• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimius

Because of DVD size limitations, the audio and videos will have low bitrate on xbox. PS3 has bluray so the videos and audio is higher bitrate and surround 5.1

They might be 'higher bitrate', I wouldn't know because I haven't tried the 360 version, but the PS3 has tons of low bitrate audio. And it sucks. Also, surround is computed, not recorded.

ekim

Yes you get the money in your bank account. You can buy cars on the internet and store them in your garage. And yes you can buy new garages.

Thanks!
Just wondering:
That means I have 200k on both Michael's and Franklin's account - what to do with all that money? I seems to be too much - getting money to tune your car is pretty much no challenge now. But I guess I will just buy stocks and estates

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In the jewel
heist can you pickup the bag that is dropped by the guy who crashes
?
I was wondering this as well!
There was like $100k in that bag! My heart fell into the ground as I drove past his corpse :(

jono51

Banned
Quick question: does anyone know if there are any Car Theft side missions/lists like in the previous GTA's? Don't think I've come across any so far.

saunderez

Thanks!
Just wondering:
That means I have 200k on both Michael's and Franklin's account - what to do with all that money? I seems to be too much - getting money to tune your car is pretty much no challenge now. But I guess I will just buy stocks and estates
Buy properties, buy and upgrade cars and store them in garages for your fleet. Also buy weapons and ammo, mods for the guns, armour etc. It might look like a lot of money but it's easy to spend

re: first heist money bag

I didn't even see any bag on the floor or anything but Franklin picked that shit up somehow. He talked about it during the mission too. Michael asks him what happened to the bag and Franklin's like "I managed to pick it up"

Michael's cut was over 700k too

saunderez

I didn't even see any bag on the floor or anything but Franklin picked that shit up somehow. He talked about it during the mission too. Michael asks him what happened to the bag and Franklin's like "I managed to pick it up"

I was so gutted when I found out how much cash I lost. Ah well 2nd play through I'll nail it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Spoiler tag that please!

Also, DAAAAAAAAAMN! That's crazy!

I've never died this much off mission from random crap in a GTA game before. It's brutal. Crashes, flying through the windshield, flying off the bike, Euphoria tripping, busting your head on the concrete a few times, animals, the gotdamn train, big damage or explosions if you take a jump incorrectly, sharks, crazy driving peds, systemic police chases running you off the road in the mountains, etc. etc. It's hard out there for a protagonist. I feel super fragile now. Does Armor help in any of those situations?

ekim

About the jewel mission:
I didn't notice a missing bag and I'm pretty sure, everyone made it to the vanish point.

saunderez

I've never died this much off mission from random crap in a GTA game before. It's brutal. Crashes, flying through the windshield, flying off the bike, Euphoria tripping, busting your head on the concrete a few times, animals, the gotdamn train, big damage or explosions if you take a jump incorrectly, sharks, crazy driving peds, systemic police chases running you off the road in the mountains, etc. etc. It's hard out there for a protagonist. I feel super fragile now. Does Armor help in any of those situations?
A bit. But yeah its kinda refreshing to be vulnerable to your environment, very much like real life. It's a dangerous world out there.

Madness

The only two gripes I have with this game are jaggies and sharpness. What's it called? Aliasing I think? And the shooting while driving mechanics. That's literally the worst thing about the game. Otherwise I love everything else. Really improved on everything about GTA IV and Red Dead.

Yoshichan

I love that aiming + driving is tricky in this game. It's not easy in real life (I WOULD ASSUME, of course :p), so it shouldn't be easy in GTA5!

Also, I keep checking Ammu-Nation to see when the parachute is available! I WANT THAT SHIT STAT!

ShogunX

In the jewel
heist can you pickup the bag that is dropped by the guy who crashes
?

I think it might depend on the
team you hire. I went for the best driver (street racing dude), best hacker but worst gunman and obviously chose the stealth approach, The gunman fucked up and crashed his bike near the tunnels but the Driver picked up the bag. Michael ended up with a 700k cut.

Lisker

I'm not sure about respawning but you can park them in parking spaces outside houses and other buildings besides inside garages and they'll be there when you leave and return.
I think if your car is left somewhere or destroyed, it's gone.

Actually if you leave your car parked somewhere for a long time, it get's impounded. You get a text saying you can pick it up.

You then have to pay the 250 dollar fee and you get your car back.

I was in awe when that happened.

Is anyone having trouble with auto saving in GTAV? My Xbox keeps wanting me to choose storage device when the game auto saves. It even restarted saying something about an error and that I should reinstall if it happened again. Needless to say, I instantly started so save on the hard drive and not in the NSA-cloud.

Madness

I love that aiming + driving is tricky in this game. It's not easy in real life (I WOULD ASSUME, of course :p), so it shouldn't be easy in GTA5!

It's just poor controls while maneuvering the car. Coupled with enemy AI that out drives and out chases you and road AI that basically acts like deadweight in the way.

I hate having to chase someone down and they do such sharp turns and yet it's like molasses and uncomfortable moving the reticule around.

But maybe it's just not being accustomed to it.

Yoshichan

I went with
the best driver (obviously), the "enthusiast" hacker from Facebook (I thought I'd gain some friend reputation with him or something) and the shitty gunner (I knew gunplay wasn't important because I'm a terminator myself. I prefer to handle all the action solo!

Mastadon

Banned

Also, I keep checking Ammu-Nation to see when the parachute is available! I WANT THAT SHIT STAT!

You can pick one up for free
if you go to the top of the huge mountain with the cable cars

Yoshichan

Is this the first GTA game with original music during gameplay? Don't remember being any music in previous GTA games
I was actually mind blown as I went into a mission on foot and epic music started playing... I made sure that I didn't have a radio/iTunes or anything like that. I really, REALLY love the music direction they went with for this game.

The music I'm talking about in particular is the official gameplay trailer-music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI So fucking epiiiiiiic.

ShogunX

I went with
the best driver (obviously), the "enthusiast" hacker from Facebook (I thought I'd gain some friend reputation with him or something) and the shitty gunner (I knew gunplay wasn't important because I'm a terminator myself. I prefer to handle all the action solo!

What kind of set up did that take?
The stealth approach has you robbing sleeping gas and extermination suits.

Also it's only a minor detail but I like how flip flops aren't stuck to the bottom of peoples feet.

Yoshichan

Shiiiiit! I don't want to drive off-road quite yet! I'm sticking to town until the missions they give me tell me to drive outside :lol My comfort-zone is within the city, damn it! T_T
But maybe it's just not being accustomed to it.
I think the key is to not be trigger happy with the acceleration. I've never had issues with any driving missions so far, and I barely use the gas button - I kinda just let the car roll. That way, I have 100% steering controls. Gotta abuse the fact that this game rubberbands more than anything I've ever seen before :lol
What kind of set up did that take?
The stealth approach has you robbing sleeping gas and extermination suits.
Oh, I went with
the stealthy way as well!

That's the first one I found. I used it when I tested the blimp and on my first skydive.

Little did I realize that while I stood there after landing trying to take selfies in front of Franklin's house, THE BLIMP WAS GONNA CRASH AND SET OFF A NUKE LIKE 10 FEET FROM ME JESUS CHRIST MY HEART

Yoshichan

I just saw that the stocks thing is also on Social Club:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq

Does this mean, the market price is determined through the buying/selling behavior of people playing the game worldwide?
I don't even know how stocks and shit works in real life, how am I supposed to "get" stocks in-game :lol

Some rich guy who owns a big company put $10,000 on me and I bought stocks from him... when exactly should I be selling it?

Yoshichan

Also it's only a minor detail but I like how flip flops aren't stuck to the bottom of peoples feet.
I love the small details in this game... one thing I really love is how Michael walks down stairs. It's like, he spreads them apart from each other. It looks bad ass, I feel almost as awesome as Tony Montana at times.

I don't even know how stocks and shit works in real life, how am I supposed to "get" stocks in-game :lol

Some rich guy who owns a big company put $10,000 on me and I bought stocks from him... when exactly should I be selling it?

I think the impact he is implying is that when gamers buy a substantial amount of ammo the stock changes accordingly. I believe this happens with cars and insurances as well.

ekim

Top of the page it says;

Watch stock prices fluctuate in real-time as buyers and sellers react to in-game activity.

I don't know if this is only related to my instance of the game world - the sentence can be read in mulitple ways imho.

btw: Everytime it rains, I see blue sky (and sun/shadows) and no clouds. When the rain is getting stronger, it is just foggier but still blue when I look at the sky. Is this normal? :eek:

Dinjooh

Oh wauw, you guys already managed to fill up the first OT? Welp, better get a post in here before the new thread.

On point: Played some hours yesterday, and while my girlfriend didn't blink an eye through some of the horrid things I did. Trevor mission spoiler:
Torture, anyone?
she flipped when I ran over a dog. Lovely game.

Jindrax

Quick question: does anyone know if there are any Car Theft side missions/lists like in the previous GTA's? Don't think I've come across any so far.

Yeah I want to know this too... I saw a sort of BMW 3 series convertable and lost it... if I could buy one that would be epic

I don't know if this is only related to my instance of the game world - the sentence can be read in mulitple ways imho.

btw: Everytime it rains, I see blue sky (and sun/shadows) but no clouds. When the rain is getting stronger, it is just foggier but still blue when I look at the sky. Is this normal? :eek:

True, True. It is a shame we can not find out as long as the servers are down.

Sounds weird. I have not had it rain yet but from some footages I have seen the world is supposed to get dark with thunder and lightning rolling over your head.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Side missions are killer stuff in this one, compared to IV. Damn, been playing till 2 am, had some sleep, played now for 3 hours just wasting time driving around and exploring.... damn you, afternoon shift :(

And my TV is dead (lightning strike 2 weeks ago), so I have to play it in living room, which means battling with dad for playtime.

gibbers82

Neo Member
Has anyone had the game reboot on them, i was driving along yesterday after about half an hours play and the screen went black and the game restarted.

Upon the game loading up again i was presented with an error screen that said something along the lines of the install media that the game was installed on may need replacing or the game may need reinstalling.

I have an 250 gig 360 s with about 150 gig free on the HDD, never have any problems with it.

Anyone heard of this issue?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shitting assmonkies the rain/lightning during my most recent mission with Trevor was unbelievable looking. It is mindboggling what rockstar did on these consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom