• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I am immensely interested to see how this plays out. There is almost an unprecedented level of money and scale involved for a single player game here.

MYSTERY

DukeBobby

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
Cisce - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
flyinpiranha - 99
More_Badass - 99
brickarts295 - 99
Rembrandt - 98/99
RadioActiveLobster 98
Gaz_RB - 98
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Macro. - 98
Spine_Ripper - 98
Spazznid - 98
BigWeather - 98
sdornan - 98
-Yeti - 98
Amagon - 98
AOC83 - 98
red731 - 98
waru - 98
scarlet - 97
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
Tricky I Shadow - 97
Count of Monte Sawed-Off - 97
revolverjgw - 97
Pagusas - 97
likewiise - 97
CountBlackule - 97
The Dutch Slayer - 97
Punished_Snake - 97
Bullza2o - 96
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
reelbigtink - 96
Avon Barksdale - 96
Prompto - 96
QuantumBro - 96
Dark_AnNiaLatOr - 96
Rastafarian42 - 96
bmdubya - 96
Radec - 96
Undead - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
Papercuts - 95
jacobs34 - 95
edgardavids - 95
Represent. - 95
FStop7 - 95
gosox333 - 95
TheLucifer - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
UrbanRats - 94
GAMERG0D - 94
deli2000 - 94
KAP151 - 94
Derrick01 - 93
SkyTurnsRed - 93
Sub_Level - 92
spats - 92
Fjordson - 91
bonesmccoy - 88

It don't work that way, fools

enzo_gt - 101
Ostinatto - 94.57
Gbraga - Yes
Visualante2 - Vomiting
Big Ass Ramp - Fuck Metacritic

Bullza2o

I was secretly interested in this game, but I wasn't planning on buying this game due to time/backlog issues. When I saw that gigantic map, I imagined the countless possibilities of having a lot of fun everywhere in that map. So now I'm very likely to get this game launch day.

Anyone else in the same boat, only pulling the trigger after seeing that awesome map?

EDIT: Scores? 40
on Famitsu. 96

admartian

This is so awesome!
KtYYhlE.jpg

Made by RumblePhish on Reddit.
"Oscar worthy"

There's something strange with this, the car that falls off the truck looks to have it's front wheels fully locked left (if you were in the car), then when the camera gets to the car they straighten up.
Good spot.

*Trophy pop*
If you guys had to pick one thing that gets you the most excited for GTA V...what would it be?

For me it would have to be the fact that we can explore and go on treasure hunts underwater!

PnkmLkT.jpg
Tennis & Golf.

Derrick01

Banned
2007 was a great year, but it didn't have the magic that 2004 had. Mass Effect and CoD 4 are probably my favorite games of that year, and I put 20 days worth of hours into CoD 4.

Being a 360 owner in 2006 and 2007 meant really fun and tight knit online communities. I miss that coziness that XBL used to have.

No year had the insane number of classics and just "good" games as 2004. These debates have started up a lot on gaf lately so I've gone back and looked at most of the years from 08 to 97 and 04 was ridiculously stacked. As great as some years were like 98 there weren't as many games being released back then.

On a side note when I was making goty lists for the years from this generation, just out of boredom one night, I thought I would struggle only picking 10 games from 2007. What I was surprised to find out was how overrated that year was. I barely squeaked 10 out before the end of the year and if it wasn't for November I would have ended with like 5 or 6 games total.

I was secretly interested in this game, but I wasn't planning on buying this game due to time/backlog issues. When I saw that gigantic map, I imagined the countless possibilities of having a lot of fun everywhere in that map. So now I'm very likely to get this game launch day.

Anyone else in the same boat, only pulling the trigger after seeing that awesome map?

EDIT: Scores? 96.

The map lessened my hype, I was kind of on blackout so I didn't know Los Santos was the only city. One of my favorite moments in SA was pulling into San Fierro for the first time, seeing the bridges and the buildings come into view. Ultimately the other cities weren't that great but just the feeling of the game and world opening up right in front of me even after all the stuff I did in the first city... it was awesome. Now there's just the one city and that's kind of disappointing.

Note that I'm still frothing at the mouth for it, but yeah.

Fjordson

92 on Meracritic I think. Internet anger about GTA IV, Tom Chick, etc. will drag it below IV's score (though I won't be surprised if it is the better game).

Oh yeah, what's the cheapest-but-not-crappy option for a PS3 headset? Gonna be playing a lot of multiplayer but never bought a microphone for this thing. Also it'd be nice if it also worked with the PS4

I'm guessing a 96 I think reviewers will be more hesitant will the 10's this time around. But I wouldn't doubt it being higher than 98 either.

At this point I just want the fucking game in my PS3.

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
Cisce - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
flyinpiranha - 99
More_Badass - 99
Rembrandt - 98/99
RadioActiveLobster 98
Gaz_RB - 98
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Macro. - 98
Spine_Ripper - 98
Spazznid - 98
scarlet - 97
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
Tricky I Shadow - 97
Count of Monte Sawed-Off - 97
revolverjgw - 97
Pagusas - 97
Bullza2o - 96
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
reelbigtink - 96
Avon Barksdale - 96
Prompto - 96
QuantumBro - 96
Dark_AnNiaLatOr - 96
Rastafarian42 - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
Papercuts - 95
jacobs34 - 95
edgardavids - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
UrbanRats - 94
GAMERG0D - 94
Derrick01 - 93
Fjordson - 91

It don't work that way, fools

enzo_gt - 101
Ostinatto - 94.57
Gbraga - Yes
Visualante2 - Vomiting
Big Ass Ramp - Fuck Metacritic

thanks for keeping track!

lem0n

Polygon gave The Last of Us a 7.5.

There are no rules.

While you are right, I don't see how it can possibly score less than a 95. Honestly.

Unless it starts breaking Xboxes and PS3s, and is too glitchy to run, I have a gut feeling this will be one of the most perfect games of this generation, or even ever. I'm trying not to sound like a fanboy and it's not working.

Better score 100% meta.
Like it means anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom