• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jindrax

See, this never happened to me, so when
Franklin shows up at Michael's house uninvited hitting him up for a beer it didn't make any sense
. Kind of hate that this can happen.

You weren't paying attention MISTER!
When Michael appears in the backseat with the gun he says: something I like: I like a guy who takes orders and no responsibily for his actions, but that's not how the world works. We'll have a drink and I'll explain it to you one day. Something to that extent.

EDIT: beaten :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OT2! OT2! OT2! OT2! OT2! OT2! OT2! OT2! OT2!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I ran into Franklin at the strip club while playing as Michael. I didn't know that could even happen .I went out the door and hear' sup dude'

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit I just realized that I gold-starred the gun aiming thing with both characters! Shit was so much easier with my man Michael!

My brother Franklin is great when it comes to driving though! I'll be goldin' missions with Frank on the wheel and Michael on dat gun through the window!

FUCK I LOVE THIS GAME

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Different strippers seem to appear at different times of the day? And certain ones will go home with specific characters?

#gottacatchemall

I had the greatest idea to steal a bus and drive it to one of the first missions. It turned out it was a chase mission. The only available method of transportation to chase a sports bike was that huge friking bus. I tried to run to the nearest intersection and steal a car and go back to the bus to pick up my buddy, but I was getting a "bike got away" fail. And every time I restarted the mission, my lovely bus was waiting for me. So, don't take a public bus to ANY mission.

Yoshichan

Do you get anything for doing that? I just golded it with Michael and it was hard as shit!
Other than an awesome 25% discount at the Ammu-Nation stores?! Nope!

Bradach

There's great hit detection physics. I enjoy sprinting at people and jumping into them. If you time it right it looks hilarious.

Also if you sprint and hit Square followed by circle you do diving headers. I done that through the windscreen of a moving car.

I'm really liking it so far. But, and this is as someone who mainly games on a PC, the frame rate leaves a LOT to be desired. It's not consistent and is more often than not flat out bad. I don't really see it being that much better than 4 in that respect.

komplanen

So is there any point in customizing stolen cars? They don't count as owned cars and don't respawn and characters don't casually ride them, right? Right?

Kinda got burned after I customized two nice cars (one for Michael and one for Franklin) and now they're both gone and the impound is just full of other crap or completely empty.

Yoshichan

BY THE WAY

Every main mission in the game has so far been better or equally as good as Three Leaf Clover.

JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THIS IS NO HYPERBOLE. YOU CAN QUOTE ME ALL DAY, I'M NOT CHANGING THIS POST.

Dukey

Banned
Weird bug. Parked outside Franklins house (as Franklin) and his aunt came out to go for a walk. Then she came out again. And again. I killed her. She came out again, and again and again. At one point there was 7 of his aunts on the front lawn.

I also like how radio stations fade in and out depending upon your distance from where they're located. Great game so far.

Longshot

BY THE WAY

Every main mission in the game has so far been better or equally as good as Three Leaf Clover.

JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THIS IS NO HYPERBOLE. YOU CAN QUOTE ME ALL DAY, I'M NOT CHANGING THIS POST.
Yep, every mission I've done so far has been better than most in GTA IV, and I'm only like 3 hours in.

UnrealEck

So is there any point in customizing stolen cars? They don't count as owned cars and don't respawn and characters don't casually ride them, right? Right?

Kinda got burned after I customized two nice cars (one for Michael and one for Franklin) and now they're both gone and the impound is just full of other crap or completely empty.

I'm not sure about respawning but you can park them in parking spaces outside houses and other buildings besides inside garages and they'll be there when you leave and return.
I think if your car is left somewhere or destroyed, it's gone.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Weird bug. Parked outside Franklins house (as Franklin) and his aunt came out to go for a walk. Then she came out again. And again. I killed her. She came out again, and again and again. At one point there was 7 of his aunts on the front lawn.
Hah, that sounds surreal.

Septimius

Good morning, OT! I don't know what is worst. Yesterday, with the hype having me excited as holy hell, waiting to get off of work, or the entire day today, with feeling the game lives exactly up to the hype, waiting to go home to play more.

Anyway, today sucks, too!

Septimius

I also like how radio stations fade in and out depending upon your distance from where they're located. Great game so far.

Holy crap. That sounds creepy.

jambo

Did you get any screens?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
All work and no GTA V makes Meat a dull boy. Still, I have next couple of days off to delve in deep. This game, it just keeps piling on the surprises.

Yoshichan

Good morning, OT! I don't know what is worst. Yesterday, with the hype having me excited as holy hell, waiting to get off of work, or the entire day today, with feeling the game lives exactly up to the hype, waiting to go home to play more.

Anyway, today sucks, too!
Good morning! I know man, I KNOW EXACTLY that feeling... sitting here, just staring at the clock... thank God for GAF!

Untracked

There's great hit detection physics. I enjoy sprinting at people and jumping into them.
When I do this with Trevor he dies instantly, every time. If I'm running and jump then press B, I'm 'Wasted' even if I don't touch anything, I don't even get to hit the floor, just dead in mid-air from full health.
I also got killed by a shop door at full health, so yeah, I think I broke Trevor :(
Had no issues with other characters, weird.

MYeager

I got one where after loading a save Trevor's car just sort of hovered above the ground. Tried to take a pic with the in game phone but a car ran into me and the car knocking us both to the ground.

Not that taking a pic with the phone seems to work at the moment anyway.

Yoshichan

Shieeeeeeet, we don't wanna bail out of this thread, I see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom