• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying the game a thousand times more now that I'm playing as
Trevor.
I'm really excited to see what comes next, which is a big jump over how I felt about the first few Franklin missions.

Edit: I'm a member now! Great way to start the day.

Nerfon

Oh I need to try this. Never used that app? How does it work?

Search pulse on psn store , for NA app was always here but for europe was published jsut yesterday.
Install the app and launch it from games folder.
Connect the headphone with usb to ps3 and put it on .
From this program can update and upload six sound modes on the headphone at a time.
There is custom ones for tlou , some other games and GTAV.
Just on left disable one the six modes and select gtav for fill the space.
Chose update and in 5 minutes it flash the headphone

P.S. First time i did the upload it's a bit longer than 5 mins but i guess this app also patch headphone firmware to latest one.

Xbox 360 GTA V install setup

250GB HDD: Forced install disc

16GB USB 3.0 Stick: Play disc (2) (pin to home)

Internal 4GB memory: Save files

Cross posting.

Make sure your asses buy a decent usb 3.0 stick. Game is ALOT more enjoyable now, no texture issues.

Xbox 360 320GB HDD: install disc

500GB WD USB 3.0 My Passport (partitioned to 32GB for the Xbox): play disc

Game saves on 320GB

14 hours of gameplay so far and no popups.

I have a 16GB PNY Compact Attache USB stick that I might try the play disc on.

EDIT: As Trevor, I called a Taxi to take me somewhere as I was typing this, and was shot at by the cops for no reason whatsoever. I got tossed out of the Taxi and was killed. What?

Madness

Thanks again
:( that is not cool why would you ever spend $ on your car that could be gone at any moment.

Yeah, it's why I don't do any tuneups. The majority of the cars in the rich areas have great acceleration, handling already, so no real need to do so. Especially early on when you barely have enough cash. But if you've got several hundred thousand to over a million doesn't really matter. Plus you can get insurance I think.

I just saved a bunch of bikes and cars because it's rare to find a lambo, or the best motorcycles etc. Then again, if you have a souped up car, just remember to fix it every so often at the Los Santos customs shops so it doesn't get destroyed.

Xbox 360 320GB HDD: install disc

500GB WD USB 3.0 My Passport (partitioned to 32GB for the Xbox): play disc

Game saves on 320GB

14 hours of gameplay so far and no popups.

I have a 16GB PNY Compact Attache USB stick that I might try the play disc on.

maybe I'm just lucky. I have an original 20gb 360 so not much free space on the HDD. I did the mandatory install part to my SanDisk cruzer 16gb USB drive (Xbox said it met performance goal) and am just running the play disc from the ODD (my Xbox is in a closet so it keeps the noise down)

no pop in or any kind of performance issue for me. In fact, the frame rate seems to be near 60fps in some places.

What stick do you recommend?

Not OP, but I'm unsure if 3.0 makes a difference, I did it anyway but I'm not sure if the 360 even uses 3.0 (pretty sure it's 2.0).

I got this one and it works fine. Didn't feel like waiting for Amazon so got it at Best Buy when I picked up GTAV

no pop in or any kind of performance issue for me. In fact, the frame rate seems to be near 60fps in some places.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong here, unless you're staring at a wall with absolutely nothing going on ... and even then I don't think it goes that high.

Arcteryx

Worst part of the game: shooting from a car as a passenger. The camera auto adjusts so you can't aim(it keeps re-adjusting)...so fucking annoying. On top of that: the tooltip says "use L1 to aim"...but L1 fires while in the car(at least with the control setup I'm using).

Is there an option to force camera control to manual only?

El Daniel

Entered a stream, it was at the beginning of the game. The streamer then shouted the ending and showed
Trevor dying

Thanks streamer, you always know how to fuck up one of the only unspoiled games I've played.

Why did I read this. Don't read this guys.

Where is the Blimp code for the SE 360 version? Is it the one that is bundled with the weapons and discounts and such? Or is it somewhere else? I can't seem to locate/find the blimp.

Yeah, it's why I don't do any tuneups. The majority of the cars in the rich areas have great acceleration, handling already, so no real need to do so. Especially early on when you barely have enough cash. But if you've got several hundred thousand to over a million doesn't really matter. Plus you can get insurance I think.

I just saved a bunch of bikes and cars because it's rare to find a lambo, or the best motorcycles etc. Then again, if you have a souped up car, just remember to fix it every so often at the Los Santos customs shops so it doesn't get destroyed.
Thanks again for all the info, I guess that is they best thing to do then.
I understand but its really a shame I like to upgrade things but if your $ is all gone just like that why spend it.

kris.

Banned
He also hosts the TV show shame or fame

Haven't really watched much TV, but glad to know that. Lazlow is honestly probably my favorite character in the series, which sounds kinda ridiculous, but listening (and now watching I guess) his career throughout the series has been absolutely fascinating.

ScOULaris

Ah, still haven't used that blimp code yet. So it adds a contact to your phone who will drop the blimp off somewhere for you to use? That's baller status.

RDreamer

I must note it's fucking weird having a main character in a game I'm playing share my name... Especially someone so fucked up... (My name's Trevor)

eival

so is there no way to train Chop or atleast make him level up, other than the stupid app?

will he be useless the entire game without it? am i wasting time playing fetch with him?

Acorn

If it's a vehicle that is saved in the large garage, it's gone forever, unless you had insurance I believe. It doesn't give you a free clone everytime to take out. Makes sense, and I guess it's Rockstar trying to make the game a bit more realistic that you only get one car, as opposed to a free clone everytime.

I don't think you can insure your car in singleplayer?

Edit- Also I want to know how to train chop without the app.

DrBo42

Started playing via PSN last night, no performance or pop-in woes so far. I can't believe how much they've pumped out of such crap hardware at this point. The lighting and art teams have gone above and beyond. I almost want to stop and wait for PC (PS3 controller/default controls suck) but I know I cannot.

Wow, not even 30 minutes in - these graphics, the lightning, the smooth framerate, the level of detail? Somehow this level of polish reminds me of The Last of Us - the kind of game a dev can put out on a console after years of experience with the hardware and after many sequels... :*(

DirtyLarry

GTAV sound on PS3 with Pulse headset and the custom GTAV preset they released on pulse manager app yesterday sound really impressive with a virtual 7.1
Yeah as note, myself and a few others are experiencing the exact opposite.
Bass is literally non existent, even cranked up all the way, and volume just does not seem that loud at all.
I have tried playing around with all settings as well, and it is the same if I use the GTA V preset or not. No bass at all especially.
Odd.

Wondering if maybe it is somehow related to type of PS3?
I am on an original phat PS3.

Arcteryx

Question about stranger missions:

Did anyone else do the angry runner chick one(I think you have to do it as Michael)?
while running to the beach I hopped a fence and she started yelling about me cheating and it carried over to the cutscene. Does it play out differently if you don't "cheat"? I wasn't forced to hop it, so I'm curious if these can have different outcomes.

Also for the mini-stranger missions(the red/blue flashing dots) make sure to do the one with the guy yelling about his bike being stolen...the reward is amazing.

AkuMifune

Banned
right on the dpad

Of all the technical achievements, they're pushing the controller almost as much as the hardware. There's not enough buttons!

I kept jacking taxi's trying to get in one. Didn't realize it was tap triangle, not hold. Seems like far less taxi's than in Liberty City, though I guess it makes sense. Any way to hail them?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Of all the technical achievements, they're pushing the controller almost as much as the hardware. There's not enough buttons!

I kept jacking taxi's trying to get in one. Didn't realize it was tap triangle, not hold. Seems like far less taxi's than in Liberty City, though I guess it makes sense. Any way to hail them?

Right on the D-Pad. That seems to be the go to button.

Septimius

right on the dpad

:p

Dead Man

Please turn off lock-on dude. I don't understand why R* defaults to this bullshit. I think they acknowledge that most gamers suck at games.

The reason they do it is because they have always done it, there was no free aim at all until 4. R* are set in their ways, it's the only explanation for some of the shit in the game.

Madness

Question about stranger missions:

Did anyone else do the angry runner chick one(I think you have to do it as Michael)?
while running to the beach I hopped a fence and she started yelling about me cheating and it carried over to the cutscene. Does it play out differently if you don't "cheat"? I wasn't forced to hop it, so I'm curious if these can have different outcomes.

Also for the mini-stranger missions(the red/blue flashing dots) make sure to do the one with the guy yelling about his bike being stolen...the reward is amazing.

Lol, I tried to recover that guys bike, but they were just too fast. Felt like Mario Kart, no matter how fast I caught up, they were just too good and I didn't know if I could shoot them down. As for the other thing,
I didn't hop any fences and the first time I did a complete fair race but I lost near the end because Michael collapsed like he had a stroke and so the second time I ran across grass and cut through the street in a sense and she said I was a cheater etc.

Atsumi

UGH. ONLY 7 MORE HOURS OF WORK AND THEN I CAN PLAY SOME MORE.

Same here and it's killing me. Especially since my brother gets married this weekend so there won't be much time to play then. (not that I'm not super excited about my brother's wedding. Cause I am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom