• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
lock on is great, it compensates the terrible sticks for shooters on ps3 :)

it does kinda kill the shooting stat though, out of the game you can pretty much mow everybody down without any issue. this isn't mass effect 1.

Madness

Anyone else feel Chop is essentially useless? Like what am I supposed to do with him? Walking with him is so tedious.

When I first played fetch, I accidentally threw the ball across the street from Franklins house, and Chop ran to get it and an SUV totally smoked him head on, I thought he died, but he just got up like nothing happened.

Obviously I'm still early on in the game (first heist being set up), but is this all we can do with Chop?

I had some difficulty with this as well. It seems like most of the time the car will show up again at the impound lot. The full garage does not seem to save vehicles. It will only store them. Unless that's what you meant.

In that case each character has a safe house and you can store cars in the garage at each one.
WHAT owning a full garage does not save your car? WTF why would you ever spend $ on a tricked out car then when it could blow up a few streets ahead bye bye all $ you spend on making your car look cool/better.

the convertible top animations is arguably the coolest thing about this game and i don't know why!

think i might needa get a convertible irl someday... think im gonna steal my friend's miata.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sitting on the bus, on my way home... Guys. GUYS! Sooooooooon!

Yopis

Does the PS3 Super Slim with GTA V packed in come with a case for the game? I need a new PS3 so I might just return my 360 copy and start over on PS3. I hate not having a case for games. I always leave the disk lying around and it gets fucked up.

Comes with game in case sealed as if you bought separately.

TxdoHawk

Anyone else feel Chop is essentially useless? Like what am I supposed to do with him? Walking with him is so tedious.

When I first played fetch, I accidentally threw the ball across the street from Franklins house, and Chop ran to get it and an SUV totally smoked him head on, I thought he died, but he just got up like nothing happened.

Obviously I'm still early on in the game (first heist being set up), but is this all we can do with Chop?

The short answer is
No.

Spoilery explanation: I haven't looked into the specific details, but my understanding is that
building up Chop's happiness through the iFruit app can make it so he will sniff out hidden packages.

vixlar

Two things I forgot to mention.

The cars. Oh, the cars. Those are the other part of GTA that no game can match. In every GTA (specially GTA4) i feel like they have their own personality. In other games the cars look tiny. But in this game (and 4) the cars look massive and unique.

The map. The minimap is so sweet. How it changes if you are driving or on foot, or indoors. The only thing I think is missing (as i've seen in videos) is that minimap don't show the landing zones when you are on a plane. And I love the zoom you can do in the big map. The only negative point is that it needs two clicks to get that map. It really needs a dedicated button. Or at least holding start.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Have you guys heard about the secret message on the back of the map? Need an ultra violet light to see it.

Madness

WHAT owning a full garage does not save your car? WTF why would you ever spend $ on a tricked out car then when it could blow up a few streets ahead bye bye all $ you spend on making your car look cool/better.

Yeah it does. Each character not only has their safehouse garage, but a special garage for their rides too. Michael has this fancy one near his house, Franklin has the Grove Street Garage near his. I've got like 4-5 vehicles stored in each like the lambo, therapists porsche, etc. They stay there until you take it out. Don't know what the limit is though.

Plus, I've found, unless you leave your car on the street, grass, etc. It stays if you park in a parking spot or directly in front of a building. And even then, it's parked nearby.

kris.

Banned
I was super dumb and invested in LifeInvader after blowing up the dude... Argghhh it's pissing me off. So who are the competitors? I missed it during the cutscene.

I've only done two so far. (minor spoilers!!)
Can't remember the fiirst one. :( But the second one (when you're killing the jurors for the Redwood trial, invest in Debonaire Cigarettes. Their stock goes nuts afterwards.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game does reward you for a lot of things that you do (unlike GTAIV), so I wouldn't be surprised if golding every mission grants you something crazy, like a personal jet plane with sexy people in it.

Madness

Have you guys heard about the secret message on the back of the map? Need an ultra violet light to see it.

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx

Nerfon

GTAV sound on PS3 with Pulse headset and the custom GTAV preset they released on pulse manager app yesterday sound really impressive with a virtual 7.1

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah it does. Each character not only has their safehouse garage, but a special garage for their rides too. Michael has this fancy one near his house, Franklin has the Grove Street Garage near his. I've got like 4-5 vehicles stored in each like the lambo, therapists porsche, etc. They stay there until you take it out. Don't know what the limit is though.

Plus, I've found, unless you leave your car on the street, grass, etc. It stays if you park in a parking spot or directly in front of a building. And even then, it's parked nearby.

He means save it as in if it blows up you can just go get another at your garage. Currently if you take your souped up car out of the garage and it blows up the only way to get it back is the insurance thing I believe.

dankir

How is it that this game looks so good on the same hardware that GTA4 runs on? All the animation, lighting, textures for the most part.... it's crazy.

Rockstar are gods!

Also Lamar is fucking hilarious, love the banter with him and Franklin.

thanks for the info, but if you wrack a car that you put into your garage is it gone forever or is it SAVED in that garage for retrieval when you wrack it?

SRTtoZ

Just customized my first car...

I need more money so I can throw real money into it though...

YrQXOFt.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xbox 360 GTA V install setup

250GB HDD: Forced install disc

16GB USB 3.0 Stick: Play disc (2) (pin to home)

Internal 4GB memory: Save files

Cross posting.

Make sure your asses buy a decent usb 3.0 stick. Game is ALOT more enjoyable now, no texture issues.

Terra_Ex

what does safezone size mean in options

It regulates whereabouts critical visual elements of the game (UI) are shown on the screen - the larger the safezone, the closer to the edges of your screen various UI elements will be (things could potentially be clipped off the edge of the screen depending on your TV and overscan settings).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_area_(television)

Taxi missions are a great way to make money.

There's an infinite amount of them, right?
Yes

This game does reward you for a lot of things that you do (unlike GTAIV), so I wouldn't be surprised if golding every mission grants you something crazy, like a personal jet plane with sexy people in it.

I didnt see anything in the guide about this. guide does show this game has an enormous amount of content, all kinds of crazy things to do and collect

void666

Banned
Is it true this game has dynamic resolution? I was driving around downtown los santos. The game looked like ass. Then later i was walking on the sidewalk and everything looked fine again.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xbox 360 GTA V install setup

250GB HDD: Forced install disc

16GB USB 3.0 Stick: Play disc (2) (pin to home)

Internal 4GB memory: Save files

Cross posting.

Make sure your asses buy a decent usb 3.0 stick. Game is A LOT more enjoyable now, no texture loading/blurred/pop issues.

Damn last page.

Heads up ^ ^ ^

Madness

thanks for the info, but if you wrack a car that you put into your garage is it gone forever or is it SAVED in that garage for retrieval when you wrack it?

If it's a vehicle that is saved in the large garage, it's gone forever, unless you had insurance I believe. It doesn't give you a free clone everytime to take out. Makes sense, and I guess it's Rockstar trying to make the game a bit more realistic that you only get one car, as opposed to a free clone everytime.

Yoshichan

Do you get anything for golding the shooting range?
25% discount in every Ammu-Nation store. Character specific trait btw, so you have to complete it with different characters for everyone to get it!

Yoshichan

Marvellous. Thanks, guys/gals/whateverthehellyouis
Dino! I'm a dino!

And speaking of dinos, how many funfairs are there in-game? I love them but I've only found two of them so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom