• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
READ THIS PEOPLE

You might get PMs from random people on Youtube. DO NOT READ THESE MESSAGES. They contain GTA5 spoilers.

Why would someone do this :'(

READ THIS PEOPLE

Septimius

Top of the page it says;

Watch stock prices fluctuate in real-time as buyers and sellers react to in-game activity.

This means that events such as the early LifeInvader mission will impact stock prices. It seems all stocks on BAWLSAQ (sorry, BAWSAQ) fluctuate in very determined ways. It means if the stock is moving upwards, it'll keep moving upwards until it starts moving downwards. Then it'll keep moving downwards.

The other exchange seems to fluctuate heavily, and seems to be the "reactive" stocks, like LifeInvader. Seems like the BAWSAQ might be common for all players, maybe based on RL date, or is pushed from the server. But you cannot see the stock price of LifeInvader on Social Club because it's unique to each player.

EDIT: BAWSAQ might be player-determined?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, where are all the bikes? Have only seen one or two riding by up until now.
I always find plenty of bikes near the shores, more specifically close to the funfair!

Fjordson

I just saw that the stocks thing is also on Social Club:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq

Does this mean, the market price is determined through the buying/selling behavior of people playing the game worldwide?
Yep. There's one stock market (can't remember the name) based on what happens in your game world only (and story missions can affect that) whereas the BAWSAQ market is affected by stats by everyone playing tracked by the Social Club.

Yoshichan

Got hit yourself?
Did this happen to you? :'(((
Yes, but don't worry! Nothing was spoiled because I blurred my eyes out as soon as I realized it was some troll trying to spoil it for me. I've learned to master my eye-blurring technique from the 'ol MGS4 days :lol

Septimius

Yes, but don't worry! Nothing was spoiled because I blurred my eyes out as soon as I realized it was some troll trying to spoil it for me. I've learned to master my eye-blurring technique from the 'ol MGS4 days :lol

Delicious! I have the same ability with audio. Once I was talking to a guy in a video-game store about BioShock. And he started blurting out the biggest spoiler in the game. I just blanked out. My friend stepped in and said "wowow, don't spoil it for him. He said he's currently playing it."

Yep. There's one stock market (can't remember the name) based on what happens in your game world only (and story missions can affect that) whereas the BAWSAQ market is affected by stats by everyone playing tracked by the Social Club.

That's awesome. Although, I guess it won't work for a while :/

Yoshichan

Delicious! I have the same ability with audio. Once I was talking to a guy in a video-game store about BioShock. And he started blurting out the biggest spoiler in the game. I just blanked out. My friend stepped in and said "wowow, don't spoil it for him. He said he's currently playing it."
This shit is crazy, fuck video-game stores man! Your ignore-ability is impressive if you didn't get affected by that though, nice job!

Hackbert

finally.. package will arrive tomorrow. seems someone wants me to rather use the day to learn than play the game... wow 40x Pages do´nt happen that often..

Yoshichan

BY THE FUCKING WAY. I wanted to post this as soon as I finished the mission but I was too excited to do so...

First mission spoilers!

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THEY STARTED THE GAME WITH A THREE LEAF CLOVER-TYPE MISSION. ROCKSTAR KNEW WHAT WAS UP. They fucking KNEW it was the greatest mission in GTAIV and thus they started GTAV with a HUGE BAM!!

^Shit got me so excited, I started clapping my hands during some of the moments. Fucking brilliant, Rockstar... BRILLIANT.

Yoshichan

maybe next time you wont be so cheap.
Hey! A couple of hours ago, I poured down like $500 on a stripper girl! I'm not cheap (when it comes to the important stuff...

gonna call it a night....which really doesn't mean much cause it's past 5am lol

Just finished the mission where Trevor reunites with Michael. Also did my 1st therapy session after I finished the mission

Yoshichan

Alsoooooo, I love the transition from gameplay to cutscenes and vice-versa. I remember first experiencing this in MGS4 and thought "hey, why won't every game do this?!"... it really works in GTA! I've always hated how the screen goes black and how the game loads before every mission. This makes it so smooth and cinematic.

About the jewel mission:
I didn't notice a missing bag and I'm pretty sure, everyone made it to the vanish point.

It happens if
you hire the cheaper gunman, it's Rockstar's way of saying "if you skimp out on crew, there will be consequences" since the money he drops is far more than you'd lose by hiring a gunman that demands 7% more of the cut

Madness

READ THIS PEOPLE

You might get PMs from random people on Youtube. DO NOT READ THESE MESSAGES. They contain GTA5 spoilers.

Why would someone do this :'(

READ THIS PEOPLE

When halo 4 leaked, people spammed the hell out of YouTube and Twitter with spoilers. Like just st random. So like if you posted, can't wait for Halo 4, some guy would retweet you with the story spoiled and you'd see you got a message and open it and bam!

Ever since the Snape drive by spoiling video I saw like 7+ years ago, I know to avoid most unmoderated social networks and media.

Septimius

Alsoooooo, I love the transition from gameplay to cutscenes and vice-versa. I remember first experiencing this in MGS4 and thought "hey, why won't every game do this?!"... it really works in GTA! I've always hated how the screen goes black and how the game loads before every mission. This makes it so smooth and cinematic.

Totally agree. Makes the world seem persistent and self-driven. Not just sitting there, waiting for you to come by.

Yoshichan

It happens if
you hire the cheaper gunman, it's Rockstar's way of saying "if you skimp out on crew, there will be consequences" since the money he drops is far more than you'd lose by hiring a gunman that demands 7% more of the cut
God damn it, Rockstaaaaaaaaaaaar! :lol

Madness

OH fuck! I just clicked your guys spoiler text. Regarding first heist.

I picked the shitty gunman because Lester was like this doesn't really matter since we'll go out guns blazing either way or something. He had a low cut, does that mean I get screwed out of a lot of money during the jewel heist? Anyway to change the decision once you confirm it at the bulletin board?

Yoshichan

Oh, and I hate lens flare in games/movies... but why do I love it in this game?! It looks so natural, so clean, so beautifuuuuuuuul :_:

If I have one minor complaint about the
jewel mission
:

Throwing the gas canisters were a pain since there was no arch/trajectory marker

SJRB

Gold Member
It happens if

But either the driver or Franklin scoops up the bag after the gunman crashes. He specifically says so after they loose the cops. So the split is even higher because they have one less man to share with.

Cheap gunman or not, the heist was 100% succesful. At least, for me it was. Perhaps this is dynamic?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you thought Trevor looked like Jack Nicholson before, throw the sunglasses on that son of a bitch and he's the spitting image.

Yoshichan

If I have one minor complaint about the
jewel mission
:

Throwing the gas canisters were a pain since there was no arch/trajectory marker
I was a moron on that mission,
I forgot that I had to throw it all the way to the other side... I kept dropping the canister on the spot where the yellow destination marker was!

red731

tumblr_mrz1ls7yal1s880afo1_500.gif

Any minute...any minute...

Yoshichan

During one of the earlier missions (~12%) with the
hacker
, he mentions other
robbers... did he describe Niko Bellic at the end :lol?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
During one of the earlier missions with the
hacker
, he mentions other
robbers... did he describe Niko Bellic at the end :lol?

Heh. Just wait until you get to play as Trevor.
Really? When I first played that mission the exchange went:

"Where's the bag?"

"Back with the bike."

"Eaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhh."

I don't remember the exact words, but I'm pretty sure I got it as
Franklin

and it's something like

"Ah shit!"

"Don't worry, I got his bag"

"See I told you this was a good idea!"

But either the driver or Franklin scoops up the bag after the gunman crashes. He specifically says so after they loose the cops. So the split is even higher because they have one less man to share with.

Cheap gunman or not, the heist was 100% succesful. At least, for me it was. Perhaps this is dynamic?

It must be dynamic, it didn't happen for me.

God I miss GTA already. A couple of hours and I'll be back in, played until around midnight yesterday and I noticed that in around 4 hours of gameplay I already did much more stuff yesterday than during the first 4 hours in GTA IV.

Yoshichan

Lol. We were
on bikes. That shit went flying when he fell off. No retrieving that
Stupid
cheap gunners!

I love that aiming + driving is tricky in this game. It's not easy in real life (I WOULD ASSUME, of course :p), so it shouldn't be easy in GTA5!

Also, I keep checking Ammu-Nation to see when the parachute is available! I WANT THAT SHIT STAT!

Nah, I think it's kind of dumb that shooting in general is so easy (I'm not complaining, I don't like playing 1st/3rd person shooters with a gamepad, so the generous auto-aim is fine by me) but on a car it gets exponentially harder.

Really? When I first played that mission the exchange went:

"Where's the bag?"

"Back with the bike."

"Eaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhh."

When I played it
Franklin definitely picked up the money and told Michael about it when he asked. I wonder if the money was actually visible on the street when the guy wiped out, but I didn't see anything

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom