the laser or something focusing all the time... I dunno.

yup, my ps3 also does that. beeping like crazy. thank god i couldn't here it due to the game audio

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

JLG-

As someone who grew up in Compton i can tell you they got the Compton Courthouse down perfectly with statue and all. They even have City hall and the Sheriff station right next to it.

kwixzUTl.jpg

I geeked out a bit.
3AQmK.gif

Ballistik

So one full day of release and already heading to OT2..

For those who solely played the missions, how far in percentage did you guys get? I just turned off my xbox and got to 26%

Unicorn

So I've ran around to a bunch of different communities and found that a very small portion of PS3 players are having horrible FPS issues.

If the crowd is large enough here maybe we should organize a thread to collect info on everyone's PS3 and submit a helpful and formal bug report to Rockstar.
Honestly the FPS I'm getting feels like RDR (not good). Mainly, it's the city, but it shouldn't ship if it's headache inducing. Thieves Landing was unbearable in RDR and while it isn't as bad as that, it's still too noticeable.

UnrealEck

My PS3 is still doing well but I'm not a big console gamer so I don't play it much. It's one of the original fat models.
My Xbox360 is one of the launch models and it still works but I've played that even less than my PS3 because I don't even have a controller for it.

If the next consoles don't have a lot of directed cooling I think they're going to have problems again.

Honestly the FPS I'm getting feels like RDR (not good). Mainly, it's the city, but it shouldn't ship if it's headache inducing. Thieves Landing was unbearable in RDR and while it isn't as bad as that, it's still too noticeable.

Some people find low-mid 20s framerate playable while others feels it's not acceptable.

Personally I can tolerate it since it doesn't drop very low like in the teens.

Unicorn

Some people find low-mid 20s framerate playable while others feels it's not acceptable.

Personally I can tolerate it since it doesn't drop very low like in the teens.
It's rough straining to focus while blazing in a sports car. Thankfully Franklin's slowmo can mitigate it most of the time. I already maxed it out (level up?) after and hour of playing.

It's rough straining to focus while blazing in a sports car. Thankfully Franklin's slowmo can mitigate it most of the time. I already maxed it out (level up?) after and hour of playing.

It doesn't help that shooting while driving is quite difficult to pull off. Wish it was more like SR3, didn't have any problems with that game.

malfcn

Loading is actually pretty cool.
One time walked out a smoke shop in different clothes.
Next time I was doing pull-ups on the beach in sweatpants.

And Franklin's ability was maxed after like 2 missions. That was faster than expected.

GQman2121

Banned
Aiming with guns and turning in the car feel funky to anyone else? I can't seem to make super small adjustments with the sticks, have to push them pretty far till they respond. Dropped my controller a couple days ago, maybe I buggered it.

I'm good with the free aiming. But a lot of the sports cars do feel like they're rear wheel drive. It's definitely a change from the last game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it time for a new thread (OT2)?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom