• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
25% discount in every Ammu-Nation store. Character specific trait btw, so you have to complete it with different characters for everyone to get it!

Well, that's lame. That whole set took a long time. I got gold on everything except the third pistol challenge which looks to be impossible.

Nyx

I THOUGHT YOU WERE HOURS AWAY! DAMN YOU.

I must find a way to leave at once!

Burn everything down and run!

I need to wait another hour before I can go home, then need to eat diner (who thought of the fact that you need to eat to survive damnit!), and the missus needs some attention as well.

FML lol

Alienous

Is it true this game has dynamic resolution? I was driving around downtown los santos. The game looked like ass. Then later i was walking on the sidewalk and everything looked fine again.

It has to.

You can see the drop in IQ when a lot of things are on screen. Everything becomes more blurred, so the resolution has likely dropped.

I've had about 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours, so forgive me if I'm not making sense.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, that's lame. That whole set took a long time. I got gold on everything except the third pistol challenge which looks to be impossible.
It was super easy once I turned down the aiming sensitivity to the lowest! Find an angle (I always choose left side), aim + focus aim, hold down the trigger and slowly push the analog to the right/left and follow it all the way until you start to reload the gun. That's when you reposition yourself and prepare for the target to show up again.

Septimius

Burn everything down and run!

I need to wait another hour before I can go home, then need to eat diner (who thought of the fact that you need to eat to survive damnit!), and the missus needs some attention as well.

FML lol

I'm gonna go, now! WEEE.

And my girl is placed in 'launch window mode', where she knows I'll be hogging the TV and that generally my day will go to whatever game just launched. She's awesome like that.

pringles

My beautiful modded car that I had in Franklin's garage disappeared after I had been playing as Michael for a while... :-(

So far that's the only disppointment I've encountered in the game, and it'll probably lead to me avoiding spending money on modding for a while.

I have an orange skull on my map. It's not labeled from the pause menu map. When I go to it it's 3 guys on a street corner. Nothing happens if I talk to them. If I kill them the skull goes away only to come back later. Any ideas?

MDSLKTR

Played 4 hours, ever since I woke up that's all I've been thinking. Will double dip on a ps4/pc version so fast it's not even funny.
Random event (previous gta) spoiler
lol Packy, didn't expect that. I hope we see more characters from previous games

jcutner

Xbox 360 GTA V install setup

250GB HDD: Forced install disc

16GB USB 3.0 Stick: Play disc (2) (pin to home)

Internal 4GB memory: Save files

Cross posting.

Make sure your asses buy a decent usb 3.0 stick. Game is ALOT more enjoyable now, no texture issues.

What stick do you recommend?

ironcreed

Banned
A few more shots that finally loaded up. Here is my Michael

0_0.jpg

"Aye yo, can I git a blimp?"

0_0.jpg

City at night from blimp

0_0.jpg

Astarte

Entered a stream, it was at the beginning of the game. The streamer then shouted the ending and showed
Trevor dying

Thanks streamer, you always know how to fuck up one of the only unspoiled games I've played.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I am but I have two problems.

One is the right aiming angle that I just can't find. The other is that as you hold down the button the spread gets wider. Eventually a stray bullet go out and kills the combo.

This is the one that moves left to right, yeah? You using free-aim? I set the reticule on the yellow bit as quick as possible and then move left to right/right to left with it. Reload when it flips. Should be okay, I have 100% accuracy on all the pistol challenges and I used the AP mostly. Hope that helps...?

Alienous

I have an orange skull on my map. It's not labeled from the pause menu map. When I go to it it's 3 guys on a street corner. Nothing happens if I talk to them. If I kill them the skull goes away only to come back later. Any ideas?

I know what the orange skull for, and you should of had to of done a stranger mission to unlock it. Spoilers for those who have not yet been refused a beer for your dry throat (You'll know what I'm talking about if it has happened to you).
It's the rampage icon. Which usually has 2-3 gang members standing at the location to initiate the activity. Try to complete the stranger missions in the area Trevor is initially in

nOoblet16

I find the cooldown time from cop evasion to be too long, atleast it's too long for 1-2 star wanted level. i don't want to go offroad or find an alley to hide and then wait there for 10-20 seconds just to get rid of 1 star...seems too much.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
So did that Kavinsky radio station rumor turn out to be BS?
Apparently, according to the leak list in the last few weeks but I havent heard anything since.

Played yesterday and didnt really concentrate much on the radio, but is there a Lazlow station anywhere?

If it's a vehicle that is saved in the large garage, it's gone forever, unless you had insurance I believe. It doesn't give you a free clone everytime to take out. Makes sense, and I guess it's Rockstar trying to make the game a bit more realistic that you only get one car, as opposed to a free clone everytime.
Thanks again
:( that is not cool why would you ever spend $ on your car that could be gone at any moment.

ruxtpin

Banned
I love the end of a generation/beginning of the next. We got the new consoles with their fancy tricks right around the corner and then we have awesome games on the current consoles (I'm looking at you TLOU, Infinite, and GTAV).

GTAV is top-notch.

kris.

Banned
Apparently, according to the leak list in the last few weeks but I havent heard anything since.

Played yesterday and didnt really concentrate much on the radio, but is there a Lazlow station anywhere?

He (Lazlow, that is) has a show on WCTR called Chattersphere. It's funny as hell.

Alienous

I find the cooldown time from cop evasion to be too long, atleast it's too long for 1-2 star wanted level. i don't want to go offroad or find an alley to hide and then wait there for 10-20 seconds just to get rid of 1 star...seems too much.

You don't need to wait. In fact, it's most fun when you try to stay constantly mobile, trying to dodge the cones of vision of the police. It is also, often, more practical to keep moving in the direction you were going.

If the cooldown time were any shorter, police searches would be of no consequence. You would probably be able to pull up whatever car you are driving and just hide behind that for 10 seconds without police getting close enough to investigate.

Feels shorter, or at least easier to get away, than it was in IV so I'm fine with it so far. Though I've only had cops on me about 3 times so far.

Man this game truly becomes something else. I need the song during the part when
Michael starts hallucinating that he's flying in the city with just his underwear on after being drugged by his son.

The directions this game is going to is just too much sometimes. In a very good way.

so wait. If I do shooting range challenges and get medals, does that effect the controls? Like if i did the mission with Michael as Franklin and sucked at the shooting and Michael texted me saying to practice my shooting.. is that actual advice?

This game is going to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom