• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny 117

A rumor says that GTA V actually includes the land mass of LC. Initially it can’t be accessed since it´s blocked by invisible walls bordering the map, but when you bring that 500k, these invisible walls disappear and you should be able to enter into LC.

Sounds like horseshit. Would be cool if it were true though.

Madness

Dead @ the fact that when you do burnouts at stoplights, people get out of their car to fight you. Lol. And I didn't even know you can literally pop your tires when doing burnouts. That's crazy.

Lol, I was playing as Franklin and was at that temple place on the mountain early into the game. Pressed the interaction button on the dpad to some blonde chick who didn't appreciate it I guess. I said it again and she's like I'm calling the cops and I got a 1-star wanted level and cops came up. But if I play as Michael, I say what's up to every woman and they are appreciative back lol.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The only thing I'm pretty disappointed with so far is that there seem to be no collectibles to find. There are so many detailed buildings and other environments to explore, but there never seems to be any reward for doing so. Makes walking/running/climbing around on foot seem pointless.

Got about 5 hours in. Lamar is an amazing character. I barely did anything as Michael because I wanted to do more stuff with Lamar.

I'm hoping for a Jimmy/Lamar meet at some point.

SJRB

Gold Member
LOL, Jimmy is so annoying. The fact that I know and hate someone who acts and looks almost identically to him makes it worse.

Yeah but it's obvious WHY he is such a dick and that is what makes it so great. Michael's whole family dynamic is amazing. I also love how they don't just disappear when you're not doing missions, they're usually around the house doing stuff.

One time I came home at like 4 in the morning and Tracy was just sitting on the stairs, drunk as fuck talking gibberish. Pressed right on the d-pad and Michael responded "Christ I'm so proud of you" in a super sarcastic tone. It was hilarious.

sephi22

You guys who took the weed hit in Michael's side mission will love what happens when
Franklin meets the same guy. Says a lot about Michael.

ViviOggi

A rumor says that GTA V actually includes the land mass of LC. Initially it can’t be accessed since it´s blocked by invisible walls bordering the map, but when you bring that 500k, these invisible walls disappear and you should be able to enter into LC.

I tried it but Missingno broke my save

mxgt

Banned
Got about 5 hours in. Lamar is an amazing character. I barely did anything as Michael because I wanted to do more stuff with Lamar.

I'm hoping for a Jimmy/Lamar meet at some point.

Lamar is hilarious, I really like him

Man all this talk about Trevor makes me want to get home and play more so bad, I played around 4 hours last night and didn't get to him because I just fucked around the entire time

HiiiLife

Speaking of rumors, I hear that if you rev next to sports cars at stop lights they'll sometimes rev up as well and drag race you.

Now THIS I need to try. If anyone can confirm this, please do.

Lol, I was playing as Franklin and was at that temple place on the mountain early into the game. Pressed the interaction button on the dpad to some blonde chick who didn't appreciate it I guess. I said it again and she's like I'm calling the cops and I got a 1-star wanted level and cops came up. But if I play as Michael, I say what's up to every woman and they are appreciative back lol.

I just love how packed this game is. Unlocked Trevor a couple hours ago and this shit went from 0 to 60. I'm loving it.

They popped in gta iv and cops will go after you for doing it too

Ah. I must've never tried. I actually thought it was something new to GTAV :/ But nonetheless, it's enjoyable in this game lol. I heard you can actually change the color of your tire smoke. That should be sweet to look at when doing burnouts.

For the second heist, Franklin tells Michael to go to the flying school. I've finished flying school as Michael, but nothing has happened, and no character has any other missions to do.

What am I missing?

bud23

Sounds like horseshit. Would be cool if it were true though.

I dunno, let the hunt begin.

Did you find the lost world of atlantis?

Big Pacific. South LS. Swim 15 miles. Bring a red fedora. Should be raining. Shave your sideburns. Between 22 pm-4 am.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Has anyone else noticed that you seem to die pretty quickly when you get launched through the windscreen? It seems like every time this happens I die. In GTA IV I might get hurt a bit but I'd only ever die if I was either launched over a bridge from a great height or something or if I was on super low health. The smallest launches through the windscreen seem to be instant death for me in this game.

HiiiLife

Another note, back when there were only previews for this game, I assumed I'd use Frank's special ability the least. And now that I'm actually playing the game, it's proven to be the most helpful for me. Nothing cooler than ditching cops by bending corners at breakneck speed.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So at a little over 27 hours with the game and I've had at least 30 random seemingly one off things happen that have all slayed me. Just now I was paying with c4 in a pool and didn't realize the neighbors were having a pool party. Everyone screams and runs except the girl who who lives there that has dealt with my bullshit countless times now. She just walks to the edge of her porch... drink in hand and gives a calm but stern "What in the fuck."

I love this game.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is the bawsaq down for maintenance for anyone else or just me?
I want to buy a certain stock on it thats tied to a mission but cant get on :\

Fjordson

Whoa, the nice neighborhoods up in the hills have private security instead of cops that'll report crimes and chase you down. Pretty neat.

Also, lmao @ Michael's second stranger mission. Holy shit.

10/10 Rockstar.

I love this game. The 3 character dynamic is absolutely brilliant. The game is gorgeous. The world is alive better than ever before. I will be playing this game for a long time, especially once GTA Online goes live. Couldn't have asked for a better way to send out the generation, really.

SJRB

Gold Member

Like many activities it's locked until you reach a certain part of the story.

Spoiler for when stock trading unlocks:
After the Life Invader mission

Yeah but it's obvious WHY he is such a dick and that is what makes it so great. Michael's whole family dynamic is amazing. I also love how they don't just disappear when you're not doing missions, they're usually around the house doing stuff.

One time I came home at like 4 in the morning and Tracy was just sitting on the stairs, drunk as fuck talking gibberish. Pressed right on the d-pad and Michael responded "Christ I'm so proud of you" in a super sarcastic tone. It was hilarious.

Amazing.

MMaRsu

You need to use the other market! The Bawsaq one doesn't work for me yet either, and I'm around 56%.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Are you sure? I bought stocks as soon as I was free roam with Franklin, and I've bought them on both

for anyone who still cant download atomic blimp, i dunno if its been fixed or not, but i used the PC store to enter my code and it worked this morning. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm glad the game doesn't have to load each time I want to change my clothes... what the heck was up with that in GTAIV?! It was just a couple of textures!
So how did the shooting mechanics change in 5? So far I haven't found it any different from 4 other than the lock-on aiming is gone.
Lock-on aiming isn't gone o_O

Matt_

You need to use the other market! The Bawsaq one doesn't work for me yet either, and I'm around 56%.

Thats the thing I currently have stock from a company on that market that is valued at 0 because its down
I'm gonna try saving then restarting to see if that works

HiiiLife

The shotgun feels so damn beastly too. And the explosions are beautiful to look at. Man. I've been on a binge and need to take a break, but I'll be stalking this thread for sure.

U2NUMB

I was enjoying the crap out of the game and then I got to Trevor... and I had this massive smile on my face the entire time I played as him. His whole intro is simply amazing.

Damn sleep and work getting in the way of playing more!!

Falt

As Franklin, I just purchased a property,
The Head Shop on Vespucci Beach. A day or so later (in game), I'm getting messages from the owner saying "It's going be a slow week here, no weed to do the deed" or something to that effect. I don't know what to do here? I can't reply to the texts and there doesn't seem to be any markers. No one's in the store when I go down there. Any help?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
R* on a new console that's what
It's... just clothes ._. They can render entire cities and come up with brilliant solutions to so many technical issues - but they still made it so that you had to wait 2 seconds each time you're browsing one piece of cloth? Fuck, man...

d00d3n

Any word on a fix for the PSN version of the game? I'm not going to go out and spend more money on the disc version, but I also don't want to play an inferior version. It makes me feel a bit bad that a 720p youtube video on my laptop looks better than the actual game on my TV.

Try this: (repost from digital version specific thread)

I followed this procedure: (on a 250 gb original hard drive PS3 slim)

1. Deleted all unnecessary save files (had extremely many copies in some games like gow and ffxiii), game data files and games, amounting 30 gigs or so in total

2. Booted into recovery mode and ran rebuild database and restore filesystem

(I tried 2. without doing 1. earlier today without results.)

The pop in seems to have improved after this. It is still visible, but the objects that pop in are so small and far away that it feels acceptable. Additionally, and weirdly, it seems like anti-aliasing has improved along with the decreased pop in. (almost as if it was turned off before)

HiiiLife

I love how Trevor is the most crass protagonist, but is also the funniest. For the people that have played the first few missions from Trevor, it was funny as hell
when he told Wade to suck him off in the car instead. Lmao. I can't even remember the dialogue because I was dying.

Trickster

How do you trade stock effectively? I haven't been able to find any way to actually try and trade by doing anything other than guess

I love how Trevor is the most crass protagonist, but is also the funniest. For the people that have played the first few missions from Trevor, it was funny as hell
when he told Wade to suck him off in the car instead. Lmao. I can't even remember the dialogue because I was dying.

Yeah trevor is by far my favourite of the 3, which i totally expected :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom