• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for some slack. But I have to admit. I have never seen Heat.

You really should go out of your way to watch that and all the other LA/heist movies being mentioned. Knowing where GTA is getting inspiration from or paying homage to adds a lot to the experience.

D-Stubbs

Yeah I gotta say Vice City has the best soundtrack. All the GTA's though have great soundtracks, even 3's is pretty good. Loved cruisin around to Head Radio.

antitrop

Yeah I gotta say Vice City has the best soundtrack. All the GTA's though have great soundtracks, even 3's is pretty good. Loved cruisin around to Head Radio.
You can't deny how great the italian opera music was to cruise around with, as well.

Chatterbox is legendary.

Head Radio... It was all so good.

DukeBobby

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
flyinpiranha - 99
More_Badass - 99
Rembrandt - 98/99
RadioActiveLobster 98
Gaz_RB - 98
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Macro. - 98
Spine_Ripper - 98
Spazznid - 98
scarlet - 97
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
Tricky I Shadow - 97
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
Papercuts - 95
jacobs34 - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
UrbanRats - 94
Derrick01 - 93

MormaPope

Banned
Red Dead came pretty close for me- but I agree with you.

The best year of gaming will always be 2001 or 2004. 2001 because my family picked up PS2, along with Red Faction, MGS2 Sons of Liberty, and GTA III. Those first experiences were magical, the next gen jump from PS1/N64 was incredible.

2004 is a sequel to 2001. GTA San Andreas, MGS3, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Burnout 3, Fable, KOTOR 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

2004 is the closest I'll ever be to heaven.

antitrop

The best year of gaming will always be 2001 or 2004. 2001 because my family picked up PS2, along with Red Faction, MGS2 Sons of Liberty, and GTA III. Those first experiences were magical, the next gen jump from PS1/N64 was incredible.
I got my first job at McDonald's (I was 15) in the Summer of 2001 so I could afford a PS2 and a pre-order on Devil May Cry.

MormaPope

Banned
Boyz in the Hood is another fantastic movie, it isn't a heist movie at all, but it captures early 90's LA as a black youth perfectly.

dreamfall

2004 is a sequel to 2001. GTA San Andreas, MGS3, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Burnout 3, Fable, KOTOR 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

2004 is the closest I'll ever be to heaven.

I feel you! 2004 was real golden!

How do you feel about 2007? Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, COD4, Orange Box, God of War 2?

I was huge on Rockstar summers- Red Dead, LA Noire, Max Payne 3- those May drops annually made summer grand!

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Could we do this? Still haven't see Heat. Collateral and Ronin are awesome. The Town is a good movie too

---
And off-topic, talking Korean movies, I Saw The Devil, The Yellow Sea, and The Man From Nowehere are all so good

I'm messing around with vlc and justin tv, I'll post a link if noone objects

Hah, man from nowhere was good

Edit: decide on a time too

MormaPope

Banned
I feel you! 2004 was real golden!

How do you feel about 2007? Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, COD4, Orange Box, God of War 2?

2007 was a great year, but it didn't have the magic that 2004 had. Mass Effect and CoD 4 are probably my favorite games of that year, and I put 20 days worth of hours into CoD 4.

Being a 360 owner in 2006 and 2007 meant really fun and tight knit online communities. I miss that coziness that XBL used to have.

Gaz_RB

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
Gaz_RB - 98/99
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
Derrick01 - 93

You can change me to 98, not fair to have 2 haha

dreamfall

2007 was a great year, but it didn't have the magic that 2004 had. Mass Effect and CoD 4 are probably my favorite games of that year, and I put 20 days worth of hours into CoD 4.

Being a 360 owner in 2006 and 2007 meant really fun and tight knit online communities. I miss that coziness that XBL used to have.

Can we achieve that in GTA Online! I want that tight knit crew- we're reppin' for your GAF Street!

A proper send off- I also concur that it didn't have the magic of 2004. Best ever.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm guessing 95. I almost expect some to be harsher just out of knowing how much of a backlash the IV slobbering got.
And this will match the actually good GTA games.

I could not possibly care less about how it ends up though.

Spazznid

98 for me

9722667114_2921dcbce7_o.gif

Also, this dude who looks like Ryder's son is my favorite in the game so far.

This game is going to have a ton of replay value. First you have 3 different perspectives in some missions and the heists, and ontop of that its all graded and scored.

98 for me

9722667114_2921dcbce7_o.gif

Also, this dude who looks like Ryder's son is my favorite in the game so far.
What is the GIF from? Damn, the faces looks so good. Wow, after playing IV for the last few weeks, it's hard to believe that RS was able to get such amazing visuals out of a PS3. I can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom