• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutss

Anyone having a Difficulty golding the 1st mission of trevor? i just cant persue the running bikers there so scattred, anyone have some tips for me, put a 6 hours try for the mission and it all failed lol, thanks in advance.

Looking at a prospective 8/10, about on the same level as Saints Row. Those heist missions are soooooo gooooood, and the way choice in these missions isn't pronounced is brilliant and worthy of the setting, but missions outside of the obvious highlights generally take too long. It's a set of great missions interspersed in a sea of good or average ones.

But they're sooooo goooood.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The sound design is constantly impressing me. I was driving by a bunch of sewage pipes and you could hear the water processing underneath the road.

So I've unlocked the first two characters and done some missions, but now there's an M on the map and I can go to that mission with both characters am I correct in assuming both characters will meet up there ? Also is there a difference depending on who I choose to go to the mission with ?

red731

Funny-gif-excited-kid-baby-happy.gif

IT'S HOME!

Septimius

God damn, I'm watching random GTAIV videos... the "peak-time" streets are dead as fuck. No action going on, people driving like robots, people just walking on the sidewalk, doing no interaction whatsoever...

Jesus, this game reminds me of how important LIFE is in a game like this. I want to drive my car down the street during peak time and see lots of shit happening. In this game, I see police cars following criminals, I see gangs fighting other gangs, I see someone trying to hook up with his girlfriend on his cellphone, I see people swimming and doing other exercises, I see people just chillin - talking with each other, I see old couples sitting on benches eating icecream together...

Guys, I've never experienced so much life in a city before (I've never played San Andreas). This is EXACTLY what I wanted GTAIV to be.

You just want me want to go hoME EVEN MOREEE

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Calm down bro. It's not healthy being this cray. ;)
Fuck that, hype is HEALTHY! This game is no joke, no hyperbole, no bullshit! This game is pure fun, I wanted this game five years ago instead of the shit we got instead!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They might be 'higher bitrate', I wouldn't know because I haven't tried the 360 version, but the PS3 has tons of low bitrate audio. And it sucks. Also, surround is computed, not recorded.
The PS3 version has LPCM option if you have a receiver to decode it, which is funny considering the game is simular size to the 360 version (people usually say its the audio that takes up blu-Ray discs space)

Lisker

When Michael
sits down at his pool and pops in his earbuds and phil collins starts playing, I wanted it to last forever. The music, the setting, the atmosphere, it was perfect, untill Franklin showed up and the music stopped.

God I need to get through this workday and get home fast haha.

Madness

Yoshi, same. I always wanted to play an open world game that was self contained and always moving and alive. People had roles they filled, the world kept going on whether you did anything or not.

I hate when you get near the end and everything sort of just ends in a sense. GTA IV looks so limited in comparison now.

And it's 8 year old hardware. Just imagine 8 years in any previous gen of gaming. 8 years meant going from legend of Zelda on NES to Super Mario 64, or from like Super Mario World to Luigis Mansion in a sense.

Can't even fathom what they'll do with next gen hardware. Full use of 50gb blu-ray discs, cloud storage, 500gb hard drive etc. Of course if it was ground up PC development, we'd have been blown away.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just bought it and currently downloading onto my PS3 as we speak :D

Man dont have the time to spread around between this FFXIV and MH4. D:

Madness

So once again anyone with $500k in game cash already want to try and see what the collectors edition secret message was?

"T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear. Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx"

Septimius

The PS3 version has LPCM option if you have a receiver to decode it, which is funny considering the game is simular size to the 360 version (people usually say its the audio that takes up blu-Ray discs space)

Is this an ingame setting?

Though, you can have low bitrate LPCM, too, can't you?

duckroll

This game is really phenomenal. When you first switch to a new character, it feels like a whole new game. Tons of stuff open up, entirely new area, different tone, different sights and sounds, different activities. Making the game revolve around 3 different characters in different parts of the game world really was a brilliant move.

The stuff you play through when you first switch to Trevor is fucking amazing. The lighting in this game is insane.

The side mission really early into the game with the
Aliens
is hilarious. Good to see Rockstar back with the humour.

You mean the one where
that guy gives you a joint and you trip out?

That was seriously funny.
"No paranoia, no stress" *vision warps, guy's face looms in* "...of course there are the monsters but I just don't let them touch me". I'd just bought myself a Hawaiian shirt so when all the colours distorted it was perfect.

I love Trevor's voice actor. Just fucking hilariously insane.

Also, anyone else taken random event hitchhikers to the altruist cult in the mountains?

So I just got to Trevor..fucking brilliant..that's when this game picks up. Plus he's got like 160000 in his account. I pumped out my guns and got body armor. Loving the game now. Also got used to the car handling. Sogood.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
I keep hearing I can rob Convenience Stores and other places but they don't show up? Are the people saying that wrong or is it just in the online portion?

Edit: Also, what's a good place to buy glasses?

Can the player do armed robberies, or is it unlocked later?

There are numerous 24/7 convenience stores all over town and in the countryside, you can rob them by aiming your gun at the store clerk.

[24/7 is the actual name of the store]

The game world looks pretty spotty at times while driving around quickly. However, there are times while driving and (especially) while walking about that visuals shine. I keep the camera pulled in tight while on-foot because it helps you appreciate how to-scale every objects and NPCs are in the game. The quality character models for the protagonists help too.

bud23

So once again anyone with $500k in game cash already want to try and see what the collectors edition secret message was?

"T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear. Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx"

A rumor says that GTA V actually includes the land mass of LC. Initially it can’t be accessed since it´s blocked by invisible walls bordering the map, but when you bring that 500k, these invisible walls disappear and you should be able to enter into LC.

HiiiLife

Dead @ the fact that when you do burnouts at stoplights, people get out of their car to fight you. Lol. And I didn't even know you can literally pop your tires when doing burnouts. That's crazy.

DoctorZ

Any word on a fix for the PSN version of the game? I'm not going to go out and spend more money on the disc version, but I also don't want to play an inferior version. It makes me feel a bit bad that a 720p youtube video on my laptop looks better than the actual game on my TV.

A rumor says that GTA V actually includes the land mass of LC. Initially it can’t be accessed since it´s blocked by invisible walls bordering the map, but when you bring that 500k, these invisible walls disappear and you should be able to enter into LC.

What? No way.

Dead @ the fact that when you do burnouts at stoplights, people get out of their car to fight you. Lol. And I didn't even know you can literally pop your tires when doing burnouts. That's crazy.

Speaking of rumors, I hear that if you rev next to sports cars at stop lights they'll sometimes rev up as well and drag race you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom