• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZ_b_EZ

I completely understand your point.

Could you imagine this game if Franklin's character were more like Bill Cosby Sr.? Don't think it would be the same.

Yeah I guess it wouldn't, or it could make it even better?? Imagine a 1980s Bill Cosby at his prime, talking about pudding pops and flippity flops throughout the story.....the game would be even weirder.

I'm voting for Bill Cosby mod for PC.

OaFxrbL.jpg

Ushae

Banned
Is it wise for me to wait for a next gen version? I'm thinking 6 months after they'll announce a next gen platform version fo the game?

DZ_b_EZ

Consider the Arabs (of which I'm related): We're either terrorists or dudes who can point you to terrorists... or we're The Covenant XD

I'm not even Arab and I'm tired of seeing it, especially in FPS games. Don't worry man, this medium will mature to put everyone different kinds of lights and different kinds of stories we all can relate to, maybe.

Tankshell

My Shopto order switched to "PROCESSING" last night. I pray for a Friday dispatch + Saturday morning delivery. Hey... it could happen, right? RIGHT?

red731

So I joined the BritGAF crew if that's ok. I go by the nickname of PredatorPly7 on Social Club.

Hey, Marston lookalike avatar Brit guy said you are welcome there too. Since he loves brothers and sisters from our country, man.

By the way, where did you preorder it from? I took a shot with Alza and the SE edition...I want to belive that I hadn't made a mistake.

SHADES

It just annoys me (the only thing that does in this game) because I'm black I think it would be cool if Franklin was the rich guy with a family, living in the hills. I try not to dwell on this issue deeply because its fairly hot, but for whatever reason I thought I could vent about it on forum. The way I brought it up was kind of dumb (no shit). I am happy there is another black protagonist, I shouldn't complain.

Yeah but just imagine how shit the story would be if Franklin was a whiteboy gangsta in Da hood? No one would be immersed in the character as he'd be more like Ali G.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, just that the story holds more weight not in franklin himself but his surroundings, Maybe they should have gone with the Mexican gangs approach as that would be more believable? Other than that its the Ayrian brotherhood/American history X approach.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even Arab and I'm tired of seeing it, especially in FPS games. Don't worry man, this medium will mature to put everyone different kinds of lights and different kinds of stories we all can relate to, maybe.

Ah, it is what it is, y'know? I'm mixed race (Egyptian father/Irish mother, born in England), so it would start to get pretty complicated if they tried to represent my background accurately XD

On the rare occasion that there is an Arabic protagonist, they usually just look like dark-haired Americans (see Prince of Persia) XD

That's it. Moyes Boys against your crappy crew, midnight October 7th

indiana-jones-gun-beats-sword-o.gif

:p

How does the crew stuff work btw, is it just an added layer of xp points, or is it related to the clan stuff?

HAHAHA! Hey, if you're on XBox and you want to go at it, like, noaw, I can you give you a lead enema on MP3, if you fancy? :D

Regarding crews (and not to be brisk), both. Easier match-making, extra XP and, if MP3 is anything to go by, special in-game items (masks, crew jackets etc.)

Hey, Marston lookalike avatar Brit guy said you are welcome there too. Since he loves brothers and sisters from our country, man.

Yup. No xenophobia in BritGAF (if you can cope with flying under that banner... we should've called it EuroGAF XD)

It just annoys me (the only thing that does in this game) because I'm black I think it would be cool if Franklin was the rich guy with a family, living in the hills. I try not to dwell on this issue deeply because its fairly hot, but for whatever reason I thought I could vent about it on forum. The way I brought it up was kind of dumb (no shit). I am happy there is another black protagonist, I shouldn't complain.

carlton.gif

burnfout

Ah man. A pre-order is hard to come by over here in the Netherlands. Ordered it half of august and just got a confirmation from the shop I ordered with that they won't have enough in stock to fullfill their pre-orders. They have 35% more orders then they get copies for the PS3 version.

The employee also told me that the 360 version has problems (production error? not sure what the English term is) and that they are being recalled... Anyone know anything about that?

Just go the midnight launch of Bart Smit/Intertoys. I spoke to them yesterday and they are getting plenty of copies.

red731

Yup. No xenophobia in BritGAF (if you can cope with flying under that banner... we should've called it EuroGAF XD)

And I knew you would know who I was talking about, Screaming Meat.
I guess you've said you are on x360, but still, getting to know each other here is a plus even tho we won't play together :D

And question time:
The crews. Will it be incorporated in the GTAO as in I don't have you as friend in my console, but since you are in crew, I can see you ingame?

Con_Smith

Banned
That's it. Moyes Boys against your crappy crew, midnight October 7th

indiana-jones-gun-beats-sword-o.gif

:p

How does the crew stuff work btw, is it just an added layer of xp points, or is it related to the clan stuff?

In MP3 fighting with your clan boosts your xp and if there is enough of another clan on the other team you can star a fuss if things get real. Guess are fun because they can really help boost your clans rank as well as grown your rep on the social club.

I'm not sure exactly how this will fully impact GTA V especially now that hierarchies are involved but we'll find out soon hopefully.

SHADES

If any of you guys had the choice which system would opt for for GTA V?

I have more friends on XBL but not interested in that, just purely from a gameplay perspective.
I'm seriously considering switching my preordered from 360 to PS3.

Edit* also joined BritGAF, SHADES_GAF.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you've said you are on x360, but still, getting to know each other here is a plus even tho we won't play together :D

And question time:
The crews. Will it be incorporated in the GTAO as in I don't have you as friend in my console, but since you are in crew, I can see you ingame?

Presuming that I was on PS3 and it is similar to MP3, then yes. There could be a tab (like MP3) dedicated to who is online in your crew and you can join them from there.

In MP3 fighting with your clan boosts your xp and if there is enough of another clan on the other team you can star a fuss if things get real. Guess are fun because they can really help boost your clans rank as well as grown your rep on the social club.

I'm not sure exactly how this will fully impact GTA V especially now that hierarchies are involved but we'll find out soon hopefully.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Feuds. Things get pretty heated in MP3 when a feud is going down.

Con_Smith

Banned

And question time:

Yes if it's like MP3 you should see active players of your crew not on your friends list.

Falifax

By the way, where did you preorder it from? I took a shot with Alza and the SE edition...I want to belive that I hadn't made a mistake.

Sweet.

I have it reserved at JRC since they were pretty reliable in the past with highly anticipated games and have 10% off with every purchase but I'm contemplating about ordering it from Alza as well, just in case. It's a 10 minute walk to both stores so I guess it only depends who will be faster with their order.

I guess we should haha.

Install is only 8 GB on Ps3 so I'd guess it's definitely not the whole game.

Still I find it hard to believe you can't hear anything with your headphones on. I mean what the hell. Maybe get those noise-cancelling headphones?

hmm, 8gb install is pretty huge. i think GTAIV only had like 2-3gb installed iirc. maybe the blu-ray drive isn't as stressed with GTAV as say with The Last of Us? could it be that GTAV does not make my PS3 sound like traffic? if it's mostly reading from the HDD, it might not heat up as much?

but yea even with headphones on, it's still way too distracting. if there's any subtle music or sound effects i can't hear them properly. also i'm going to play GTAV with the gf, so headphones aren't an option. i think i'm first going to grab a physical copy, and if my PS3 is way too loud, i'll get the digital version and sell off the physical copy. i'll lose a few euros but whatever, i need to have a good experience with the game and an obnoxiously loud console will ruin that..

You have a fat ps3? At fan speed x3 this thing sound like an helicopter

i have a slim from 2009 or 2010, i forget. it's MUCH louder than my old fat (RIP) ever was, oddly enough.

TheDanger

Banned
I just asked my local game shop when my pre order will be dispatched and they replied they can't tell me because Rockstar says they are not allowed to. Then he said if I was always nice to my mailman I'll get it on launch day lol.

Con_Smith

Banned

I have more friends on XBL but not interested in that, just purely from a gameplay perspective.

If you didn't play MP3 and have no crew affiliation I say go where your most comfortable. If you like the look of gta:eek: then go where your friends are. I'm guessing the two systems are about even but I'm going 360 because I put so much time into Max Payne I want my stuff to carry over.

Dabanton

What I'm saying is, I'm kind of tired of seeing a character of my race being portrayed as a hoodlum, even in film and videogames. Although, this is a GTA game so I didn't have my hopes high but it just bothered me a little bit. I use to kind of be like this character and thankfully I "woke up" and evolved into a much different person. I guess that's why it bothers me. The game is an art that is portraying......well life. I just wish I could see more black characters in entertainment shown in a positive light or have a positive background, thats all. I shouldn't of really mentioned that, especially in this thread. That was dumb of me. I'm really pumped for this game, regardless of how Franklin is portrayed and I just hope all of the characters end op being likeable.

Now that I understand.

And I would agree in a broad sense, but this is GTA I expect scumbags and villains. I will say though Franklin is probably the most 'likable' of the three characters so far.

red731

Sweet.

I have it reserved at JRC since they were pretty reliable in the past with highly anticipated games and have 10% off with every purchase but I'm contemplating about ordering it from Alza as well, just in case. It's a 10 minute walk to both stores so I guess it only depends who will be faster with their order.

This is in fact the first time I am preordering something from Alza. They took down the page for PS3 SE by now, so they've must reached their SE stock quote. I really hope it will have just like a day delay at most.

Better do that, just to be sure - if there is not penalty in canceling the preorders or something.

Btw, by now I think I know in which city you reside. If I am right, then I am 50km from you. You are on PS3 too, right?

burnfout

Edit* also joined BritGAF, SHADES_GAF.

I am opting for PS3 this time around. My 360 makes more noise, and my PS3 feels like it will still last for years to come. If a next-gen port doesn't happen, I will be able to play this game for a loooongg time.

Also the sound capabilities of the PS3 are waaaay better. I have a good 5.1 setup and I want to listen to the music and sound effects in the best way possible.

Is it confirmed that there will be no pre-release download for North America?! Just pre-ordered it from PSN and it says I'll only be able to download it on September 17th. I'm sure hoping it's a error, considering the traffic there will be online at that exact moment.

The Playstation Store might just explose if it's true.

UrbanRats

I think i'll abandon any GTAV thread from now until release.

1) don't want to get spoiled.

2) don't want to get sick of it, before i even play it.

See you guys after the 17th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom