• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I forgot the controls for some reason while doing a mission with Franklin and Lamar, and while chasing some dude in a vehicle, I hit triangle and rolled out of the car all over the fucking pavement.

The mission clearly botched, the chuckling began, quickly turning into explosive laughter as Lamar comes running up to me from the wrecked car with, "The fuck is wrong with you!?"

Having so much fun and I've barely begun.

AkuMifune

Banned
I've been robbing stores all along the coast and then driving like a mofo down to the beach and jumping in the water (sometimes driving right in the water as I'm using jacked cars anyhow), easy way to lose 2 stars and get some swimming in.

Real world please go away. I need to get back to GTAV ASAP.

Heads up, I'm on a new PS3 with no friends and will be adding some of you from the PS3 crew (AkuMifune). My PS3 is just going to be a GTAV machine for a while I think.

todahawk

What stores are you robbing/how are you robbing them?

The 24/7 convenience stores. The first time you walk in it tells you how to hold em up but just point a weapon at the guy behind the register...

it's random what happens next. He either pisses himself and gives you a bunch of cash in a bag, runs away screaming or pulls a gun and tries to stop you. In either of the later two cases (after killing the clerk) get behind the register (like you're the clerk) and hit right on the d-pad. You'll grab a few fistfuls of cash.

it seems you get more money if the cashier does it for you and if you have to grab the cash yourself the cops start coming immediately as well.

very early in the game i had been busted and lost all ammo and had almost no cash so I was desperate looking for some money when I did my first robbery. no ammo in my pistol and the dude still coughed up the cash.

one guy started begging me to leave saying I had all the money already when i noticed the back room. i walked in (cops were coming) and saw a medium sized safe. i can't wait to get c4 or figure out how to open those up!

Is there going to be a good population of people playing with auto-lock off when GTA Online comes out? I'd rather play with it off but if most will be playing with it on then I guess I'll just deal.

Starting to think about how genius Rockstar's plan was to launch GTA Online two weeks later.

I mean think about it. In two weeks a lot of people will probably have plowed through the game and may be just running around collecting secrets and then BAM, a whole new GTA experience to waste time in.

Rizsparky

Starting to think about how genius Rockstar's plan was to launch GTA Online two weeks later.

I mean think about it. In two weeks a lot of people will probably have plowed through the game and may be just running around collecting secrets and then BAM, a whole new GTA experience to waste time in.
Yeah, amazing value for money.

Raven77

Any other parents of young ones figure out a way to handle the language in this game? I don't think they give you a filter option OR an option to turn off voices...

I just play when they are not around but a few buddies of mine are really struggling since they live in smaller places where the kids are nearby.

todahawk

Real world please go away. I need to get back to GTAV ASAP.

Heads up, I'm on a new PS3 with no friends and will be adding some of you from the PS3 crew (AkuMifune). My PS3 is just going to be a GTAV machine for a while I think.

join the PS3 GAF crew if you can but my PSN id is todahawk

LOL i know... right in my veins! i'm at work and it's all i can think about, don't think the disc will be leaving the drive anytime soon... *cough* i think i might be getting sick.

oh & good god i can't wait for online

Pojo_King

Neo Member
So last night I forgot the controls for some reason while doing a mission with Franklin and Lamar, and while chasing some dude in a vehicle, I hit triangle and rolled out of the car all over the fucking pavement.

The mission clearly botched, the chuckling began, quickly turning into explosive laughter as Lamar comes running up to me from the wrecked car with, "The fuck is wrong with you!?"

Having so much fun and I've barely begun.

Yeah, I had a moment where I decided to run across a packed freeway,while I am dodging cars Franklin yells out "This doesn't make any fucking sense" I lost it.

hayguyz

Banned
Any other parents of young ones figure out a way to handle the language in this game? I don't think they give you a filter option OR an option to turn off voices...

I just play when they are not around but a few buddies of mine are really struggling since they live in smaller places where the kids are nearby.

play when they're asleep

Rizsparky

Only thing I can think of its lowering the volume and putting subtitles on.

kris.

Banned
The 24/7 convenience stores. The first time you walk in it tells you how to hold em up but just point a weapon at the guy behind the register...

it's random what happens next. He either pisses himself and gives you a bunch of cash in a bag, runs away screaming or pulls a gun and tries to stop you. In either of the later two cases (after killing the clerk) get behind the register (like you're the clerk) and hit right on the d-pad. You'll grab a few fistfuls of cash.

it seems you get more money if the cashier does it for you and if you have to grab the cash yourself the cops start coming immediately as well.

very early in the game i had been busted and lost all ammo and had almost no cash so I was desperate looking for some money when I did my first robbery. no ammo in my pistol and the dude still coughed up the cash.

one guy started begging me to leave saying I had all the money already when i noticed the back room. i walked in (cops were coming) and saw a medium sized safe. i can't wait to get c4 or figure out how to open those up!

Ah, excellent! Gonna try this when I get home. Thanks!

Reule

About that first Heist..

Man, you really have to pick your people right or at least try to do something daring if they mess up. I picked a cheaper gunman like others most likely did and lost out 1.5M since the guy dropped it after he crashed. Blows my mind that I could've actually picked it up or that Franklin has a chance to. From now on though, I think I'm just going to hire professionals instead of amateurs. Them's the breaks! Still walked away with a healthy cut for everyone.

If Online heists are anything like the singleplayer, it's going to be unreal.

oooo...did it say anything when you got close? hopefully it is interactable.

keyrat

I'm playing with free-aim instead of the default. It's great, for the most part, but shooting from a car seems trickier than it could be.

If you play with default controls does it do aim-assist when shooting from a car?

Quidam

Are clothes stores unlocked from the beginning? I'm sure I've driven past some and they're not on the map, do I need to have done a relevant mission first?

todahawk

Yeah lets play babby mode no skill involved just hold the trigger..

I cannot for the life of me fathom why people want to play with a shitty lockon.

I switched immediately to free aim and spent waaaaaay too much time in the shooting range last night (besides my coastal crime spree).

$14 to play with the mini gun? awesome. read that all gold medals gives you a %25 discount but either way having a ton of fun getting comfy with the recoil of the different weapons.

anddo0

Mock if it has been mentioned 100 times already, but the official manual for iOS is awesome

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/id699032795?mt=8

You get a full blown "satellite" kind of map, with different locations too...Must check it out.

I play with my ipad by my side checking stuff out on the map as I go along.

EDIT

That's your hospital bill

So you die you lose your money?

I guess I got the saving your money at the ATM thing confused with GTA Online.

Rizsparky

I'm playing with free-aim instead of the default. It's great, for the most part, but shooting from a car seems trickier than it could be.

If you play with default controls does it do aim-assist when shooting from a car?

Don't think so, the shooting whilst driving controls are probably my only gripe with this game

DukeBobby

Are clothes stores unlocked from the beginning? I'm sure I've driven past some and they're not on the map, do I need to have done a relevant mission first?

Yes, you have to do a relevant mission first.

I'm not sure if you can enter them before they appear on the map, though.

Anyone know what this bag is? I just found it along with a note while driving a dirt bike up a huge mountain. It's in my inventory and I can't select it.

3CNH9iy.jpg

Reule

Have to advance in the story. Prior to during a certain mission, I couldn't go into clothing stores I actually found.

Raven77

Headphones are a good idea, not sure how I didn't think of that :\

Also, has anyone used this thing?

Use an XBOX 360 controller on your PS3

They aren't available on Amazon currently but they are available on Ebay. Anyone use one? The PS3 controller is just terrible imo and I would love to use my wired 360 pad instead.

todahawk

oooo...did it say anything when you got close? hopefully it is interactable.

Nope, not that I could tell but the cops were getting close and I had just bought a bunch of ammo for my extended clip/scoped AK & fully modded assault SMG... I did shoot it with my shotty but nada.

It seemed like too much of a coincidence the cashier saying that... when i get home (FUCK WORK) i'll be checking them out more. There HAS to be a way to get them open!

Headphones are a good idea, not sure how I didn't think of that :\

Also, has anyone used this thing?

Use an XBOX 360 controller on your PS3

They aren't available on Amazon currently but they are available on Ebay. Anyone use one? The PS3 controller is just terrible imo and I would love to use my wired 360 pad instead.

If it wasnt for The Last of Us needing Dualshock Sixaxis for the Torthlight, I wouldve used my wired 360 controller.
I have one of these, makes gaming so much better on the PS3 when Sixaxis isnt needed.

Anyone know what this bag is? I just found it along with a note while driving a dirt bike up a huge mountain. It's in my inventory and I can't select it.

3CNH9iy.jpg

There are a bunch of collectibles in this game, huge amount some sound crazy eg
space ship parts! submarine parts.
they seem to go toward a common completion goal, and some are worth a ton of money

Scuderia

I'm not sure I understand the hangar right... I've put a few planes in it now and left them, but when i come back later they're gone. Doesn't seem to save them?

Thanks, I've been grinding the intro story missions so far... Tonight i'm gonna let loose in the open world, and robbing stores is at the top of the list.
*EDIT: Can you buy masks somewhere? Or do i just rob places with my face exposed?

kris.

Banned
Thanks, I've been grinding the intro story missions so far... Tonight i'm gonna let loose in the open world, and robbing stores is at the top of the list.
*EDIT: Can you buy masks somewhere? Or do i just rob places with my face exposed?

There's a place on the boardwak somewhere in southwestern LS, if I remember correctly. You can buy them
when setting up for heists
but I dunno if they're available during free play. I assume they would be though.

does the hand to hand combat get deeper? seems pretty simple compared to IV and SA. All i can do is punch, kick, dodge, counter, stomp. Is there a block, push or slap people?

Yeah lets play babby mode no skill involved just hold the trigger..

I cannot for the life of me fathom why people want to play with a shitty lockon.

Because of the amount of enemies that come out to and not wanting to wrestle with shitty analogue shooter controls with a tiny cross-hair? I'd much rather they fix the shooting so it locks on like the many fine console shooters out there or released it on PC so I could use a mouse.

To be honest outside of the heists (which are really, really good) I think the game is pretty average so far. Same clunky open world missions and mechanics, it feels tedious to play at times next to Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs. On top of that the writing doesn't appeal to me all that much. I just feel like I've grown tired of GTA styled games and this doesn't offer much new (or at least it hasn't opened up to that point for me yet if it does).

MMaRsu

3CNH9iy.jpg

Lol its a chute dude. Take a sanchez dirtbike over there and jump off the ramp ( straight ahead if you look right at the chute )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom