• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

I pre-ordered at All4Games.nl, because they have the low price of €50,-. I don't like supporting GameMania's practices and therefore try to avoid them as much as possible.
I just now see that Mediamarkt also has it, for the same price in their webshop (€50). Do you know if they deliver on day of release, perhaps?

Gamemania has not received any official news about the reduction in copies being delivered.

SHADES

Which shop did you order at?

I put mine pre-order in on 6-30-13 at GameMania.

Never had any problems with them.

Ah, I see. 360 version only. That sucks and I hope for a lot of people that they can still get it on Day 1.

Glad I am getting it on the PS3.

Hmmm curious, has this problem been contained & it's just going to affect numbers or is it worth switching preorder from 360 to PS3?

does anyone know if theres clan like system in gta online?

i would love it if clans fight for territory not as game mode as sustained turf over time.

Midnight launches are only if you preordered at the MM yourself not online. Got a question though...can you preorder the SE at the MM cause I want the blueprint map :p And I got some giftcards I can redeem :)

Try giving them a call.

Hmmm curious, has this problem been contained & it's just going to affect numbers or is it worth switching preorder from 360 to PS3?

By the sound of it they still expect that stores will have sufficient amount of new copies shipped to them on Day 1.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

i would love it if clans fight for territory not as game mode as sustained turf over time.

Yeah, they're called Crews. Not sure if there will be a persistent Turf War mode, but there was a basic mode similar to that in the MP for one of the DLC. Can't remember which one.

There is a clan system, but Rockstar calls them "crews" .... you can sign up for them on the Rockstar Social Club. I believe there are several for Gaffers ... looking for the 360 one myself ;)

TheDanger

Banned
I preordered the game on Amazon.co.uk from Italy and my expected delivery date is between 19 and 24 September. I did it because prices in Italy are stupidly high as usual (70 euro) and the few online shops that actually offered a better deal wouldn't bother to dispatch a game a few days earlier to get it delivered by the release date, but I'm starting to regret it:/

The hardest days are gonna be the ones between the release date and the day I'm gonna finally lay my hands on this thing, when everyone is gonna be playing it and I will be stuck in my self-imposed media blackout, avoiding any video and barely reading impressions.

Hold me GAF :/

This was exactly my situation(except I'm from Austria), then I said fuck it, cancelled it and pre-ordered at 70€ from my local game shop so I can get it on time. It's probably gonna arrive day 1 or day 2, those 4 or 5 days of extra waiting time I don't have to bear through are worth 20€ I think, especially if everyone else is already playing.

SJRB

Gold Member
I pre-ordered at All4Games.nl, because they have the low price of €50,-. I don't like supporting GameMania's practices and therefore try to avoid them as much as possible.
I just now see that Mediamarkt also has it, for the same price in their webshop (€50). Do you know if they deliver on day of release, perhaps?

I don't give a fuck about Game Mania and I never buy my games there, but when it comes to this game I just want it as soon as possible. And Game Mania is 4 minutes closer to my home than the Mediamarkt, so whatever haha.

Ordering online over at Mediamarkt should get it delivered on launch day. But as always, no guarantees. You can't pick up a copy at the midnight launch if you order online though.

Try giving them a call.

By the sound of it they still expect that stores will have sufficient amount of new copies shipped to them on Day 1.

Yeah thanks i'll go by 'm tonight :) See how much they ask for the SE and decide there if I want to pay an extra 20 to 30 euro just for some dlc and a printed out map :p

Do you have a Media Markt close-by? Because your best bet is just to walk in and grab a copy. It is one of those stores that gets a huge quantity of copies shipped to them. I'd be surprised if you can not find any on Tuesday.

SHADES

Try giving them a call.

Ah ok, thanks.

I only preordered on 360 as it was to be the last game to grace my xbox account before PS4, kinda like a sentimental swan song, but if there's a possibility of any issues sentiment can take a hike.

Demathe

Neo Member
Been a GTA fan ever since the original back in the late 90's

San Andreas is still my fav, but GTA V will surely take that place with all the content and GTA Online

And to think, that after 5 long years, the wait is finally over...

if all goes well I should have the game this friday, so that's just two more nights of sleep...CRAZY!!

Great OT btw!

I don't give a fuck about Game Mania and I never buy my games there, but when it comes to this game I just want it as soon as possible. And Game Mania is 4 minutes closer to my home than the Mediamarkt, so whatever haha.

Ordering online over at Mediamarkt should get it delivered on launch day. But as always, no guarantees. You can't pick up a copy at the midnight launch if you order online though.

What is with the hate of Game Mania here? I never had any problems with them in the 3-4 years I buy games in their store. They deliver on time, send a text message to tell me I can pick up my pre-order and I can safe points on my GM Card which, if I reach 1500 points, gets me a €15,- coupon.

Hayabusi

Ah man. A pre-order is hard to come by over here in the Netherlands. Ordered it half of august and just got a confirmation from the shop I ordered with that they won't have enough in stock to fullfill their pre-orders. They have 35% more orders then they get copies for the PS3 version.

The employee also told me that the 360 version has problems (production error? not sure what the English term is) and that they are being recalled... Anyone know anything about that?

I'm in Germany and I will order it through Amazon UK. £34.99 plus shipping is a good deal (especially compared to the Amazon DE price of 69€...).

Do you have a Media Markt close-by? Because your best bet is just to walk in and grab a copy. It is one of those stores that gets a huge quantity of copies shipped to them. I'd be surprised if you can not find any on Tuesday.
Is it the same price as their webshop? I don't want to give them extra monies if I don't absolutely have to. I have better use for every extra € I can save at the moment.

Demathe

Neo Member
Is it the same price as their webshop? I don't want to give them extra monies if I don't absolutely have to. I have better use for every extra € I can save at the moment.

MM always matches their webshop prices, so yeah

lotta dutchies here btw, good to see GTA is still big over here ;)

When there is a time I do not buy my games at Game Mania, Media Markt tends to always have new games standardly priced at €50,- both online and in the shop but, again, try calling them and ask for the price. It is your safest bet.

MM always matches their webshop prices, so yeah

lotta dutchies here btw, good to see GTA is still big over here ;)
Are you sure about that though? I know for a fact that they can be pretty assholish when it comes to matching prices (for other products at least) from one of their other branches...

And there are a lot Dutch folks in here indeed, didn't expect that many :p

Edit: Anyway, thanks a lot guys. I'm gonna pre-order sometime this week. I think it's gonna be Mediamarkt Eindhoven then, so I can grab a copy the moment school's out. Commuting back home is gonna be awful, haha.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'd join a PS3 crew, but, I haven't ever been in one, and I'm not sure I have the time after work to be able to commit to anything. Don't want to drag the teams down.

Cheapest place to get it in the UK still Amazon @ £35?

I'd usually order from Shopto or SimplyGames but they're both much more expensive :[

So I've just pre-ordered GTAV on the PSn and this is what I get? ;

"Please come back to the Playstation Store on PS3 any time after 12:01am (PST) on September 17th, 2013 to download your game and access the in-game Atomic Blimp."

Whaaaaaaaaat?! I'm from Quebec Montreal Canada, so at the time I'll be able to download it, it'll already be 3:00am (EST).
So I'm guessing there's no pre-loads for Canada either. Fuck those hackers.

DZ_b_EZ

So black people trying to leave the gang life behind annoys you? As that's what Franklin's character is trying to do.

What I'm saying is, I'm kind of tired of seeing a character of my race being portrayed as a hoodlum, even in film and videogames. Although, this is a GTA game so I didn't have my hopes high but it just bothered me a little bit. I use to kind of be like this character and thankfully I "woke up" and evolved into a much different person. I guess that's why it bothers me. The game is an art that is portraying......well life. I just wish I could see more black characters in entertainment shown in a positive light or have a positive background, thats all. I shouldn't of really mentioned that, especially in this thread. That was dumb of me. I'm really pumped for this game, regardless of how Franklin is portrayed and I just hope all of the characters end op being likeable.

Demathe

Neo Member
Are you sure about that though? I know for a fact that they can be pretty assholish when it comes to matching prices (for other products at least) from one of their other branches...

And there are a lot Dutch folks in here indeed, didn't expect that many :p

in all instances where I've asked them to pricematch, they did (both games and consoles)
only tried in MM Den Haag, Rotterdam and Rijswijk though, but should be the same everywhere

I'll hopefully be paying €15 extra to get the game on friday myself though so I'm not at the least bit thinking about pricematching or anything, I just wanna go back to San Andreas!! :p

Mr YuYu

What is with the hate of Game Mania here? I never had any problems with them in the 3-4 years I buy games in their store. They deliver on time, send a text message to tell me I can pick up my pre-order and I can safe points on my GM Card which, if I reach 1500 points, gets me a €15,- coupon.

I pre-ordered at Game Mania aswell. They had a trade-in special for GTA 5. Trade-in 3 games and you can pre-order GTA for 30 euro.

I don't really like Gamemania because they always rip you off when it comes to used games.

Darklor01

What I'm saying is, I'm kind of tired of seeing a character of my race being portrayed as a hoodlum, even in film and videogames. Although, this is a GTA game so I didn't have my hopes high but it just bothered me a little bit. I use to kind of be like this character and thankfully I "woke up" and evolved into a much different person. I guess that's why it bothers me. The game is an art that is portraying......well life. I just wish I could see more black characters in entertainment shown in a positive light or have a positive background, thats all. I shouldn't of really mentioned that, especially in this thread. That was dumb of me. I'm really pumped for this game, regardless of how Franklin is portrayed and I just hope all of the characters end op being likeable.

I completely understand your point.

Could you imagine this game if Franklin's character were more like Bill Cosby Sr.? Don't think it would be the same.

DZ_b_EZ

I live in an area which has a high amount of black communities. A lot of the people I see act like Franklin. There are reasons stereotypes exist. I'm not saying its annoying or not annoying, just that there are people that act this way. That's why that group that fit the stereotype are included in games like this.

It just annoys me (the only thing that does in this game) because I'm black I think it would be cool if Franklin was the rich guy with a family, living in the hills. I try not to dwell on this issue deeply because its fairly hot, but for whatever reason I thought I could vent about it on forum. The way I brought it up was kind of dumb (no shit). I am happy there is another black protagonist, I shouldn't complain.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It just annoys me (the only thing that does in this game) because I'm black I think it would be cool if Franklin was the rich guy with a family, living in the hills. I try not to dwell on this issue deeply because its fairly hot, but for whatever reason I thought I could vent about it on forum. The way I brought it up was kind of dumb (no shit). I am happy there is another black protagonist, I shouldn't complain.

Consider the Arabs (of which I'm related): We're either terrorists or dudes who can point you to terrorists... or we're The Covenant XD

Darklor01

Honestly, it wasn't dumb. You have feelings about something. You have every right to voice it. I don't think you should be bashed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom