• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Found this in a cable car station on top of Mount Chilliad.
3bDcQER.jpg

Any guesses as to what it means?

You reckon we can get inside Mt Chilliad? Perhaps there are more markings at the locations on the side of it?! Maybe there is a beating heart in there...?

More likely, R* are trolling. :)

This could lead to spoilers so i'll be safe.

What are some tips on early stocks to invest in? It seems like whenever I do something in game it always drives stocks down, but I would like to invest knowing that they will shoot up in price.

I think my next main mission has Franklin and Michael going to the same place, is there any difference in how everything plays out if I go with either of them?

Wasp

It regulates whereabouts critical visual elements of the game (UI) are shown on the screen - the larger the safezone, the closer to the edges of your screen various UI elements will be (things could potentially be clipped off the edge of the screen depending on your TV and overscan settings).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_area_(television)
I was really glad that the game had this option. Now I can play the game with overscan turned off and not have the HUD two inches into the middle of the screen. It's a pretty small thing but so many games neglect to have this option.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Would you mind explaining why? I'm just curious because he is, so far, one of my least favorite characters I've ever played in a game. I don't like playing as a sadistic murderer.

The intro into playing as the character for the first time (a few hours into the game) made me want to stop playing completely.

DukeBobby

Would you mind explaining why? I'm just curious because he is, so far, one of my least favorite characters I've ever played in a game. I don't like playing as a sadistic murderer.

I like playing as a sadistic murderer. Simple as that.

Also, his voice acting is so damn good.

So you can replay missions right?

How does that work for the missions? Do you gain the extra money for completing it?

I think its all about getting 100% completion

They dont hint before the mission what kind of things you have to do to get 100% (eg get x headshots, dont run over people etc)

kris.

Banned
Trevor is one of my favourite video game characters ever.

Interesting. I dunno how I feel about him. I was expecting to get like a crazy funny loony kinda guy who happens to murder people. Not a sadistic psychopath who snaps on a whim and
stomps someone's head in whenever he feels like.
It just makes me slightly uncomfortable.
That whole torture scene was one of the most awkward and uncomfortable missions I've done in a game.
He just irks me. Not at all what I was expecting. Not that he doesn't make me laugh every now and then.

Michael, on the other hand, might be one of my favorite GTA characters so far.

Dabanton

Question about stranger missions:

Did anyone else do the angry runner chick one(I think you have to do it as Michael)?
while running to the beach I hopped a fence and she started yelling about me cheating and it carried over to the cutscene. Does it play out differently if you don't "cheat"? I wasn't forced to hop it, so I'm curious if these can have different outcomes.

Also for the mini-stranger missions(the red/blue flashing dots) make sure to do the one with the guy yelling about his bike being stolen...the reward is amazing.

If you win she
screams that she's still in training for the triathlon then jumps on her bike and cycles off.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The intro into playing as the character for the first time (a few hours into the game) made me want to stop playing completely.

Really? He's one of my favorites because he's the first GTA protagonist that is a bit off his rocker, and actually fits the persona of what players turn their GTA character into anyways, an off-balance psychopath that attempts to act decent around other people but isn't sure how to do so.

His acting is great too.

Jhoan

I'm surprised OT1 is still alive. UPS said my copy would be arriving between 10:30AM and 2:30PM today since no one was home last night to receive it. I had a dentist appointment and need to run an errand.

In any case I left a note saying to leave it with my building's super since he said he would take it. Too bad I won't have any time to play as I need to go to school but I'll install it at the very least. My friend has been blazing through the story; I'm definitely going to explore and soak it all in before doing any story missions.

I like playing as a sadistic murderer. Simple as that.

Also, his voice acting is so damn good.

For some reason I've been trying to play Michael and Franklin as fairly grounded characters thus far, but that will all change when Trevor enters the fray :D

Going to go crazy with him.

Anyone having problems with PS3 version, mine just stays on the loading screen for ages and doesn't seem to start the game.

Shitty ps3, the last time I played and turned the system off, it sounded that double beep, which usually means a program want responding.

Ducks sake

D23

I'm at work and all I can think about is playing grand theft auto. I don't remember the last time a video game have this effect on me.

I'm craving gta ah 6 more hours

Im playing the characters as follows:

Franklin: The good guy, I try and progress with minimal damage and bloodshed to the world.

Micheal: I'm out to make money. I rob people and places but keep bloodshed to a minimum... unless things get serious (people fight back, cops show up, etc)... then the Assault rifles come out and it's on.

Trevor: Psycho, everything dies, in whatever way possible.

inky

Ya, he's not my cup of tea either. I know what people will say as well, "but in every GTA you already play as one, bla bla". But still, I prefer the more hypocritical, less broken ones. For example, the first time I took Michael to the psychologist:
He says: "Heck, I probably killed a guy on my way here, and you know what, I don't care".
. Which means at least Rockstar was being more aware while writing these characters.

Interesting approach, but far from my favorite part of the game.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just did the Merryweather Heist. So much fun but damn
20 mill we could have had :(

rouken

what do i do with the settings again to enjoy free aim? because it controls like a robot when aiming.

also my dlc code doesn't work when i try to redeem it, server problem or is the code really screwed?

Made the triple beep again when turning off, Eurch, ps3 xmb is taking longer to load, will delete install and reinstall, hope that fixes it, I'm forever having problems with my PS3 and is always the hard drive getting corrupt or the database corrupt.

coughlanio

This could lead to spoilers so i'll be safe.

What are some tips on early stocks to invest in? It seems like whenever I do something in game it always drives stocks down, but I would like to invest knowing that they will shoot up in price.

Spoilers I guess?

Don't buy until you've driven them down, then drive down the competition, driving your stocks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom