• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

How can it not be leaked yet? i just want to see some videos.. :/

I hope they keep it that way.

Were only a few days away now. Why let pirate scum have longer with the game than people actually paying for it.

Anyway by this weekend I would imagine people will have legitimate copies in there possession. Maybe we'll get some videos out of that.

Dries

Anyone care to comment on these questions? I asked before, but saw no response.

- Regarding the PS3 version, does anyone know if the drive button will be R1 or R2? What was it in GTA 4?

- I also heard some rumour that there will be some kind of cruise control for vehicles a la the horses in RDR (hold A for the desired speed). Is this true? Maybe answer this in spoiler tags to be sure.

Pyccko

Anyone care to comment on these questions? I asked before, but saw no response.

- Regarding the PS3 version, does anyone know if the drive button will be R1 or R2? What was it in GTA 4?

- I also heard some rumour that there will be some kind of cruise control for vehicles a la the horses in RDR (hold A for the desired speed). Is this true? Maybe answer this in spoiler tags to be sure.

No idea about cruise control, but in GTA4 accelerate and brake were on R2/L2. As those buttons are analog, it's a good bet it'll be the same in GTAV.

Where you using disc version or running it off the hard drive?
My PS3 remains silent when running games off the hard drive, but with TLOU it kicked into max speed for the first time

I have to use headphones while playing TLOU, it's like a harrier doing a vertical takeoff in the room.

lefantome

I'm not sure now, but will the second disc be used to stream data?
I don't want to melt my almost 8 years old dvd player but my hdd can't fit 16gb

TheDanger

Banned
I'm not sure now, but will the second disc be used to stream data?
I don't want to melt my almost 8 years old dvd player but my hdd can't fit 16gb

use a usb flash drive for storage if you have a pretty new USB 2.0 one, or you can get one for 10 bucks.

R* said:
If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.

Dries

No idea about cruise control, but in GTA4 accelerate and brake were on R2/L2. As those buttons are analog, it's a good bet it'll be the same in GTAV.

Also seemed like the most logical choice to me, but now that you said it was also that way in GTA 4 pretty much seals the deal.

DZ_b_EZ

Who are y'all most excited about playing as?

At first it was Michael but I'm all in with Franklin.

I'm more interested in Michael's story 1) because the whole family man is a different take but welcomed and 2)because the actor who plays James (his son) is actually Danny Tamberelli from that Nickelodeon show "Pete &Pete."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0848543/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

I'm not too fond of the Franklin character because I see other black people around me IRL act very similar and it is annoying as fuck. I don't know maybe him and his story will grow on me as the game progresses.

sweetfish

Gold Member
I'm more interested in Michael's story 1) because the whole family man is a different take but welcomed and 2)because the actor who plays James (his son) is actually Danny Tamberelli from that Nickelodeon show "Pete &Pete."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0848543/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

I'm not too fond of the Franklin character because I see other black people around me IRL act very similar and it is annoying as fuck. I don't know maybe him and his story will grow on me as the game progresses.

Mind blown regarding Pete & Pete!

Problems with dutch Xbox 360 version?

There is a problem in the production of the normal version of Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox 360. This allows fewer numbers be extradited to Dutch retailers, as has Gamer.nl from different sources learned from retail

The impact on consumers appear to be minimal. The various retail sources report that there is currently a catch is made for a new batch to print as soon as possible and deliver. This is probably delivered Monday, already thinks a retailer that failed during this day. Most of them therefore expect to launch just to meet the demand. Rockstar has not yet responded to the messages.

Supply problems in GTA 5 would arise due to errors in the printing process. Some of the sources report that two of the ten bands on which the Xbox 360 version printed, were not functioning properly. This could be part of the printed copies not handed over. Two retailers indicate that they will initially get a third fewer copies supplied. Retailer Nedgame talks about a reduction of about ten percent.

http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/432816/productieproblemen-gta-5-voor-360-gevolgen-lijken-miniem

Hip Hop

So... the map legend has leaked

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5167/qc8f.jpg

Nothing mindblowing though, I think all of this was mentioned in previews. I'm not crazy about the return of
darts
though.

Thank you for that. I had wondered when those would show up, I wasn't actively seeking for them anyways. Gonna compare to the map now.

EDIT: is there a clearer picture of the leaked map? The "Higher" res one is kind of hard to look at.

Dabanton

So black people trying to leave the gang life behind annoys you? As that's what Franklin's character is trying to do.

B4D1E

I've been on a black-out regarding this game. But because of this awesome OT, I couldn't resist anymore.

I wanted to know if there was "RPG" elements about the characters. How will it work? Kind of like in San Andreas?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I live in an area which has a high amount of black communities. A lot of the people I see act like Franklin. There are reasons stereotypes exist. I'm not saying its annoying or not annoying, just that there are people that act this way. That's why that group that fit the stereotype are included in games like this.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not too fond of the Franklin character because I see other black people around me IRL act very similar and it is annoying as fuck.

THISGONBGUD.gif

KAP151

I've been on a black-out regarding this game. But because of this awesome OT, I couldn't resist anymore.

I wanted to know if there was "RPG" elements about the characters. How will it work? Kind of like in San Andreas?

None of the RPG is in. Eating/excercise/strength etc.

The hair/tatts/clothing and car/weapon customization is back though.

erawsd

So black people trying to leave the gang life behind annoys you? As that's what Franklin's character is trying to do.

Personally, what I think is interesting about Franklin is that he's not trying to leave gangbanging behind and do something positive with his life -- which is what we usually see with these stories. Instead, he's out to become a better grade of criminal. I could see an Avon/Stringer type clash with Franklin and Lamar.

B4D1E

Thank you Screaming Meat & KAP151 for answering my question.

I'v been thinking, do you think a game like GTAV is capable of having a negative impact on the next-gen sales(Consoles and games alike)?

Ah man. A pre-order is hard to come by over here in the Netherlands. Ordered it half of august and just got a confirmation from the shop I ordered with that they won't have enough in stock to fullfill their pre-orders. They have 35% more orders then they get copies for the PS3 version.

The employee also told me that the 360 version has problems (production error? not sure what the English term is) and that they are being recalled... Anyone know anything about that?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Really? I thought they shit canned all of that?

I stand corrected then.

Here:

•Each character is rated in a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity.

•Each character has a 'Special': Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and can slow down time while driving; Trevor has a frenzy mode, where he's does double damage, takes half damage, and has a unique melee attack; Michael has his own version of bullet time

•Specials are governed by a meter, it drains after use and recharges slowly

•Other skill categories are shared and can be improved by completing missions, side missions, activities and more

•Trevor will always be the best pilot, Franklin will always be the best driver but each can improve their proficiency a little

•One of the skill categories is stealth, suggesting players will be able to take different approaches to missions

SAWCE

As opposed to Michael, who... no, wait, their stories look to share a ton of parallels. Michael just wears suits and is white.

rob305

Ah man. A pre-order is hard to come by over here in the Netherlands. Ordered it half of august and just got a confirmation from the shop I ordered with that they won't have enough in stock to fullfill their pre-orders. They have 35% more orders then they get copies for the PS3 version.

The employee also told me that the 360 version has problems (production error? not sure what the English term is) and that they are being recalled... Anyone know anything about that?

Check this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81210461&postcount=2968

I guess you just confirmed it...

Which shop did you order at?

I put mine pre-order in on 6-30-13 at GameMania.

Never had any problems with them.

Ah, I see. 360 version only. That sucks and I hope for a lot of people that they can still get it on Day 1.

Glad I am getting it on the PS3.

SJRB

Gold Member

Did you pre-order at Game Mania? For what it's worth, Mediamarkt will have a midnight launch as well.

Eckerr

Neo Member

Ah, I see. 360 version only. That sucks and I hope for a lot of people that they can still get it on Day 1.

Glad I am getting it on the PS3.

GameMania should be pretty safe regarding pre-orders.

Did you pre-order at Game Mania? For what it's worth, Mediamarkt will have a midnight launch as well.

Pretty much this. With the amount of hype surrounding this game, and the amount of stores that sell games here (especially in Amsterdam) i'd be surprised if anyone can not get their hands on this on Day 1. We got the Media Markt, Saturn, GameMania, Toys 'R Us, V&D and Dixons.

MMaRsu

GameMania should be pretty safe regarding pre-orders.

I read some guy on a Dutch forum got screwed on his pre-order at Gamemania because one of there stores got shut down :/. I've already put 5 euro's down at frs though.

Got that sweet Franklin and Chop poster hanhing on my wall :)

Midnight launches are only if you preordered at the MM yourself not online. Got a question though...can you preorder the SE at the MM cause I want the blueprint map :p And I got some giftcards I can redeem :)

I pre-ordered at All4Games.nl, because they have the low price of €50,-. I don't like supporting GameMania's practices and therefore try to avoid them as much as possible.
I just now see that Mediamarkt also has it, for the same price in their webshop (€50). Do you know if they deliver on day of release, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom