• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

because Cali totally borders
Canada.

total BS the trolls over at gtaf have been brewing. Snow it HAS to be
Canada

More spoilers relating to my last post

Apparently some sort of pipeline is being built between the two places? and only trevor goes up there for personal reasons

Good man, damn good.

Gaz_RB, I can't read it ! NO MOAR!
Can't fight...the ...curiosity... hype...too high...

Kvik

It supposedly has a smaller mission count. If I recall, GTA IV had 100. GTA V is said to have less (SPOILERS)
at 70

This ignores mission length, and mission quality. I assume there will be a lot less "chase X until you are allowed to take down X" missions, for instance. The above number of GTA V missions also apparently doesn't include heists, and it's debatable whether it counts the missions leading up to a heist.

I imagine heists missions would be multi-tiered, such as gathering crew, tools, getaway vehicles, explosives (speculation).

Alienous

Kvikmyndahús;81159901 said:
I imagine heists missions would be multi-tiered, such as gathering crew, tools, getaway vehicles, explosives (speculation).

That's the idea. One mission might be gathering masks. The next might be getting weapons. Another might be surveying a bank to see when the money comes in. Another might be entering the building to spot the cameras.

According to Rockstar, it's missions that are small steps towards momentous heists.

It supposedly has a smaller mission count. If I recall, GTA IV had 100. GTA V is said to have less (SPOILERS)
at 70

This ignores mission length, and mission quality. I assume there will be a lot less "chase X until you are allowed to take down X" missions, for instance. The above number of GTA V missions also apparently doesn't include heists, and it's debatable whether it counts the missions leading up to a heist.

That's still a lot of missions, and if the individual missions have been made more layered the way San Andreas was headed, it could be a more substantial game even if GTAIV has a higher count.

And on topic with the current discussion, Rockstar makes great original music. It's taken much too long for GTA to have a full score. All their other titles have fantastic music.

Alienous

The first 20 or so missions in GTA IV were extremely somber, you don't get a handgun officially until the 10th mission mark or so.

I appreciated that. When you eventually got a gun, it was like leveling up.

And it seems like GTA V will be following that. Early missions will probably be lots of domestics squabbles and fisticuffs. I doubt that'll last past 10 missions, though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You guys have to keep in mind what GTA V missions just might be like. They apparently have like 20 hours of original score which didnt even exist in IV to accommodate the action. In addition, you have 3 characters that could potentially provide 3 different gameplay perspectives at any one time. The crazy thing is that more of GTA IV in this new world with a bit more refined missions would still be great but im hoping they KICKED IT UP A NOTCH YEAEAHHAE

Ballistik

Do you have an external hard drive that you wouldn't mind formatting?
A regular HDD? Yeah I do have a spare, didn't know that was an option!

I don't think so.

Grab a PS3 and join the group!
PS3 Slim overheats, couldn't even play TLOU because of it. :/

Yes. You can use a USB flash Drive on the 360 for the 8GB mandatory install.

However, a 120gb HDD for the 360 slim is pretty cheap. $40

disregard posts above mine saying you cant

I have two spare 8GB usb flash drives, but I don't think I would have enough space for that mandatory 8GB install. I have a 64GB one but that's one I carry with me and use.

Violater

I wish we could swap places for 6 days.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
I hear you man, and at the same time I envy you, there is nothing on the horizon that I am hyped for and it sucks.

Kvik

That's the idea. One mission might be gathering masks. The next might be getting weapons. Another might be surveying a bank to see when the money comes in. Another might be entering the building to spot the cameras.

According to Rockstar, it's missions that are small steps towards momentous heists.

The aftermath:

vlcsnap-2010-07-02-19h41m02s1061.png

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You guys have to keep in mind what GTA V missions just might be like. They apparently have like 20 hours of original score which didnt even exist in IV to accommodate the action. In addition, you have 3 characters that could potentially provide 3 different gameplay perspectives at any one time. The crazy thing is that more of GTA IV in this new world with a bit more refined missions would still be great but im hoping they KICKED IT UP A NOTCH YEAEAHHAE

Why not count robbing a bank or anything for GTAO a mission? =D

Spazznid

I kind of wish this song was in the game somewhere. I need more radio stations that make me go from "On to the next Mission!" to "All I wanna do is BANG BANG BANG Cha-CHING"

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Anyone know if there will be an option to replay missions? Because I would love to pop back into some and play as a different character than I did originally.

MormaPope

Banned
I appreciated that. When you eventually got a gun, it was like leveling up.

And it seems like GTA V will be following that. Early missions will probably be lots of domestics squabbles and fisticuffs. I doubt that'll last past 10 missions, though.

I think the pacing will vary drastically based on each protagonist. Trevor might be gunning dudes down right from the start, Michael will have to run errands and maybe a therapy session, Franklin will be somewhere in the middle.

I have a 64gb USB flash drive, I'm sure that's more than enough right?

Yes. 8GB mandatory install. If you want, you can also install the second disc. (to fully install the game, no disc spinning while you play) that will weigh in at about 16GB

Also, a external USB HDD will not work as a storage unit for the Xbox. Not for games atleast.

I have two spare 8GB usb flash drives, so I think I would run out of space. I have a 64GB one but that's one I carry with me and use.

Or you can do what i did bought the fat model hdd and took it apart and slide that into my slim. I got 150gb few years ago cheap that way

DukeBobby

Anyone know if there will be an option to replay missions? Because I would love to pop back into some and play as a different character than I did originally.

I hope so.

GTA IV didn't have the option, which was annoying because I didn't want to replay half the game to reach Three Leaf Clover again.

Alienous

Kvikmyndahús;81161425 said:
The aftermath:

vlcsnap-2010-07-02-19h41m02s1061.png

It could be as blatant as that.

Speaking of which, if you haven't seen The Town or Heat, you owe it to yourself to do so before GTA V comes out.

Also, if Arab Money doesn't play as elevator music while you are ascending the Mile High Club, I'm going to be pissed.

Ballistik

Or you can do what i did bought the fat model hdd and took it apart and slide that into my slim. I got 150gb few years ago cheap that way

Oh snap that's even better. my 60GB hard drive from my original 360 works fine and has all my saves and stuff. Take it apart and buy a case/enclosure?

x-Lundz-x

Heat the game. I am seriously getting rock hard thinking about it.

@ Ballistik, i see you edited your post. A 8GB flash drive will not be enough for the mandatory install. after format that flash drive will only hold about 7GB

Raptomex

at 70

I thought they said GTA IV had
missions. I thought it was a miscommunication. Either way you should factor in length, the planning, and mission replayability. Also, I think it was said around the time of the first preview the story would be as long as any other GTA game (but I can't confirm it). With my pace that's a little over 20 hours. I'm not worried.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Kvikmyndahús;81162061 said:
I'll recommend watching Collateral as well. Say what you will about Cruise, but he was great in it.

There is nothing to say about the Cruise missile except that he is amazing. Amazing is the cruise missile

Mask

Shopto sent me the account charge emails for me and my brothers copies of GTA V. It's happening! Or, atleast it will be in about a week..

Just dropped 15 bones on the limited edition strategy guide too, used that topcashback £5 back deal. I would say I'm spending too much on this
game, but I only went for the standard edition of the game.

Oh snap that's even better. my 60GB hard drive from my original 360 works fine and has all my saves and stuff. Take it apart and buy a case/enclosure?

Yes take it apart (its easy) you can buy the shell case for the Slim HDD on ebay for less than $3.

You will not have to reformat it.

Kvik

I hope so.

GTA IV didn't have the option, which was annoying because I didn't want to replay half the game to reach Three Leaf Clover again.

For me it was the damn motorcycle chase in "Out of Commision". The barrel in front of the jetty always makes me lost my mark!!

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Kvikmyndahús;81162061 said:
I'll recommend watching Collateral as well. Say what you will about Cruise, but he was great in it.

He was so f'n fast on the draw in that movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom