• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
game looks great but don't kid yourselves... this ain't smooth 30fps most of the time. can really fuck ya while driving.

how does the ifruit app work? I recall setting up a car and what not, is it because social club was down that i didn't get it in game? Do i need to do anything specific to get it?

also... is there real no way to get back your personally owned cars easily? They say i can pick it up at the impound... but that's on the other side of town >.<

And holy shit, never would have thought that i would think "Man these nipples on these strippers are low res, I wish this was on next gen", for any video game ever. Ha!

kiyomi

I still haven't gotten to play much, but I am finding myself pretty impressed by the lighting. In a huge game like this, I don't expect good graphics. There are some IQ issues I could nag about, but the lighting is pretty damn impressive and the game overall looks way better than I expected it to.

I think it looks amazing for a current-gen game. The lighting, as you say, is fantastic. I find myself driving up to Franklin's backyard, and there's an alleyway just adjacent to the back wall where the sun shines through, a deep purple in the evening, or a bright, clear shine in the morning. It looks exceptional.

Also, take a drive to the airport and look out at the bridge and the river across the way at night. The lights of the city are mirrored on the water ; it looks breathtaking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so I wanna get into this whole app-thingy now... how many apps are there? I found "Grand Theft Auto: iFruit". Anything else I should be downloading?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Me when I'm playing with stocks in real life AND in-game:

wmeBHvt.jpg
The turnip market has prepared me for this day

wat? Just drive her home? I have Fufu, and I seem to remember hearing some moans...

Is it a mission thing then? I maxed like out with her on all three and got no result.

Spazznid

An ingame cinema in which you can view movies.

Thanks for your avatar. Off topic, but I met the artist at a convention, and he was awesome. Sold me three pieces for the price of two, and that was one of them. I also bought a portrait of X23, and the "Girl in the Water". Lost that last one, somehow, as in some old roommates stole it.

Septimius

Okay so I wanna get into this whole app-thingy now... how many apps are there? I found "Grand Theft Auto: iFruit". Anything else I should be downloading?

The only other thing I know of is the manual app. But the iFruit is the main attraction!

You get your own LifeInvader. You can comment and stalk and shit. It's essentially facebook, within Rockstar's own OS on my iPhone. I'm kind of blown away.

What I hate is how he easily establishes dominance over [intro/early]
Johnny Klebitz. Somehow I'm supposed to believe this obviously mentally handicapped man can get the better of the much more intelligent character from Lost & Damned.

Yeah, that part felt really weird to me. [spoilers from the same part]
I thought TLAD did a great job of establishing that Johnny remains calm and cool in the face of unhinged characters. Maybe Billy wasn't Trevor crazy but Johnny was like a completely different character in 5.
The whole scene/mission won't make or break the game but it was a definitely an eyebrow raising moment for me.

Spazznid

The turnip market has prepared me for this day

Is it a mission thing then? I maxed like out with her on all three and got no result.

Maxed out on all three what? Just call a bitch up, and be like let's screw, and she'll ask you to pick her up from work. When you get homes, you get to hear moans!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maxed out on all three what? Just call a bitch up, and be like let's screw, and she'll ask you to pick her up from work. When you get homes, you get to hear moans!

No, but you have to get her contact number by maxing out her like thing. I haven't gotten to the part where she wants you to go home with her despite maxing her bar. There's a few others I've had the same issue with. I guess it's a progression thing?

Bishop89

At the moment I'm just buying stock on things that have had a nice average but have fallen thru the floor. They can only go up yeah? I'm assuming if we hypothetically get a mission to do a heist at a chemical factory or something and a competitor is on the stock market, you buy stocks in the competitor. Rob, destroy the mission based company. Stocks for competitor goes up as they take all demand. You profit.

i actually thought of this, wonder if it works like that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The only other thing I know of is the manual app. But the iFruit is the main attraction!

You get your own LifeInvader. You can comment and stalk and shit. It's essentially facebook, within Rockstar's own OS on my iPhone. I'm kind of blown away.
Jesus! That's all kinds of crazy!

Septimius

Grand Theft Auto V | OT2 | Reject this advice / Accept this advice
Grand Theft Auto V | OT2 | Reject this game / Accept this game ?

Enco

Played a few hours.

1. Done 3 missions. Two were chases and one was a fetch quest. I know I've just started but I'm not seeing the so called variety.

2. The world is AMAZING. barely explored it and it's so new and fun. The detail is insane.

3. I long for the day you can enter more than a couple buildings and shops. Where's a Dead Rising-esque mall? Where are the supermarkets?

4. GTA Online is where I will spend 90% of my time.

5. Swearing might fit with the characters but it's annoying.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What I hate is how he easily establishes dominance over [intro/early]
Johnny Klebitz. Somehow I'm supposed to believe this obviously mentally handicapped man can get the better of the much more intelligent character from Lost & Damned.

I don't think intelligence and mental illness are mutually exclusive.

Spazznid

No, but you have to get her contact number by maxing out her like thing. I haven't gotten to the part where she wants you to go home with her despite maxing her bar. There's a few others I've had the same issue with. I guess it's a progression thing?

What character are you? I think Micheal is trying to stay abstinent, so try with Trevor or Franklin. I plan on making a very large contact list with Franklin...

kick51

Banned
3. I long for the day you can enter more than a couple buildings and shops. Where's a Dead Rising-esque mall? Where are the supermarkets?

Next gen. Maybe not PC/PS4 GTAV, but 6 for sure. The outdoor map is amazing, but that's about all these 7 year old consoles will handle without looking incredibly fugly.

Yoshichan

What happened to Riggs btw?! Did he pass out from all the drinking?!

Spazznid

Only thing I dislike about franklin is that he never takes charge of a situation. He always goes with the flow of things, and ends up bitter for it. I want him to be like, "Fuck no, we doin' it dis way!"

He's such a busta, but I love him.

Jheri curls, and goatee FTW.

Watevaman

Man I am digging this game. Last night I was following a train trying to see how to drive it and I ended up wrecking. I figured I'd put the car on the tracks and just wait and see if it blew up when the next train crashed into it. No later did another train come along and hit it right as a mountain lion popped right on my back and killed me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Rockstar have really knocked it out of the park for me. I absolutely adore V and it's so incredibly addictive as well. It's just got such a sense of fun I haven't felt in a long time with GTA. Even when it's being serious it's fucking hilarious, Rockstar aren't subtle but damn it they make me laugh.

I was nearly in tears of laughter just after Trevor/Michael meet and you do a mission

Where you are chasing after Lazlow. Trevors ranting about Lazlow and the interplay between the characters had me laughing so hard. Poor Lazlow though, even on the tv clips he gets shouted at and called a dick lol

Does the PS3 Super Slim with GTA V packed in come with a case for the game? I need a new PS3 so I might just return my 360 copy and start over on PS3. I hate not having a case for games. I always leave the disk lying around and it gets fucked up.

Spazznid

Michael's taken one home, so that's not the case. I think it's mission based.

hmmm, I dunno. Did you get her to like you whilst doing a two person dance? If that happens, as did with my Trevor, You might get both women to like you, but only one will ask you to take her home.

At the moment I'm just buying stock on things that have had a nice average but have fallen thru the floor. They can only go up yeah? I'm assuming if we hypothetically get a mission to do a heist at a chemical factory or something and a competitor is on the stock market, you buy stocks in the competitor. Rob, destroy the mission based company. Stocks for competitor goes up as they take all demand. You profit.

i actually thought of this, wonder if it works like that.

Possible mechanics spoiler.
All signs point that you can manipulate the market this way, and if I remember correctly the game tells you as much when you reach a certain point.
Spoilers for a Franklin mission.
On this mission you have to kill someone important from a pharma company, and by buying their competitor's stock before the hit I made a bit of money.

Gurrry

Played a few hours.

1. Done 3 missions. Two were chases and one was a fetch quest. I know I've just started but I'm not seeing the so called variety.

5. Swearing might fit with the characters but it's annoying.

cm-32183-050abcc1f89bb4.gif

But seriously, as someone mentioned earlier, this is an "adult playground". I cant think of a better way to describe it. Part of the adult-ness is cursing, bewbs, and drugs.

Oh and stocks...

Jamie OD

Lasted about 10 minutes, was french, I think.

Fuck knows what was going on in it, just cracked up at the dialogue.

I think the man was speaking Italian and the woman French, which I assume is part of the "artsy European movie" joke. It was a mental 10 minutes, even more so than the side mission where
you are high and think aliens are chasing after you.

Yoshichan

Haha! Wow, I just saw this... early Franklin mission, less than 5% in.

When you go into Michaels house for the first time and you're supposed to rob his car, you can encounter some pretty hilarious "mission fail"-sequences.

If you let the coach and Michaels wife see you, the coach goes "HE'S BLAAAAAAACK!"

That was so random :lol

edit: Link to the above sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSDfxu8Mlk
@06:56

TriEdgeFury

Neo Member
Shit, I haven't heard anyone go with that option yet! Give me the details, what happened :D?

Basically you bust in yelling for everyone to get the fuck down, while one of the crew members covers the civilians you and another smash all the display cases stealing the goods. This option just seems more chaotic because you've got all these people on the ground freaking out while you're smashing and grabbing and you keep getting a time count down to when you need to leave.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone else find the evening/night sky bands and flickers like crazy? like its running in 16 bit color or something? (360 version).

smr00

Banned
Me when I'm playing with stocks in real life AND in-game:

wmeBHvt.jpg
Looking at stock pages in-game and real life is like reading an alien language.

I know you should invest when
doing an assassination mission, you invest in the competition but it's never clear WHO the competition is

DjRoomba

Banned
This game just keeps getting better and better the more I play it. It is without question the best open world game ever made. The missions are amazing. Every mission is like a chapter in Uncharted 3 and its fucking incredible that this is going on in an open world game. I would have never imagined Rockstar would have so 360'd on the boring ass similar missions of GTA IV. This shit is soo good

So has anyone figured out how to get out of the car with the engine running and music playing because I need to. In saints row you could just doubletap Y or triangle respectively.

cdkee

Banned
It's 6 am. Gotta go to work but all I'll be thinking about will be GTA. I'm in love with this game.

And so far I've been sticking to the city. My only excursion out was taking an Infernus all the way around San Andreas.

Also, I found a car that looks like the Tesla Roadster. It's called a "Coil" and is electric!

Ahahaha, was the the one about the guy who dreams while he is awake? That was weird.

I think the man was speaking Italian and the woman French, which I assume is part of the "artsy European movie" joke. It was a mental 10 minutes, even more so than the side mission where
you are high and think aliens are chasing after you.

lol, aye, that one.

Sat here wondering what it was all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom