• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome OT, yo!

Like many I am giddy with joy that we are one week away from what I hope is the best GTA to date.

They have ticked pretty much every check box on my most wanted features list with the return of planes, customizable vehicles, and properties.

Add in the obvious lessons learned from RDR and Max Payne, well... This might just be one hell of a ride.

Please understand if its been stated several times over already, but I'd be all for being part of a PS3 crew. I'm not Boss material, but I'm loyal.

Ballistik

All ps3's do that =p

ever tried doing this?

fYt3tnn.jpg

Tried everything from simply cleaning it to swapping the thermal paste. It was sad, I went to redbox to rent TLOU to test it before buying the game, the damn console shut itself off before it even reached the main menu.

Yes take it apart (its easy) you can buy the shell case for the Slim HDD on ebay for less than $3.

You will not have to reformat it.

Thanks!! Will go this route, and thank you guys for the quick answers.

SlickVic

The 2 years since the first trailer have gone by quickly.

Yeah, it's crazy to think that it's almost been 2 years since that trailer. I remember at the time there was a small bit of speculation that the game might come out the following spring, though that didn't make a whole of sense since Max Payne 3 was due at that time already, and it just felt like too quick a turnaround from debut trailer to release for R*. It seemed a release by Spring 2013 was a safe bet, and I suppose that's what they were initially targeting when they started the marketing push with that trailer. I don't think I ever could have predicted we'd end up waiting this long for GTA V, but good thing that wait has almost come to an end.

D-Stubbs

Kvikmyndahús;81162061 said:
I'll recommend watching Collateral as well. Say what you will about Cruise, but he was great in it.
I just watched this last night just to get me ready for GTA V. The movie kicks ass and gives so many good shots of L.A. Yeah I second Collateral if someone wants to watch a movie to get them hyped for GTA V.

Pennybags

Now here we have a 'Let's Watch' thread idea. Can we plan to all watch Heat together on the eve of GTA V's release? Who's in? We could even sync the start time.

Hell, we could do a different heist/criminal movie for every day of the week until release.

Heat, Collateral, Ronin, etc.

MormaPope

Banned
I honestly don't want to do a bunch of heist tutorial missions and I don't expect that many of them. Logically shit hits the fan somewhere down the story line. Because if these three dudes have done a few heists and have amassed a ton of money, whats the reason thematically on why they keep doing heists?

Very simple/not spoilery spoiler, its a achievement spoiler, but not a very important one at all.

There's a achievement for amassing 100 million dollars.

I expect the protagonists are going to fuck with or straight up fuck over someone or some group that's incredibly powerful. And Dan Houser's comment from long ago of playing as both the protagonist and antagonist make me believe that the GTA V story will be incredibly juicy.

Hell, we could do a different heist/criminal movie for every day of the week until release.

I was going to do this starting tonight, but didn't quite get around to it. Was going to start with Collateral. I'll get to it tomorrow maybe. Jackie Brown is on TV right now, so that'll work for tonight I guess.

Alienous

I honestly don't want to do a bunch of heist tutorial missions and I don't expect that many of them. Logically shit hits the fan somewhere down the story line. Because if these three dudes have done a few heists and have amassed a ton of money, whats the reason thematically on why they keep doing heists?

Very simple/not spoilery spoiler, its a achievement spoiler, but not a very important one at all.

There's a achievement for amassing 100 million dollars.

I expect the protagonists are going to fuck with or straight up fuck over someone or some group that's incredibly powerful. And Dan Houser's comment from long ago of playing as both the protagonist and antagonist make me believe that the GTA V story will be incredibly juicy.

I couldn't imagine it being anything other than them owing the wrong people. Perhaps robbing the wrong bank. If Rockstar manage a twist other than that, I'll be impressed.

And I'm convinced the finale has to happen in the Mile High Club. So I'm guessing you mess with a tycoon of sorts.

Tried everything from simply cleaning it to swapping the thermal paste. It was sad, I went to redbox to rent TLOU to test it before buying the game, the damn console shut itself off before it even reached the main menu.

Thanks!! Will go this route, and thank you guys for the quick answers.

Yeah I ordered a slim case it took a good month for it to arrive but I actually used my hdd without one until then it was just kinda hard to pull out

Nah, I've done this with obscure korean movies for fun
Could we do this? Still haven't see Heat. Collateral and Ronin are awesome. The Town is a good movie too

---
And off-topic, talking Korean movies, I Saw The Devil, The Yellow Sea, and The Man From Nowehere are all so good

~Kinggi~

Banned
Could we do this? Still haven't see Heat. Collateral and Ronin are awesome. The Town is a good movie too

---
And off-topic, talking Korean movies, I Saw The Devil, The Yellow Sea, and The Man From Nowehere are all so good

Hmmm, never heard of the Yellow Sea. Added to the queue. The other movies you included are great so this should be good.

MormaPope

Banned
I couldn't imagine it being anything other than them owing the wrong people. Perhaps robbing the wrong bank. If Rockstar manage a twist other than that, I'll be impressed.

And I'm convinced the finale has to happen in the Mile High Club. So I'm guessing you mess with a tycoon of sorts.

I'm thinking of Mexican cartels, terrorist groups, corrupt CIA officials, oversea crime syndicates. People with a lot more resources and a much longer reach than typical gangs or law enforcement.

Gaz_RB

Man Official Trailer 2 is soooo good. Almost as good as Franklin's!

I really hope the three stay friends through it all. I don't want any betrayal or antagonism between any of them. But that's not how heist stories work....

Kvikmyndahús;81164713 said:
Includes a love letter to LA:

Training Day
End of Watch
Drive
+3

Finally saw Training Day a few weeks ago, by far my favorite Denzel movie now

End of Watch is such a good cop movie, great chemistry between Gyllenhaal and Pena

Drive, not for everyone, but I loved it. And given the GTA V line of sight sytem, we can finally recreate the opening chase

Someone should make a poll...or can the OP edit in a poll in this thread? Is this the main GTA 5 thread? If so.... we should have a guess the metacritic score poll. 100-96... 95-90 and so on.

I'm going 94!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom