• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went and pre-ordered the 360 Collectors Edition From GameStop. First time i've been to GameStop in over a year. I went in for the Special Edition but apparently they didn't have any, so my hand was forced, my wife will not be happy.

Pennybags

GTAIV was a great game, although disappointing in some aspects, particularly when it came to features from the PS2 era of GTA.

Desaan said:
How long after launch are they aiming for online mode?

Exactly two weeks.

antitrop

Hometown, downtown, speeding all around
An AK-47 got the power in its barrel to
Move any mother that gets in my way
Just another power machine out on the freeway

Riding with me is my mc homeboy
Knowing the rules ain't part of his program
Finding the right way around this map
Might be pretty hard cause he's fucked on crack

G - Grand Theft Auto
You gotta make a mark and move where you want to

T - Theft
Determination
To steal what you can and run from the nation

A - Hey what d'ya say
We automate the sequence and speed for my getaway
Take it to the edge, there's nowhere to hide
And call up the boys, let's go for a joyride

"Stop the violence from the police" you know my dad used to say but now he's deceased
He got caught in a jam, threw in the can
When the cops from Brooklyn said he killed another man

Seek knowledge was my main game
To think about the law, to figure out the frame
Just when I thought I knew justice, a cop behind me said
"You just been busted"

NYPD

LAPD

SFPD

Don't fuck with me

The Flash

Banned
So I really want this game, and with my personal 360 dead, I'm considering grabbing the Xbox 360 S model (4gb) thats been laying around at my parents' place, so no hard drive. I'm looking to see what the cheapest option I have is to have enough storage to install and run this game. Does a regular usb flash drive do the trick?

Do you have an external hard drive that you wouldn't mind formatting?

Only if you hate greatness.

Only if greatness is repetitive missions, bad controls, no checkpoints, bad controls, removal of a lot of content, bad controls, lack of mission variety, and bad controls.

But y'know, the city's amazing and you can watch TV. GOTG

ANYWAY, GTAV's coming, so let's leave mistakes in the past and look forward to the bright future.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So I really want this game, and with my personal 360 dead, I'm considering grabbing the Xbox 360 S model (4gb) thats been laying around at my parents' place, so no hard drive. I'm looking to see what the cheapest option I have is to have enough storage to install and run this game. Does a regular usb flash drive do the trick?

I don't think so.

Grab a PS3 and join the group!

Yes. You can use a USB flash Drive on the 360 for the 8GB mandatory install.

However, a 120gb HDD for the 360 slim is pretty cheap. $40

disregard posts above mine saying you cant

What's up dudes? I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the best pre-order deal. I don't need the game on release day per say, but I would really love to get it within 2 day of it or so. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

The Flash

Banned
What's up dudes? I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the best pre-order deal. I don't need the game on release day per say, but I would really love to get it within 2 day of it or so. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

The Microsoft Store is giving a $20 XBL code with pre-orders

Alienous

???

Who said this?

It supposedly has a smaller mission count. If I recall, GTA IV had 100. GTA V is said to have less (SPOILERS)
at 70

This ignores mission length, and mission quality. I assume there will be a lot less "chase X until you are allowed to take down X" missions, for instance. The above number of GTA V missions also apparently doesn't include heists, and it's debatable whether it counts the missions leading up to a heist.

Gaz_RB

Possible mission/location rumor/spoiler from the guide/gtaforums: (seriously if you're spoiler sensitive at all don't read, I didnt think it was too big of a deal and it might just be rumor)
North Yankton is a mission only area in Canada that Trevor goes to, and that's where we'll find our precious snow.
Probably lies though, can't really trust gtaforums all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom