• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, OT! I don't know what is worst. Yesterday, with the hype having me excited as holy hell, waiting to get off of work, or the entire day today, with feeling the game lives exactly up to the hype, waiting to go home to play more.

Anyway, today sucks, too!

Ehm, yesterday was worse with worrying I wouldn't be able to buy the game anywhere. Only managed to get in an hour before I had to go to sleep yesterday though. I'll get into it proper tonight I guess. Only one more day of work for this week... not so hard to get through that on a tiny bit of sleep...

Dukey

Banned
Did you get any screens?

Nope, no capture devices. This is when the PS4/XB1 record features will come in handy. What's funny is that the game wouldnt let me shoot the Aunt(s), but it did let me pummel her. Each Aunt that came out said the same exact thing too. Something about a new exercise routine.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
When I do this with Trevor he dies instantly, every time. If I'm running and jump then press B, I'm 'Wasted' even if I don't touch anything, I don't even get to hit the floor, just dead in mid-air from full health.
I also got killed by a shop door at full health, so yeah, I think I broke Trevor :(
Had no issues with other characters, weird.

withnailandi.gif

"I have a heart condition. If I run and jump then press B, it'll be murder."

I don't think you can

I jumped the gun. After further testing, you can only really do it on the bigger flat roof trucks like ambulances, food/shipping trucks, etc. But even those throw you off sometimes when the drivers go into "panicked high speed driving" mode. IDK, it feels random.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I jumped the gun. After further testing, you can only really go it on the bigger flat roof trucks like ambulances, food/shipping trucks, etc. But even those throw you off sometimes when the drivers go into "panicked high speed driving" mode. IDK, it feels random.

We need to test this on Blimps. IMMEDIATELY.

I have a question about a mission that is roughly 10% into the game...

I just hacked that database or whatever for the first Lester mission, and it told me to go back to the crib and watch some TV. Well, I am stuck at a checkpoint that begins with my character watching tv with no way of turning it off. It forced me to watch that iFuit speech for like 5 minutes until it tells me I failed the mission and that "Michael failed to detonate the phone." What am I doing wrong? :(

Nevermind I totally realized what I was doing wrong. It tells me to call
Norris, not Lester

Teknoman

So where is the stamina bar anyway? All I see is health, armor, and special. Unless stamina is hidden. Also the crosshair needs to be made more visible/larger in a patch or something. Even in complex mode, sometimes when shooting from cars, its pretty hard to see.

And yeah, you have to sit pretty close to the TV to read cell phone text among other things. Was like that in GTAIV too.

eival

I'm on PS3 running at 720p on a 720p TV - it's nothing to do with resolution, it's just a very small font size.

well it works on a 1080p native tv since it has to enlarge it to fill the screen.

you could try reducing it to 480p

also, purchasing a silencer is the best investment, been able to shoot people right out in the open without cops alerted

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have a question about a mission that is roughly 10% into the game...

I just hacked that database or whatever for the first Lester mission, and it told me to go back to the crib and watch some TV. Well, I am stuck at a checkpoint that begins with my character watching tv with no way of turning it off. It forced me to watch that iFuit speech for like 5 minutes until it tells me I failed the mission and that "Michael failed to detonate the phone." What am I doing wrong? :(
Stupid question... but are you pressing up on the d-pad? (use the cellphone)

Fjordson

I just realized I'm supposed to get bonus weapons from the special edition. How early on in the game can I pick these up and where are they?

Madness

I just realized I'm supposed to get bonus weapons from the special edition. How early on in the game can I pick these up and where are they?

Right as soon as you download the special edition pack. It'll come up like 'special edition content' available etc.

Just visit any Ammu-Nation store and they're in the top right of the racks. They're fully upgraded and free too. Meaning you get a full flashlight, extended mag and suppressor shotgun, pistol and smg type rifle.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So my first GTAV session ended up being 12 hours... pretty lame compared to so many other gaming sessions I've had with other games, BUT work has come in the way :( So here I am, with two hours of sleep in my body, trying to work (failing... I keep coming back for some more GAF every 30 seconds).

5 more hours till I can continue this game... I'll try and mash in another 12 or so hours whenever I get home!

SHIT, I WISH IT WAS WEEKEND.

I am actually wondering. Will Rockstar be able to handle all the millions of requests of the iFruit app? It needs to save plates, car customization, free coupons etc. Even if they fix it, I kind of doubt they will stay online for a long time.

After getting in 3 hours last night, its going to be fucking torture at work today, waiting to jump in. The game is fucking incredible so far, I went sat on top of a mountain, with the sun setting and just listening to the radio ffs....

What other game does that as well?

Fjordson

Right as soon as you download the special edition pack. It'll come up like 'special edition content' available etc.

Just visit any Ammu-Nation store and they're in the top right of the racks. They're fully upgraded and free too. Meaning you get a full flashlight, extended mag and suppressor shotgun, pistol and smg type rifle.

Ammu-Nation, on the wall.
Oh shit, did not know that, awesome.

Suppressor shotguns are so awesome, been using the basic one with a suppressor so far.

Jindrax

I am actually wondering. Will Rockstar be able to handle all the millions of requests of the iFruit app? It needs to save plates, car customization, free coupons etc. Even if they fix it, I kind of doubt they will stay online for a long time.

You know I always wonder about this, same with MMO's.
When you release this stuff, don't you even roughly calculate how much server capacity you need? So howcome when it release it theres ALWAYS problems with servers not handling the stress. But after 2 weeks when they get upgrades it's fine...

Madness

I spent like 45 minutes playing tennis with Michael against his wife. Never lost a game/set etc. 6-0 every time. I can't even imagine what they'll pack in for next gen. Golfing, cycling, tennis, swimming, shooting, diving etc.

Also here is the secret message on the back of the map with the collectors edition. Not really a spoiler anymore after launch. Happy treasure hunting or whatever it is.

"T.P.E – Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear. Lago Zancudo Great Ocean Highway North through North Chumash 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon<— when guard rail ends follow the dirt road down the docks Bring $500,000 cash xxxxx"

eival

driving with Michael when you first unlock him post-tutorial, it seems like the lower driving stat actually provides BETTER handling, far less loose than with Franklin in the same cars.

new thread time
Holy shit that was quick.

Loving the game so far, even if its understated compared to others I've been playing as of late. Rockstar's world and character building has only improved with time though.

I also think this is the best driving ever, and not at all like Saints Row, nor is it like GTA4 either. I'd compare it more to Midnight Club, but with more weight and less crazy drifting.

ekim

Just unlocked Trevor yesterday and so far, the missions are the best I've ever seen in an open world game. (Liveinvader... :) )

And I laughed out loud when I first brought up Trevors phone...
A Windows phone? Really?

jwtsonga

Seeing all you guys having to go to work - I feel much better now.

Even though I can't begin play until Friday, I actually have 9 days off after that. So I can properly enjoy it without work/study getting in the way, unlike a lot of you guys. HYPED.

Acorn

Anyone else having problems with in the game tv shows and movies having absurdly low volume? even if I max the volume on the in game stuff I struggle to hear it.

jwtsonga

Because of DVD size limitations, the audio and videos will have low bitrate on xbox. PS3 has bluray so the videos and audio is higher bitrate and surround 5.1

SpaceHorror

I know a lot of people here were wondering about getting the goatee for Michael for De Niro in "Heat" or Walt White reasons (or just because a goatee is awesome) and some suggested it was limited to the SE/CE versions of the game. Well, not sure if it has been reported yet but it's available in the standard edition as well.

I found it at a higher end barber shop, specifically the one to the right of the street Michael lives on if you take a left out of his drive way.

ekim

Anyone else having problems with in the game tv shows and movies having absurdly low volume? even if I max the volume on the in game stuff I struggle to hear it.

I noticed that too. For me, it helped when I changed the audio settings in the options menu to TV speakers instead of surround, which was the default value. (assuming you don't have a surround sound system)

saunderez

I know a lot of people here were wondering about getting the goatee for Michael for De Niro in "Heat" or Walt White reasons (or just because a goatee is awesome) and some suggested it was limited to the SE/CE versions of the game. Well, not sure if it has been reported yet but it's available in the standard edition as well.

I found it at a higher end barber shop, specifically the one to the right of the street Michael lives on if you take a left out of his drive way.
Yeah I've rocking that goatee ever since barber shops unlocked, hopefully I can upload some photos later if the servers aren't being hammered.

ekim

Some questions in spoiler tags (I just unlocked Trevor for freeroam):
The money from the first heist - will it be added to the normal account of money you can see when you try to buy something?
Can I buy cars for my garage anywhere and can I buy new garages?

Septimius

So my first GTAV session ended up being 12 hours... pretty lame compared to so many other gaming sessions I've had with other games, BUT work has come in the way :( So here I am, with two hours of sleep in my body, trying to work (failing... I keep coming back for some more GAF every 30 seconds).

5 more hours till I can continue this game... I'll try and mash in another 12 or so hours whenever I get home!

SHIT, I WISH IT WAS WEEKEND.

4 hours of sleep here. I KNOW. I just want to flip a table and leave! I know there's a cookie and half a Snickers-bar waiting for me when I get home from yesterday, so I'm just keeping my thoughts positive. It did really work, yesterday, saying "I can leave once I have done this". I think I'll do the same today. Then I can push myself, and not be bored at the same time.

And I'll probably check GAF and if the Fruit app works once a minute, though

I noticed that too. For me, it helped when I changed the audio settings in the options menu to TV speakers instead of surround, which was the default value. (assuming you don't have a surround sound system)

Ooh. Thanks for this.

Yoshichan

|OT2| any second now?!

saunderez

Some questions in spoiler tags (I just unlocked Trevor for freeroam):
The money from the first heist - will it be added to the normal account of money you can see when you try to buy something?
Can I buy cars for my garage anywhere and can I buy new garages?
Yes you get the money in your bank account. You can buy cars on the internet and store them in your garage. And yes you can buy new garages . They pretty much thought of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom