• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Been thinking about this and first thing I'll do besides the likes mandatory first story mission will be grabbing as many different bikes/cars as I can and drive the whole map. My number one concern going into GTAV is making sure the vehicles are fully to drive. That is the main shortfall for me from GTAV.

Off to bed and when I wake up it'll be about 8 hours less time until I can do that. Wait is becoming unbearable.

Afrodium

Banned
Been thinking about this and first thing I'll do besides the likes mandatory first story mission will be grabbing as many different bikes/cars as I can and drive the whole map. My number one concern going into GTAV is making sure the vehicles are fully to drive. That is the main shortfall for me from GTAV.

Off to bed and when I wake up it'll be about 8 hours less time until I can do that. Wait is becoming unbearable.

If it's in the game it should be driveable, right? What was in GTA IV that you couldn't pilot besides jet liners and subway trains?

2. Likewise, be ready for the know it all cynics who will dump shitloads of hate on GTAV and praise Sleeping Dogs, SRIII or IV Just Cause 2 or whatever sandbox game as the best ever, or just point to GTAV as another high profile AAA release as boring tripe that can't compare to some sacred PC game released in 1999. Why these people even bothered with GTAV when they knew and we knew they'd hate it, I'll never know.

Hey now, cynics are just life preservers cast upon the roiling waves of hype.  If even one person can be challenged to put what they really love and hate about a game into reasoned thoughts instead of Oprah gifs
<3 Tricky
, then it was worth the effort.

Personally, the culmination of everything wrong with AAA gaming already came and went this year with Tomb Raider.  What we've seen so far of this project suggests instead a culmination of everything Rockstar has learned about their own strengths and the strengths of the medium towards doing a AAA game right.

Maybe I'm just lost as sea too, maybe TLoU restored a bit of the faith in big profile games that the last couple years killed, but I feel surprisingly confident that this game will really be this gen's perfect swan song.

red731

I still can't believe we are so close.
So freakin close. I do hope that my preorder shop won't screw me over - that I wouldn't like.

Thanks for he the list of movies, appreciated!

MC 98

seems legit

1233367_10153220247610290_2524318_n.jpg

Gadirok

Anyone have images to how the moneyclip looks like? It might decide whether or not I want to walk in for the midnight launch or just preorder the PSN digital edition.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
the backlash on gaf will be epic after 1 week of play.

nikos

Does anyone know what time (EDT) this will unlock on PS3? 3 AM? Thinking about going digital.

EDIT: Yup, 3:00 EDT. Looks like I'll stick with physical.

diggler41

First thing I'm doing is finding a bike and riding it around the block before returning for a nice game of tennis.

Classy. I'm gonna grab a bike and head to the desert for a spirit walk/ride then ride up MT Chiliad and get a good view. Then I'm gonna go down the mountain with the bike gravity be damned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom