• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeekaas

It must be dynamic, it didn't happen for me.

It isn't dynamic.
Frankelin has to pick it up. I saw a trailer where he picks up the back at the sewer entry. Though I didn't notice when I picked it up, but I was almost hugging the man in front of me so it probaply happend to fast to notice for me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One AWESOME in-game moment was when I was sweating my balls off on a bike and just as I reached a big rocky ramp, I let go of the R1-button and I jump! In-mid air, a fucking airplane flies directly over me and the sound of the engine made it feel like I was a God on that mountain bike!

Such perfect timing - it's almost as if Rockstar is monitorizing each and everyone of us who are playing the game, and they're spawning awesome shit infront of us so that our experience gets crazier!

Jindrax

How to get through your day at work?
Turn on iPod -> UB40 - Red Red Wine -> Imagine being on the beach ( maybe LOS SANTOS ) -> disregard all coworkers -> do work in euphoric state of IDGAFness

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So much hype around Trevor... that's great and all... but I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE FUCK THE GUY IS.

My God, you guys are so ahead of me :_:

This is the best current gen game I've ever played. Never tried The Last of Us, though.

Tryin to get to bed and get a good 6 hours before class...then 6 more hours of GTA after class :)

I keep hearing I can rob Convenience Stores and other places but they don't show up? Are the people saying that wrong or is it just in the online portion?

Edit: Also, what's a good place to buy glasses?

Hanmik

st8F1wA.jpg

Yoshichan

That feeling you get when you
do the 1st heist (jewelry store)
>>>>
I hate these types of spoiler tags :lol I was slowly reading it until I realized it was a safe read :lol

It isn't dynamic.
Frankelin has to pick it up. I saw a trailer where he picks up the back at the sewer entry. Though I didn't notice when I picked it up, but I was almost hugging the man in front of me so it probaply happend to fast to notice for me

Franklin didn't pick it up for me, the gunner took a shot and hit a wall before you go into the sewer tunnels. Then it said mission failed, I started again at that spot and completed the mission. Then asked later where the others guys cut was Franklin said it was still with the dead guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got specific stations to listen to for each character.

I should probably change it up and listen to some of the ones I haven't listened to like Mirror Park, but it just doesn't fit any of them. And the stations are already sooooo good. Just like a GTA game to get me into new songs instead of certain other open world games just going 'yeah that's a popular song. put that in there!'

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Is Social Club not working or something? Whenever I take a picture the game says that online service isn't enabled on my account. Or is there a setting somewhere?

Hagi

During one of the earlier missions (~12%) with the
hacker
, he mentions other
robbers... did he describe Niko Bellic at the end :lol?

lol there are a lot of references like that.

Game is fucking awesone btw Trisha is one crazy son of a bitch. His missions have been the most fun so far lol

Yoshichan

I got specific stations to listen to for each character.
This is what I do! With Frank, I turn dat East Los Santon and West Coast Classic ON! With Michael, I'm rolling Non Stop Pop and abit of Space 103!

Anyone know which radio channel delivers most classic Italian tunes? Godfather-style?

Is Social Club not working or something? Whenever I take a picture the game says that online service isn't enabled on my account. Or is there a setting somewhere?

It's being hammered since yesterday evening, I was able to upload only one pic. Gotta have some patience I guess.

Hip Hop

Regarding the first Trevor mission,

Why does Trevor kill Johnny, and why does Johnny get all soft and lets himself get pushed around and killed by Trevor? He was a tough guy in GTA IV

Also, how do you get into taxis? Everytime I try, I end up kicking the driver out.

Running out into traffic in this game is appropriately scary. I was chasing a wallet thief (damn, they're fast) and almost got creamed by a bus.

During the (not-really-early Trevor mission)
when you're bombing the Lost's trailers, I hopped on one of their after placing all the sticky bombs. I ran to it, so one of the Lost members nearby heard/saw me. He said something like "hey, who are you?" right before I detonated them and I said IRL "That's who I am" because I'm awesome.

Anival

Banned
I love the randomness in this game, I always have a hard time figuring out who i want to play as and how long I want to. I also think the ps3 version runs fine a little jittery sometimes but still playable.

Hellcrow

Why does Trevor kill Johnny, and why does Johnny get all soft and lets himself get pushed around and killed by Trevor? He was a tough guy in GTA IV

Also, how do you get into taxis? Everytime I try, I end up kicking the driver out.

Either Johnny is drugged out, or he is legitimately frightened by Trevor to act to aggressive.

Dabanton

I think it's suggested that
Johnny is on meth now as well. TBH with the way TLaD ended. Him being on drugs is no surprise.

Still pretty fucked up though.

Burger

Press Y, don't hold it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Trevor later says
Johnny is a weak man who was addicted to Meth and addicted to Ashley

also, Trevor is Jack Nicholson so that gives him 10+ points in intimidation factor, no matter who you're dealing with.

Yoshichan

God damn, I'm watching random GTAIV videos... the "peak-time" streets are dead as fuck. No action going on, people driving like robots, people just walking on the sidewalk, doing no interaction whatsoever...

Jesus, this game reminds me of how important LIFE is in a game like this. I want to drive my car down the street during peak time and see lots of shit happening. In this game, I see police cars following criminals, I see gangs fighting other gangs, I see someone trying to hook up with his girlfriend on his cellphone, I see people swimming and doing other exercises, I see people just chillin - talking with each other, I see old couples sitting on benches eating icecream together...

Guys, I've never experienced so much life in a city before (I've never played San Andreas). This is EXACTLY what I wanted GTAIV to be.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

On PS3 it's tap right on the D-Pad to hail the cab, then tap triangle when it's stopped to enter as a passenger. I'm assuming 360 controls are the same in their relative positions.

This. And can´t you call a taxi like in GTA IV?.

On PS3 it's tap right on the D-Pad to hail the cab, then tap triangle when it's stopped to enter as a passenger. I'm assuming 360 controls are the same in their relative positions.

You can. Right on the d-pad

also, fun fact, melee equipped in a car and hit l1 lets you flip the bird.

Ah, thank you. The thing had me confused is the right in D-Pad if there is no taxi near is for making fun of npcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom