• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
This game keeps on getting better and better. Sorry that I haven't been on the thread as much lately, but I have been spending all my free time with GTAV!

cripterion

Only gripe I have so far in this game is me missing out on some missions because the ingame camera functions doesn't seem to be working thanks to Rockstar shoddy servers.

All the rest is just pure pleasure, enjoying myself a lot even with the poor IQ and framerate problems.

Xbox 360 GTA V install setup

250GB HDD: Forced install disc

16GB USB 3.0 Stick: Play disc (2) (pin to home)

Internal 4GB memory: Save files

Cross posting.

Make sure your asses buy a decent usb 3.0 stick. Game is ALOT more enjoyable now, no texture issues.

Quoting for others, and to ask, someone recommend me a good USB 3.0 stick.

Pojo_King

Neo Member
So been playing for a few hours. Don't have
Trevor
yet. I have to say this is so much better than the disappointing GTAIV. It feels like the games I loved Vice City & San Andreas, but on a completely maxed out level of polish. It's insane how many small details Rockstar packed into this game.

Fun story from my game session.
So apparently if people are freaked out from you talking to them too much they will call the police on you. I was climbing up the hill to the Vinewood sign when I spotted a cougar in front of me. I had nothing but my fists so I ran back down the hill and came upon a woman. I started talking to her and she at first was spouting some quasi-spanish at me. I tried again and she says "Leave me alone or I will call the police." As I was running back up the hill I notice I have one wanted star! The police chatter comes on and I hear them say something about "a wild animal is on the loose" I looked back down the hill and I could see the woman I was pestering getting attacked by the cougar.

THIS GAME!

Dave_6

Shit this game is amazing! Played from ~6 PM to almost 2 AM and had to be up for work at 6. I'm itching to get home and start it back up! Sooooo good.

Is the iFruit app still down for anyone else? I got my custom tag in the game last night but haven't been able to log onto the app since Monday.

Wasp

Anyone kind of want to follow traffic laws when in a car..........?

Or is that just me?
Not traffic laws no, but I always try really hard to avoid accidental hitting pedestrians and other cars. I feel quite annoyed when I do, especially if my car gets scratched and dented.

Also I always park my car at the side of the road before getting out, I could never just leave my vehicle in the middle of the road obstructing the traffic.

So how much this sold on day 1?

How much will NPDs show for the month?

6 Mil?

Call of Duty games sell 7-8 million first month don't they? I would expect GTA to either get right around that or better? I know it doesn't mean a whole lot, but my Gamestop had double the people in line at midnight that Black Ops 2 had.

todahawk

R1. I can't wait to get more swimming in. Just not enough time!

I've been robbing stores all along the coast and then driving like a mofo down to the beach and jumping in the water (sometimes driving right in the water as I'm using jacked cars anyhow), easy way to lose 2 stars and get some swimming in.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Really? He's one of my favorites because he's the first GTA protagonist that is a bit off his rocker, and actually fits the persona of what players turn their GTA character into anyways, an off-balance psychopath that attempts to act decent around other people but isn't sure how to do so.

His acting is great too.

The acting is good, but I dunno. It caught me off guard. That's an interesting insight into the character I didn't think of actually.

kris.

Banned
I've been robbing stores all along the coast and then driving like a mofo down to the beach and jumping in the water (sometimes driving right in the water as I'm using jacked cars anyhow), easy way to lose 2 stars and get some swimming in.

What stores are you robbing/how are you robbing them?

Scrabble

I haven't played it because I'm holding out for the pc version, but I refuse to believe this game can be as good and mesmerizing as you guys are making it out to be, but just please tell me one thing. Are the controls at least better than GTAIV? Would you say there more like RDR or Max Payne 3?

MMaRsu

lock on is great, it compensates the terrible sticks for shooters on ps3 :)

it does kinda kill the shooting stat though, out of the game you can pretty much mow everybody down without any issue. this isn't mass effect 1.

Yeah lets play babby mode no skill involved just hold the trigger..

I cannot for the life of me fathom why people want to play with a shitty lockon.

Terra_Ex

Is there an equivalent to the dedicated news-based Liberty Tree website in GTAV? I haven't perused V's fake internet as much as I did with IV but it seems that game events are not tracked/reported on except via lifehacker/bleeter. Kinda missing the write-ups on my criminal activities.

Joeki11a

Banned
I haven't played it because I'm holding out for the pc version, but I refuse to believe this game can be as good and mesmerizing as you guys are making it out to be, but just please tell me one thing. Are the controls at least better than GTAIV? Would you say there more like RDR or Max Payne 3?

It resembles MP3 more

kris.

Banned

How bout stop being such a pessimist?

So there is no way to remap the controls, is there? Using RT and RB while flying a plane is pretty annoying.

*Patiently waits for PC version*

went into the fancy barber to see it getting robbed, even had a cutscene where they put a gun to frank's head

followed them outside and unloaded on their getaway car with the ak, killed the driver, they crash head on into a bus and their car explodes

lawl

Thanks for the sticky bomb answers, one more question. Where can I all buy glasses? The bilabong place has some tacky ones but the other shops I visit don't seem to have a massive selection or any at all. And I haven't found a single pair of glasses, just sunglasses.

U2NUMB

For anyone on the 360 wondering how this works.. I have the install disc on my HDD along with my save. I then have the play disc installed on a USB and after 5 hours of playing last night it ran butter smooth. Made a big difference so if you have a USB install the play disc onto that.

MMaRsu

Nothing pleases me more than reading all these positive comments from GAF. R* delivered so fucking hard, wow.

Yeah I think this game is more like San Andreas in that it has some faults but most are easily overlooked making this one of the best if not the best open world sandbox game ever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
what do i do with the settings again to enjoy free aim? because it controls like a robot when aiming.
There's no options that I know of, but man, I wish there was. Aiming in this game feels cumbersome as hell. And the "flick right stick to target" thing is really inconsistent.

Pojo_King

Neo Member
A few other things

I love Franklin's special ability! It feels so awesome to be going 90-100 then weaving in between a slew of cars and coming out unscathed. Awesome addition !

The way that Rockstar makes this game world feel alive is just incredible. Case in point; I had just finished a freaks and strangers mission for this one woman. Franklin tells her after the mission that he is busy with some stuff and needs to get going. She gets on her cell and starts talking and I decide I want to stick around and listen to the conversation. When she wraps up the call, she notices I am still there and says "Didn't you say you had someplace to be ?" Wow! It's little things like this that just make this overall package shine.

spekkeh

Banned
So I was just dicking around trying to crash my car as wildly as possible and getting a bit bored with it when I passed a gas station. I parked my car and wondered if I could rob the station and quickly drive away. I walk to the counter, pull my gun and sure enough he immediately starts emptying the register and putting all the money in a plastic bag.

I thought that was pretty neat. Was probably already possible in previous GTAs (I remember something about doing stickups in chuck e cheeses), but it felt a lot more natural and random here, with all the right animations and the white plastic bag that was quiveringly thrown over the counter. Those are cool touches.

I do wish when I stole that beautiful sailing yacht I would have actually been able to sail though. Seemed like a simple additions as they already had the sail in place and react to the wind. Immersion lost again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom